Danton

CaptainScotty

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frost warned of Danton's anger.

"He's the same off the ice as he is on the ice. You can't have one without the other and he doesn't understand why they'd do this," Frost said. "He just wants to play.

I was wondering how long it would be before we saw "the other side" of Danton...didn't take long at all. :rolleyes:

Though I must say I don't blame him for being ticked at being benched (I'm extremely puzzled at it myself), he can't overreact like this. Lou's not gonna tolerate this nonsense even as well as he's played. He traded away far more talented players this offseason for being high-maintenance so unless Danton still wants to get out of town he'd better shut his trap. More talented players than he have been healthy scratches, so Danton's got to get off this atitude that every little thing that goes wrong, the world's automatically against him.

This is stupid, there's no reason for the Devils to lose a player like Danton and it just sucks. This is everybody's fault

Devils - Sit Danton when The Canes are in town, are they out of their fing minds? What the h3ll are they thinking? If you want to give Guolla a look so bad sit Danton against Nashville, or Atlanta. Jeez, sometimes I really don't get this team. Or sit Pandolfo, or Niewendyk for crying out loud, what have they done?

Danton - Shut your f|_|cking mouth and prove it on the ice @sswipe. How does mouthing off help anything?

I think Danton's gone, Lou's just trying to figure out what to do with him. Now we're going to lose a good player for nothing, because I don't think this guy has any trade value. This suks

I have not had a chance to see him play but I must admit the story in the Ledger is disturbing. I think he should be traded. The Devils don't need a headcase like this disrupting the locker room. We have seen what can happen to this team when the locker room has a cancer. Cut your losses and send him packing. Good bye and good riddance. :angry:

It had nothing to do with it being against the Canes. Danton would've been angry either way.

Christ, Elias and Sykora were healthy scratches against Ottawa in 98, when Oliwa and Daniels were playing. Never heard a bad word from them, and they're usually pretty honest with the media..

Give Danton one more chance, but seriously, it's one game, and Guolla has to get some ice sometime.. Danton's the only rookie forward, so he sits.

If he thinks he is gonna play 82 games he is on drugs...rotation is part of the game...a team cannot play all 23 in a game...he better get used to it whether here, in Albany or any place for that matter...I doubt Dano, who has a lot more seniority said anything...if Danton cannot understand rotation then maybe he will get the picture when he is shipped to some Siberian like environment and told to sit there and rotate to generate enough heat to maintain 98.6 degrees :angry:

if you saw the same game i saw, you'd know that this was not the game that we needed him the most. there was alot of gritty play and danton would have without a doubt taken a bad penalty or done something else to make a fool out of himself.

Yeah, it's a good thing we had responsable players in there. Otherwise we might've taken a lot of penalties. Come on, what did Guolla do? Danton's line always seems to fire the team up.

Yeah, it's a good thing we had responsable players in there. Otherwise we might've taken a lot of penalties. Come on, what did Guolla do? Danton's line always seems to fire the team up.

if by "firing the team up" you meant ejected with a game misconduct in the first period, yes Danton would've had that effect.

the devils had an equally good chance to win the game with or without Danton. Mike Danton not in the lineup will not make or break the Devils.

I haven't seen any of the 3 games, and I've heard about 3 periods on the radio..

I go mostly by the consensus around here in regards to how people are playing. Danton has played well, according to most of you.

But, unless a rookie is tearing it up like Ilya Kovalchuk, he will be the first one to sit.

I submit to you again Elias and Morrison taking turns sitting out in the playoffs in 98, for Krys Oliwa.

I prefer to look at how hockey teams are actually run, rather than "Let's scratch Nieuwendyk" type ideas. It's clear you're a fan of Danton, but unless he's playing superb hockey he's not going to play every night. If he can't live with that, it's time for him to go.

I don't think anyone could honestly say that they like being benched. I hate being benched, so I can understand what he's saying in that aspect. But just shut your mouth and take it on the chin like a man. Look at Elias, he had a sh*t pay for a while and hated it but he kept his mouth shut about it. Should we trade him? No not at all! I think he's a good player he adds alot to the team. He worked his @ss off to get on the team and he goes after any opposing player to get under their skin. With only 2 minutes in the box this season, can't argue with that. Remember Holik($ellout! :angry: ) had a big mouth too but he also contributed alot to the team. And its only 4 games into the season, so give him a chance.

3-0 with Danton

0-1 without Danton

How do you know he would've gotten a game misconduct? He's got all of 2 PIM this year! Danton has been excellent about playing his game and staying out of the box this year.

Uhm you must not know Punkass too well :P Last night was exactly the kind of game where he'd have probably gotten tossed out like Gomer!!

And the fact he's already bitching after being scratched one game proves he hasn't matured nearly as much as he needs to. Lou won't tolerate his bellyaching long.

Remember Holik($ellout! :angry: ) had a big mouth too but he also contributed alot to the team.

Yep, but that was the main thing that I had a problem with when it came to A$$holik. His big mouth and self-serving attitude. And frankly, JefferDantonPunkass cannot contribute to the team as much as A$$holik did so it's even less tolerable when he opens his yap.

he's upset about ONE GAME?

jesus christ!

i wish players were more like gionta... almost everything he says is, "whatever's best for the team."

do you want to play tonight?

"whatever's best for the team."

how do you try to play?

do you like to score, assist, or defend?

that's a TEAM attitude... something danton doesn't have. if he can't get it, i don't think he has a place on our team.

Knock Danton all you want for his nastyness, and openness, but the man throws his heart out on the ice.

If you want to get rid of Danton, make sure that Pandolfo, Mackenzie and Guolla follow suit, because those three make us look terrible.

Pandolfo on the power play? Are you Kidding Me?

That says it all about our offense!!!

What I don't understand is why he had to go to the press (through his agent). He probably doesn't understand why he was scratched - so go to the coaching staff & ask. If they aren't communicating well, tell them. Don't go to the press.