Bos- Horton to the Hospital!

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Only 3 factors at play here equals the 4 games:

1- Horton (top 6 foward + money player for Boston) carted off and concussed out of SC Finals by Rome's dirty hit.

2- Rome (5th-6th defenseman) meaning totally uneven trade-off.

3- Series bull sh!t starting with Burrows, the diving, the taunting, Boston's Game 3 response and where everything goes from here. The NHL is trying to cut the bullsh!t out.

Cut it all or none. There is no in between and that is exactly what they are trying to do. The calls are so uneven its not even funny. Some get suspended for one thing while others get a slap on the wrist and a Double Minor. It just isnt right. They have alot to look at and work on in this offseason. Alot needs to change.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ThepArsiEhOPe

It is steep, 4 games. I agree 1-2 would fit. Rome had his own issues this season in the playoffs and THAT hit on HIM was a blindside hit delivered by McGinn of San Jose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlVUscQ4VCg&feature=player_embedded

McGinn received a GM and as I recall was not handed down any game suspensions. That hit was WAYYYY more dangerous then the hit Rome tossed out to Horton.

To have a hit handed down to you like that and have no suspension to the player who hit you and then to toss a hit the next round and be tossed out of Game 4 and 5 of the Stanly Cup Finals.....thats heart breaking.

More dangerous? Yes it was a blindside but not more dangerous. It was dangerous but HE came back to the game. Horton is lying in the hospital for a long time now i think the injuries taken, Horton sustained more damage then Rome did

Another thing worth noting (that was already mentioned in this thread in comparison to the Stevens on Kariya hit) is that in the McGinn hit, he had Rome lined up before he let go of the puck. In the Rome on Horton hit, Rome didn't even start moving toward him until after Horton let go of the puck.

More dangerous? Yes it was a blindside but not more dangerous. It was dangerous but HE came back to the game. Horton is lying in the hospital for a long time now i think the injuries taken, Horton sustained more damage then Rome did

I believe he's out of the hospital already.

Guest ThepArsiEhOPe

I believe he's out of the hospital already.

Your right he is

My link

Good to see he'll have a while out of playing won't skate much for a while i would assume

I believe the hit from Rome was .95 seconds after the pass (and anything after .5 seconds is late)

I think Stevens on Kariya was almost as late, Stevens doesn't leave his feet either, but basically they are almost identical hits.

Stevens on Kariya

Rome on Horton

http://youtu.be/is-XfWAtTF4

The difference between the two is that Stevens started moving into Kariya while he still had the puck, while Rome didn't initiate his hit until after the puck was gone.

In rulebook terms, the Rome hit is technically "late" because the pass completed and another player gained control of the puck, while Kariya still technically had possession of the puck since the pass had not yet completed.

The difference between the two is that Stevens started moving into Kariya while he still had the puck, while Rome didn't initiate his hit until after the puck was gone.

In rulebook terms, the Rome hit is technically "late" because the pass completed and another player gained control of the puck, while Kariya still technically had possession of the puck since the pass had not yet completed.

That and Stevens hit Karyia flush against the chest. It wasn't lateral nor from behind, it was dead on, granted Karyia helped make it "better" by pretty much turning INTO the hit.

"He passes the puck and Romer steps up on him," Henrik Sedin said. "It's not like it's the blind side. I think the guy didn't even know he was there. I thought it was a good hit."

This one was from Daniel the other prima donna

"You try to be supportive. That's the only thing. We disagree with the decision. We thought it was a clean hit, but we can't do anything about it."

WHAT A JOKE! Coming from the wuss that dives everytime he has been breathed upon this series! Didnt someone earl;ier on in this thread say the Sedins didnt condone that hit???

Sounds like they were fine with it. The Coach was yappin about how it was not suspension worthy either???

Boy I wonder if the Coach or either Sedin would be saying the same things if it was one of the Sedins that was sent to the hospital by the hit????

I have lost so much respect for that team it isnt even funny ...

Edited by PaDevsFan

Guest ThepArsiEhOPe

"He passes the puck and Romer steps up on him," Henrik Sedin said. "It's not like it's the blind side. I think the guy didn't even know he was there. I thought it was a good hit."

WHAT A JOKE! Coming from the wuss that dives everytime he has been breathed upon this series! Didnt someone earl;ier on in this thread say the Sedins didnt condone that hit???

Sounds like they were fine with it. The Coach was yappin about how it was not suspension worthy either???

Boy I wonder if the Coach or either Sedin would be saying the same things if it was one of the Sedins that was sent to the hospital by the hit????

I have lost so much respect for that team it isnt even funny ...

Thomas going to have to make him fly again

Yeah you are right it wasnt bad, all hits to the head are NICE...

Are you gonna say he didnt make a hell of a lot of head contact with that hit???

Most of the contact was shoulder to shoulder. He wasn't targeting the head. If the puck had been there more recently I wouldn't have felt the hit was dirty in any way.

Pa - you're not a Canucks fan are you. You're writing about them like you write about the Flyers. It's all just outta wack a little. The reality is that if you've been a hockey fan over the last 20 years the hit just cannot appear that bad to you -- unless you hate hits. Did you participate in the Chara "accidental" head slam on Pacioretty thread?

Ahh -- yes -- I just checked you did participate and thought the Chara hit was fine just a sad accident.

<_< I think that was a hit to the head a little more than the Rome hit....

you are a Boston fan - confess even. <_<

The hit was a pisser mostly because I thought Horton was going to be the player he's supposed to be ... a little anyhow. I'm nto a fan but I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt because he's always injured -- and now this --- all I can say is it sucks for him, but it's not Rome's lack of dicipline or head hunting that rubbed him out. besides whatshisface... Sss all I can think is Sanguine... :lol: he's better anyhow. Julien was stupid to sit him although I may have missed something I dont follow the team that much. BUT I still think Julien is squelching the kids spirit.

No one knows how to handle spirit in this league...or anywhere for that matter. Except my mom :evil: I wish I could be like that...I'm too cautious I ... :rolleyes: ok I'll stop I'll stop!! bec just got stiches - she put her tooth through her lip! ok ok no more I promise! But If I write it on Facebook everyone comments and stuff.... it's more fun here it all gets ignored and I dont have to deal with any BS :lol::evil:

Edited by Pepperkorn

Most of the contact was shoulder to shoulder. He wasn't targeting the head. If the puck had been there more recently I wouldn't have felt the hit was dirty in any way.

Well watch it again, he also clearly launched himself (LEFT HIS FEET) as he made impact!! That is DIRTY and a charge! The video clearly shows him off of his feet!

Pa - you're not a Canucks fan are you. You're writing about them like you write about the Flyers. It's all just outta wack a little. The reality is that if you've been a hockey fan over the last 20 years the hit just cannot appear that bad to you -- unless you hate hits. Did you participate in the Chara "accidental" head slam on Pacioretty thread?

Ahh -- yes -- I just checked you did participate and thought the Chara hit was fine just a sad accident.

<_< I think that was a hit to the head a little more than the Rome hit....

you are a Boston fan - confess even. <_<

Yes in this series I am a Boston Fan. But I think you know well enough my allegience to the Devils is clear. Chara was not head contact he pushed him into the support where the player hit his head but Chara didnt drive his head into the support. ANds say what you want the Canuck player hit shoulder to chin, and the last time I checked the chin is part of the head.

The Canucks are a bunch of wuss players diving every chance they get (Sedins) And Kessler (whoI did have respect for) first walked away when Thorton challenged him in the Sharks series now he wants to cross check Bergeron at center ice, use his stick all night and when Chara confronts him he skates away like a GIRL!!

Pepper, I love hits, I loved Scott Stevens as a player, I loved the way Daneyko played the game, but this Canucks team has lost all my respect.

IN reality Boston could easily be up 3 - 1 or even have swept this series with the way the Canucks won the first two. Boston is now motivated so I guess I will thank Vancouver for that, and hopefully now goes up there and chases Luongo again!

INSERT you must hate Stevens quote here

see... and that's the thing....

hey PA I was posting above same time as you were posting above.

Rome was on the money there just a step behind -- it happens. Chara took his hand and pushed the guys head into the post - and that's OK, not targetting a guys head :blink: I'm ok with us seeing things differently. I just think if Rome shoudl be held accountable for his stupidity Chara shoudl have tenfold. being so stupid and unaware that you push a guys head into the whatchything is inexcusable. Chara is being given a bye to not knwo where he is on ice nor where he is pushing someone. That is NOT a sorry little accident. It's STUPIDITY at best and I will nto forgive a player that. Rome - nto a stupid hit -- not a stupid set up --- hes just over-eager and didn't get there when he should have.

if it's Rome hits you want gone then it's Stevens hits you want gone. It's just that simple. I'd have no problem if you agreed with that. If you said Stevens hits are a thing of the past and need to be. I'm fine with that. but to say Stevens hits are OK btu the Rome was headhunting... you just CAN'T. the two dont mesh - it's makes no logical sense to say Rome is criminally responsible - meanspirited... and Stevens isn't... you just can't do that. the LEAGUE can because they're idiots and inconsistent. but i prefer not to be.

Edited by Pepperkorn

You must hate the majority of Stevens' hits. LOL

Whatever, the hit was late and head contact. the bottom line is when Lindors got leveled he was CARRYING THE PUCK!!! It is a bit different. He should expect to get hit especially skating with his head down carrying it. Horton had long delivered the pass and was in a more relaxed state and to get blindsided with sholder to chin?? Are you serious comparing that to Stevens??

...did you look at the Kariya hit? seriously -- yeah, I am at least, comparing the two.

Lindros was a clusterfvck of a hit. I would never blame Stevens but man...my problem was that I personally didn't hold Lindros all that responsible for having his head down -- he was fighting for the puck - I understand why he wasn't protecting himself.... but you know... THAT is bad luck - an understandable inability to know what's going on all around him. The guy is human and that was nothing like his historical "duhhh" skating moments when he was hit in the past.

...did you look at the Kariya hit? seriously -- yeah, I am at least, comparing the two.

Lindros was a clusterfvck of a hit. I would never blame Stevens but man...my problem was that I personally didn't hold Lindros all that responsible for having his head down -- he was fighting for the puck - I understand why he wasn't protecting himself.... but you know... THAT is bad luck - an understandable inability to know what's going on all around him. The guy is human and that was nothing like his historical "duhhh" skating moments when he was hit in the past.

Fighting for the puck??? He was skating up ice with it nobody around until Stevens hit him. If he was fighting for the puck with nobody harrassing him then he shouldnt be playing at the NHL level. And they teach kids alot younger than my son to skate with the puck with their head UP! The Boston player had delivered the puck and should not have had to worry about a blind side hit at that point. By the way watch the Stevens hit on Kariya again Pepper, and please tell me where you see him leave his feet, because I just watched it multiple times and for the life of me cant see him "launching himself" at Kariya. He hit him and it may have been late like the boston hit, but no leaving of the feet!

Pa - we're seeing the same things obviously - your interpretation differs from mine.

Naturally I think I'm seeing more clearly because I don't feel any personal investment (beyond feeling that Scott Stevens is the personification of hockey - warts and all. He's hockey perfection).

Vancouver played for sh!t last night and I'd wager they'll curl up and die - and I credit their stepping over the poor sportsmanship line. But the finger biting and the Rome hit were not instances of that - those are the things that are fun about hockey -- I suppose that's why people enjoying the series are pointing them out as weak or lame. No they're what make hockey great. To me whining and poking and getting hurt feelings is what makes the game suck.

Pa - we're seeing the same things obviously - your interpretation differs from mine.

Naturally I think I'm seeing more clearly because I don't feel any personal investment (beyond feeling that Scott Stevens is the personification of hockey - warts and all. He's hockey perfection).

Vancouver played for sh!t last night and I'd wager they'll curl up and die - and I credit their stepping over the poor sportsmanship line. But the finger biting and the Rome hit were not instances of that - those are the things that are fun about hockey -- I suppose that's why people enjoying the series are pointing them out as weak or lame. No they're what make hockey great. To me whining and poking and getting hurt feelings is what makes the game suck.

wait so let me understand this then... so watching the Sedins cry and whine and hold their faces everytime they are breathed upon is what is fun about hockey?? Watching Kessler throw cross checks to a players upper chest and near the face and then WHEN CHALLENGED wuss out is what is fun? Well I guess you are right then we have different interpretations of what is fun about the game. To me I have no problem with stick work hard hits etc, but when you want to play like that then BE A MAN and step up when challenged. Thomas to me is what is FUN about hockey. whacking Burrows after Burrows bumped him was great, then going right after him as well as putting Sedin on his arse! That is HOCKEY!

You knwo and I want to go check but if memory serves Lindros is skating and Neids comes up on him -- he's fvcking around and Pando sneaks and draws his attention them Stevens who's practically right in front of him nails him while he's fvckering around... It's Neids and I think Pando I do not remember for sure - and then as my mom woudl say WAMMO Stevens just nails him and he had no clue the dude right in front of him was going to nail him....

I'm so embarrassed I know these things... but you know they shove those clips down your throat... <_<