Trade rumor: Brent Burns for Rolston/Zubrus?

soulartist23

Apparently there have been whispers about the Wild and the Devils talking. Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere on here or if there's a seperate thread for trade rumors, so figured I'd post here. If we could actually land Burns for Rolston... well needless to say I have a feeling something, a prospect or a draft pick (or both) will be included with Rolston if he's sent to the Wild for Burns. Same with Zubrus.

I believe Burns is on the last year of his deal (correct me if I'm wrong), as is Rolston, so maybe it makes a little sense. Especially seeing that Rolston can indeed produce with the right players.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/124167893.html

the rumor doesn't say that rolston or zubrus would be traded for burns. it says the wild have talked to NJ about burns, and that NJ wants to trade rolston or zubrus. i think one of them would have to be involved, though, but the deal would be much more complicated.

something like:

burns + 10th overall pick for

rolston + 4th overall pick + urbom

Edited by Triumph

the rumor doesn't say that rolston or zubrus would be traded for burns. it says the wild have talked to NJ about burns, and that NJ wants to trade rolston or zubrus. i think one of them would have to be involved, though, but the deal would be much more complicated.

something like:

*shrug* If Rolston and Zubrus was mentioned as being shopped, then chances are that it's those two Lou is trying to use in a potential trade, which is why I said what I said. You're probably right though.

As far as trading the 4th overall pick, I don't think it's gonna happen, in my opinion. Not for a guy who could possibly walk when he becomes unrestricted. If we'd be packaging a pick, I'd think it'd be a a second rounder along with a prospect. Hope it's not Urbom though. (I think when he develops more he's gonna be awesome)

We have a full line of defense men with Fayne and Taormina for this season.

With 17 goals and 29 Assists (Brent Burns) and our PP languishing at the 28th position this year aaaaaand Greene probably leaving I think that trading for Burns is not going to hurt Taormina or Fayne or the Devils.

Edited by SS-SS

Rolston going back to Minny ? I'd hate to see that 4th pick go away, but moving Rolston for Brent Burns and possibly exchanging for their 10th wouldn't be bad at all.

We could get Zibanejad at 10 probably which is a mini version of Landeskog... to get rid of Rolston... get a good PMD and get that guy... i'd do it

We have a full line of defense men with Fayne and Taormina for this season.

A full line of 2cnd 3rd pair aging veterans and green rookies.

For the life of me I don't understand why folks are willing to be the farm on Tao when he's barely played a full season, for all we know he could be Andy Greene 2.0 (c. 09-10) - good for a stretch and then burns out.

Burns has had his concussion issues, and I would be wary of trading for him if it also doesn't involve sending out one of our inflated contracts. He's going to want to get paid in a year as well.

4th overall is off the table I think.

something like:

i would be conflicted about this - seems like short term play; with the cap where it is, the devils don't NEED to dump rolston and the chance that they have something great at 4 is so great.

but i do like brent burns. i think i'd want a window to try and get an extension signed. but he's gonna get 5/25 at least next year for sure (unless he totally sucks this year which is unlikely).

A full line of 2cnd 3rd pair aging veterans and green rookies.

For the life of me I don't understand why folks are willing to be the farm on Tao when he's barely played a full season, for all we know he could be Andy Greene 2.0 (c. 09-10) - good for a stretch and then burns out.

must everything be compared to andy greene? taormina isn't like andy greene at all.

must everything be compared to andy greene? taormina isn't like andy greene at all.

Relax. I was just making an argument for consistency using our ONLY other offensive-minded defenseman as example in response to the post that we have "Fayne and Tao".

Some folks here were ready to anoint AG as an All Star and the next #1a based on that 2 months or so - now few want to give him more than $2M for what he brings.

Tao has shown flashes - but has yet to prove really anything over the long term yet - and the idea of not investigating trade options for D because we have "Fayne and Tao" is a big mistake in my opinion.

What made Seidenberg so great this year? Simple - Chara?

We need two rocks on the blue line. We have one in AV, I'm willing to wait for a REAL #1 if we have to.

greene isn't really offensive minded, though. he's an average passer and he doesn't really shoot the puck much - probably below average in that regard. put another way, based on tallinder and greene's career numbers to date, we would expect greene to get 5 more points over the whole season.

both taormina and fayne have shown signs that they should be able to beat his offensive marks.

greene isn't really offensive minded, though. he's an average passer and he doesn't really shoot the puck much - probably below average in that regard. put another way, based on tallinder and greene's career numbers to date, we would expect greene to get 5 more points over the whole season.

both taormina and fayne have shown signs that they should be able to beat his offensive marks.

OK - but would you BET on this - or examine all the options out in the league available through trade.

I think talking to MIN is certainly worth the time and effort.

Yeah I'd rather not move out of the top 5, even if Rolston or Zubs can be unloaded.

Even for Brent Burns, who I'm actually a fan of

Edit:

I would, however, be interested in a deal involving ATL/WIN. Something around swapping picks and acquiring Bogosian. Think that's already been discussed here before though

Edited by Devilsfan118

I'm gonna be really, really disappointed if the Devils trade their number 4 pick for someone like Brent Burns.

I agree. Burns is a decent defenseman but not worth a #4 pick. Not unless its part of a good package

Why on earth would they trade Bogosian? *swapping* picks and adding Bogosian? C'mon, man. This ain't NHL11.

:lol: No no, obviously we'd have to add. A mere swapping of picks wouldn't justify the return of a blue-chip prospect, I just hadn't put too much thought into the matter in terms of who we'd have to send the other way