Lou: “We will do what is within our rights.. make sure we keep Paris

msweet

http://blogs.northje...we_keep_parise/

(re: Parise)

“We’ll do everything we can, but I’m not concerned about it nor do I think he is concerned,” Lamoriello said. “We both have the right intentions and we have to find a way to get it done.”

------

There has been speculation since last weekend that if Ramsay is cut loose by Winnipeg, he will end up as a candidate for the Devils. It’s definitely possible, but it’s difficult to believe Lamoriello has been waiting for more than two months to hire someone who no one could have known might be available until a few weeks ago.

------

“He’s an offensive defenseman and a right-hand shot and it’s what we needed quite frankly in Albany,” Lamoriello said. “He’s had some experience. He had asked that if there was an opportunity to go somewhere else because it didn’t look like he was going to play at this point (in Minnesota). This is someone we’ve had eyes on before because of his upside. He’s been an all-star in the American Hockey League and that’s the reason for the trade – depth.”

Lamoriello said it was “hard to say” if Noreau was someone who could end up making the NHL squad next season.

“We had (Mark) Fayne 11th on the depth chart this year and he played in the NHL,” Lamoriello said. “This is a minor league trade right now and we’ll see, but he has had experience as far as success. He’s been a quarterback of a power play, so we’ll see.”

-------

Lamoriello said Taormina, who had surgery to repair a badly-sprained left ankle (there were torn ligaments) on Jan. 24, skated regularly after the season was over and is completely healed now.

“He’s 100 percent healthy,” Lamoriello said. “He did skate. There’s no issues.”

Lamoriello said he intends to re-sign Taormina.

“He’ll be here for the summer (prospects) camp,” he said.

-------

Defenseman Bryce Salvador continues to recover from a concussion that kept him out for the entire 2010-11 season. Lamoriello said Salvador is “rehabbing as he was earlier,” but apparently is not 100 percent, yet.

I am very happy to hear that Taormina is going to stick around for a while. I can see him being the next Rafalski.

Parise....that is great to read. I am happy, and really hope that it is meant, that Lou will do everything within his power and rights to keep Parise happy and here in NJ.

I think they should let Paris go. I would prefer to get the rights to Barcelona. They have a pretty good football club. :D

Sorry couldn't resist.

If you let Paris go... I take it !

(and now... Paris will have all the money from some cheick.... )

(you sir, make a huge mistake ! )

(and by letting Paris go... you have let me go... )

(and i have an heart ... you can play with me... )

(so cruel!)

hi ; )

If you let Paris go... I take it !

(and now... Paris will have all the money from some cheick.... )

(you sir, make a huge mistake ! )

(and by letting Paris go... you have let me go... )

(and i have an heart ... you can play with me... )

(so cruel!)

hi ; )

I wouldn't want to let you go so I'll change my mind. Let's keep Paris....and Parise too. B )

You're being sarcastic right? If you read Fire and Ice you'd see that Lou and Zach have opened talks. Filing for arbitration simply buys all parties involved negotiating time until the hearing, as it eliminates offer sheets coming in.

Absolutely not. That has just been my feeling for the past 2-3 years

I simply feel that Zach's desire to win is so strong that he wont be able to stop himself from signing a deal with the team he sees as the one that is closest to a championship, and I just dont think he is going to see NJ as that team.

obviously this next season has to be played, yet I think unless the Devs win at least one round & show strong losing in the 2nd (hopefully 3rd or Final round) he will move on.

So missing the playoffs or losing in the first round seems to me like the catalyst that has him choose another team in July '12.

I simply feel that Zach's desire to win is so strong that he wont be able to stop himself from signing a deal with the team he sees as the one that is closest to a championship

If the Devils get a good, young starting goalie to split with Brodeur... I think we look much stronger long term... and more attractive long term to free agents looking to win.

Bernier is rumored to be available - for a steep price I imagine. But the Devils need to address their goaltending with a strong NHL-ready (at least split) goalie.

They can't afford to address it the same way they did their defense.

I think Parise will sign a long term deal; but won't take much of a hometeam discount unfortunately.

I simply feel that Zach's desire to win is so strong that he wont be able to stop himself from signing a deal with the team he sees as the one that is closest to a championship, and I just dont think he is going to see NJ as that team.

obviously this next season has to be played, yet I think unless the Devs win at least one round & show strong losing in the 2nd (hopefully 3rd or Final round) he will move on.

So missing the playoffs or losing in the first round seems to me like the catalyst that has him choose another team in July '12.

there's not a team out there that can afford parise that's closer to the cup than NJ.

even in next July?

pretty much. Detroit, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Jose? These teams can't afford him.

The teams that could afford him who are possible contenders are LA (definitely) and NYR (possibly). I don't think the Rangers are any closer to a Cup than New Jersey; LA's the only possibility. While everyone swoons over their prospect depth, I'm curious to see how they put together their team this off-season.

pretty much. Detroit, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Jose? These teams can't afford him.

The teams that could afford him who are possible contenders are LA (definitely) and NYR (possibly). I don't think the Rangers are any closer to a Cup than New Jersey; LA's the only possibility. While everyone swoons over their prospect depth, I'm curious to see how they put together their team this off-season.

Agreed, I'd say San Jose has potential to be a threat, but as the Canucks' eulogy said, they're insistent upon throwing the same top 9 forwards out there year after year and expecting the same results.

LA, on the other hand, is a HUGE threat if we don't lock Zach up. Let's say you put him on the left side of a Brown-Kopitar combo... yikes...

Agreed, I'd say San Jose has potential to be a threat, but as the Canucks' eulogy said, they're insistent upon throwing the same top 9 forwards out there year after year and expecting the same results.

San Jose is unbelievably top heavy and they don't have any more setoguchis or coutures coming up through the ranks to provide cheap help in the top 9. They won't be able to afford him without trading Marleau or Heatley, both of which seem rather unlikely to me.

If the Devils had kept floundering in the second half I would agree, but one of the best things about the second half is it gave him a lot of evidence the Devils could still compete for a championship, with getting 59 points in the second half without him and the young players contributing.

If he doesn't re-sign it won't be because the Devils can't win.

LA, on the other hand, is a HUGE threat if we don't lock Zach up. Let's say you put him on the left side of a Brown-Kopitar combo... yikes...

By the same token they tried to nickel and dime Kovy last offseason, will they all of a sudden throw the bank at Zach next offseason?

Edited by NJDevs4978

by that logic going into last year Boston wasn't near a cup win either. I know they got out of the first round, but I thought they underachieved the last few years.

Just like all the Julien love now. He's won a cup and nothing will take that away, but I didn't hear how Lou was wrong after Boston blew a 3-0 series lead.