Adam Larsson

Wiggles1213

92 members have voted

1. 1. Will Adam Larsson be a bust?

• Yes
    • No

I thought the Devils would be all over him. But based on what little we've heard about the combine and the interviews, it doesn't seem like the Devils are that high on him at all. It could be a smokescreen or a misinterpretation or the fact that they think he'll be gone by the time they pick, but I really figured all the talk would be about Larsson right now.

Thats like asking what next weeks lottery numbers are going to be.

The guy hasn't even been drafted yet!

This years draft is one of the most unpredictable in years, the people picking 15th could end up with the best player.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought the Devils would be all over him. But based on what little we've heard about the combine and the interviews, it doesn't seem like the Devils are that high on him at all. It could be a smokescreen or a misinterpretation or the fact that they think he'll be gone by the time they pick, but I really figured all the talk would be about Larsson right now.

It may well have been a smokescreen, with all the talking up they did of Landeskog they helped get him drafted #2 :lol: It'd be pretty shrewd, talk up the guy you sorta like to help ensure the guy you really like falls to you.

I'm very intrigued as to how you can say something like this so matter-of-factly

Sorry, didn't see this earlier.

I don't see him as a Lidstrom-level franchise d-man... the reports compare him in some aspects to Lidstrom, but largely I see more comparisons to Viktor Hedman... who again, is - and will be a good d-man for years...

So, I'd vote bust if your expecting a franchise player like Lidstrom

No bust, if your expecting a solid #1/2 d-man... but not a franchise player.

What an idiot, there's obviously ZERO CHANCE HE BUSTS

:lol:

Sorry, didn't see this earlier.

I don't see him as a Lidstrom-level franchise d-man... the reports compare him in some aspects to Lidstrom, but largely I see more comparisons to Viktor Hedman... who again, is - and will be a good d-man for years...

So, I'd vote bust if your expecting a franchise player like Lidstrom

No bust, if your expecting a solid #1/2 d-man... but not a franchise player.

It's not like anybody said the day Lidstrom was drafted "This guy's going to play until he's 41 and be arguably the best defenseman ever, for sure." Things like that you can't possibly predict. I think it is foolish to compare any prospect to one of the best players ever, but I don't know why you are so confident that Larsson can't develop into a franchise player. He has all the tools. There's no reason to be pessimistic about his future.

It's not like anybody said the day Lidstrom was drafted "This guy's going to play until he's 41 and be arguably the best defenseman ever, for sure." Things like that you can't possibly predict. I think it is foolish to compare any prospect to one of the best players ever, but I don't know why you are so confident that Larsson can't develop into a franchise player. He has all the tools. There's no reason to be pessimistic about his future.

It's a hard position to take. I don't feel he is a draft bust, like I said I believe he will be a solid #1/2 guy for years and years.

I really think its a definition issue.... But when I hear franchise d-men, I think of Lidstrom, Stevens, Nieds, Pronger, etc.

In terms of hockeyfuture rating, I'm thinking he's more of an 8 ("players with definite skill that might be just a cut below elite status, but still possessing All-Star potential") than a 9.

But overall, I'm extremely excited to have Larsson on our team. I haven't been excited on draft day like this since Parise....

It's a hard position to take. I don't feel he is a draft bust, like I said I believe he will be a solid #1/2 guy for years and years.

I really think its a definition issue.... But when I hear franchise d-men, I think of Lidstrom, Stevens, Nieds, Pronger, etc.

In terms of hockeyfuture rating, I'm thinking he's more of an 8 ("players with definite skill that might be just a cut below elite status, but still possessing All-Star potential") than a 9.

But overall, I'm extremely excited to have Larsson on our team. I haven't been excited on draft day like this since Parise....

Fair enough, let's not argue semantics. However good he ends up being, we can at least agree that we have a lot to be excited about. :cheers:

I am very excited about getting Larsson, and it could not have come at a better time. I do not think he will be on our Opening Night roster next year, but we may see him here and there throughout the season. I expect him to be a solid part of our D for quite some time....

I am very excited about getting Larsson, and it could not have come at a better time. I do not think he will be on our Opening Night roster next year, but we may see him here and there throughout the season. I expect him to be a solid part of our D for quite some time....

Obviously the AHL is an option for him but I imagine his preference is NHL then SEL. Combine that with the Devils normal patience, Merrill being another example, and I think he will either be in the NHL or SEL next year.