Will Devils resign Doc Emerick?

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

I am pretty sure the Devils handle everything in regards to THEIR talent. Yes, the Dolan's pay the Devils for the rights to air their games, but the have no say on on-air talent.

I think Doc is probably ready for a change and calling games for Pittsburg probably is more favorable as it will mean less travel for national games next year.

I will miss him a lot, but I understand if he goes to Pittsburgh.

MSG produces, not the Devils. MSG talent that does Rangers games does Devils games does Islanders game, they do a weekly show including people who do the team broadcasts. And Dolan owns the channel. Dolan pays them.

That's why Cangelosi does the games, he's an MSG talent who's done various things for them.

I love listening to Doc call a game. To me, a hockey game isn't a hockey game unless he calls it. Would hate to see him leave.

Mike

I love Doc with Chico -- he just is a little more at ease. They both seem like the kindest men on earth - which crazily gives Doc some space to let his wry wit shine. It's almost like he can't do that with other guys because their boundaries are just so much further out.

Edited by Pepperkorn