Trade rumor: Brent Burns for Rolston/Zubrus?

soulartist23

OK - but would you BET on this - or examine all the options out in the league available through trade.

I think talking to MIN is certainly worth the time and effort.

I would bet on either Fayne or Taormina, averaging 1 minute of power play time, will have more points than Greene's career average.

I agree that exploring options is a good idea, especially with the cap this high.

I'm gonna be really, really disappointed if the Devils trade their number 4 pick for someone like Brent Burns.

they would never do that.

I want Burns simply so we can go "BOOOOOurns"

But seriously, TG has suggested multiple times the Devils love Zibanejad, and if they feel he's the best prospect for the team and that he could fall to number ten, getting rid of Rolston's cap hit and acquiring Burns would be a pretty solid move.

Tao can take over when Burns gets hurt again.

Devils need defense and potentially unloading Rolston and Zubrus will help the cap space.

It should be an interesting few days of pre-draft rumors.

WAIT!

This is the bigger news!!! Manta actually made a post without sh*tting all over the Devils!

I want Burns simply so we can go "BOOOOOurns"

But seriously, TG has suggested multiple times the Devils love Zibanejad, and if they feel he's the best prospect for the team and that he could fall to number ten, getting rid of Rolston's cap hit and acquiring Burns would be a pretty solid move.

The problem is that trading down 6 spots and hoping Zibanejad is still there is very risky.

the rumor doesn't say that rolston or zubrus would be traded for burns. it says the wild have talked to NJ about burns, and that NJ wants to trade rolston or zubrus. i think one of them would have to be involved, though, but the deal would be much more complicated.

something like:

burns + 10th overall pick for

rolston + 4th overall pick + urbom

I'd sign up for that.

With the cap increase, getting rid of Rolston's contract to fit in Parise isn't necessary (if it even ever was). As much as Burns would be a welcomed addition to our blueline, I really don't want to give up the #4 pick.

Agree. I'd love Brent Burns on this team, and I would give up alot for him. Hes one of the top offensive defensemen in the league. However, i would not want to part with that #4 pick at all.

if we'd be 100% sure to get Zibanejad at 10 + get rid of Rolston for Burns

if i would be the one making the final decision id be scratching my head for awhile but i'd take it, considering we have bunch of money coming off the book in 2012 so we could resign Burns no problem

Another rumor going around is Burns to the Lightning for Ryan Malone. Dunno what else, only briefly read it on twittah.

Ryan Malone was arguably the best forward on Tampa during the playoffs. Makes NO SENSE to deal him and then trade for Burns.

I think the bigger news is your actually paying attention to what is said.

:lol:

Gottem

if we'd be 100% sure to get Zibanejad at 10 + get rid of Rolston for Burns

No real way to be sure though...would obviously have to deal the 4th and then hope for the best for the next 5 picks.

Ryan Malone was arguably the best forward on Tampa during the playoffs. Makes NO SENSE to deal him and then trade for Burns.

I didn't think he was that good. He took a lot of dumb penalties, also his contract is pretty bad.

Though he also has a NMC apparently, and I don't think he'd waive it to go to Minnesota.

I didn't think he was that good. He took a lot of dumb penalties, also his contract is pretty bad.

Though he also has a NMC apparently, and I don't think he'd waive it to go to Minnesota.

He hit everyone in sight and gave Thomas headaches in the crease (probably the only player to bother Thomas in the playoffs). Maybe he was a little overaggressive, but Boston didn't know what to do with him and he has such a strong will to win. I don't think he would waive it either and I think he is one of the leaders in that dressing room.

Another rumor going around is Burns to the Lightning for Ryan Malone. Dunno what else, only briefly read it on twittah.

this is classic. malone played for pittsburgh when fletcher was the A GM there, so obviously he loves malone and will make a horrible trade to get him back.

a lot more would have to come from tampa to make that deal work, as malone's is a negative value contract.

Yeah -- Malone's contract is another one of those "buyer beware: i just won a stanley cup so I look a lot more enticing to other teams". No way he deserves that money. He's a sick gritty forward with skills, but he's getting paid bonifide top 6 money.

Malone never won a cup. He went to the Lightning after 07-08. Relevant enough for ya?

scary stat. since we have had zuby. he has scored 51 goals.

Scary? No, this is exactly what I expected from him. People here thought he would put up Gomez like numbers when we signed him, but again that was just unrealistic. He is a hard nosed player, but doesn't have the scoring touch he was tauted to have.

Scary? No, this is exactly what I expected from him. People here thought he would put up Gomez like numbers when we signed him, but again that was just unrealistic. He is a hard nosed player, but doesn't have the scoring touch he was tauted to have.

Well if it helps any he has put up Gomez numbers, post-Devils Gomez numbers.