Adam Larsson

Wiggles1213

92 members have voted

1. 1. Will Adam Larsson be a bust?

• Yes
    • No

It's a hard position to take. I don't feel he is a draft bust, like I said I believe he will be a solid #1/2 guy for years and years.

I really think its a definition issue.... But when I hear franchise d-men, I think of Lidstrom, Stevens, Nieds, Pronger, etc.

In terms of hockeyfuture rating, I'm thinking he's more of an 8 ("players with definite skill that might be just a cut below elite status, but still possessing All-Star potential") than a 9.

But overall, I'm extremely excited to have Larsson on our team. I haven't been excited on draft day like this since Parise....

franchise defensemen become such a thing in the NHL, and it will happen 6-7 years from now. no one can know if he's capable of making that jump, we just know that he has the potential to do it. scott niedermayer took 10 years to become that defenseman.

franchise defensemen become such a thing in the NHL, and it will happen 6-7 years from now. no one can know if he's capable of making that jump, we just know that he has the potential to do it. scott niedermayer took 10 years to become that defenseman.

True. You need a body of work to evaluate the development and rise. I think Larsson has the skill-set and tools to do it. The thing that impressed me the most is that scouts say Larsson has the ability to handle pretty much all facets of the game, ie, shooting, passing, skating, speed, positional play, physicality. I'd be surprised if Larsson took the Niedermayer route in terms of incline/development. Nieds tended to be his own worst enemy in becoming elite, had some stubbornness early on and bad decision-making and his defensive lapses in the beginning were quite evident. Larsson from what I've seen exhibits this almost icy calm in a lot of situations and is very smooth and deliberate.

Time will tell, but there's good reason to get excited over this guy and he may come up faster than the norm dictates.

From the limited knowledge I have about Larsson and watched some videos of him etc, the Devils to me might have gotten the best player in the draft.

Elite defenseman in the league now might be the #1 priority for most teams, and Larsson clearly has that potential.

Devils fans should be estastic!

18 years old an he's already 6'3 220. He'll probably fill out at about 6'5 230. Will be a physical force on the blue line with an offensive upside of up to 50 pts if he reaches potential. This guy could be the next Pronger. Worst case scenario, Derian Hatcher in the prime of his career. He wont be a bust.

18 years old an he's already 6'3 220. He'll probably fill out at about 6'5 230. Will be a physical force on the blue line with an offensive upside of up to 50 pts if he reaches potential. This guy could be the next Pronger. Worst case scenario, Derian Hatcher in the prime of his career. He wont be a bust.

I was thinking more Lidstrom-lite. Either way, this is a fantastic pick, especially with Robinson mentoring him.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Larsson seems more of a White or Volchenkov kind of player. Doesn't put up alot of points but good shut down guy and good with the defense in front on the net

Larsson seems more of a White or Volchenkov kind of player. Doesn't put up alot of points but good shut down guy and good with the defense in front on the net

No, Larsson is a completely different type of player. He has much more creativity and offensive skill than White or Volchenkov. In Sweden, he was used in a heavily defense-first role, had a relatively weak year and still put up 9 points in 37 games in the SEL. With the right development, and being put in a more offensive role, he's a defenseman that can run the PP and put up a good number of points without too much of a sweat.

Edited by Amberite

You need to look past his SEL stats. A White/Volchenkov doesn't get noted as the best defenseman in the draft. This guy can play both styles of defense at a high level up to now. He has the type of talent where he could potentially put up Lidstrom-like or at least Byfuglien like numbers.

You need to look past his SEL stats. A White/Volchenkov doesn't get noted as the best defenseman in the draft. This guy can play both styles of defense at a high level up to now. He has the type of talent where he could potentially put up Lidstrom-like or at least Byfuglien like numbers.

So an Atlanta/Winnipeg type of franchise player at least! :evil:

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Thanks for explaining