Danton

CaptainScotty

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, SBT, it looks like the coaching staff tried to talk to him, he just wasn't happy with the explanation. I'm thinking his grace period is up - we all wondered what would happen when things didn't go his way, now we're sure.

Ahhh, Guolla was horrible, I must stress that!!

He has average skating ability, poor instincts, and worst of all did not seem to understand Carolina's trapping system.

Trust Me, I watched him lose the puck almost every time.

He is bad, just goes to show you training camp is almost always a fluke with guys like him.

I agree with coldply123. What was Pandolfo doing on the power play? I much rather have Danton playing last night. For all of Danton's headaches, I don't see Lou trading him. He is the type of player that the Devils need to have to suceed this year. Only if everyone on the team plays with much heart as him, then this team won't have any problems.

He does need to control his anger. He also needs to learn not to talk to the press about his problems. What's wrong with talking to the coach to settle his differences?!

I don't think anyone could honestly say that they like being benched. I hate being benched, so I can understand what he's saying in that aspect

Benched denotes, to me at least, action taken as a result of negative behavior ala screwing up and being punished or made an example of...Danton was not benched as he did nothing wrong...being sat out to rotate the 3 extra players is not negative...it is a fact of hockey life...Danton sat out...I see benched more like when Robinson would take a player who screwed up and make him sit at the end of the bench and watch the rest of the game...now that is being benched :o

I think Danton handled it terribly. I respect that he was mad and wanted to contribute and help the team, but if he is benched he should just shut-up and take it like a rookie.

He barely made the last cut and hasn't earned the right to question authority of the coaching staff.

The most disturbing thing about the article is his agent sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. Who the @#$% is he? He could end up killing his clients career once he gets his client labeled as "unstable" and a team cancer.

I like him, but he seems to need a babysitter and to hire a more intelligent, less greedy agent.

The little sh!t has to learn to stop banging his fists on the floor of Lou's office and learn what everyone else has said--rotation is part of an 82 game season. Who the hell does he think he is? The roster spot was to rotate Guolla and PunkAssJeffersonDanton. It's early and let Burns see who works well with whom, they all need time to gel. I still think that all of this PR BS he's giving the press is just that, PR cover-up for obviously what the real guy is like.

If the Devs fortunes are soley dependant on the cancerous, petulant Puncass then I'm turning in my season tickets now.

The devs do not need the little sh!thead as much as most of you all, and the press, he and his agent would like to believe.

They don't need fans calling him silly names because that's garbage.

The guy did nothing to be out of the lineup.

His comments weren't appropriate but he sure shouldn't have been scratched.

I wish some fans would stop acting like they know this player because of the crappy articles they read.

For those who think the veterans are gonna stand up and tell Danton some heartfelt stories, you have another thing coming. None of the players like Lamoriello, who Danton has directed both of his comments at. Many of the players dislike Lou for his financial scrutiny and non-marketing approach.

oh please derek. your boy danton has shown himself to be the premiere pain in the ass that we all knew he was. stop blaming burns or lou or anyone else. he'll take the benching and he'll like it.

He doesn't have to like it. But he does have to learn to deal with it like a rational adult, not throw a friggin' temper tantrum every time he doesn't think something is 'fair'.

One of the few intelligent things Jimmy Carter ever said: "Life is not fair." All of us have to learn it - Mike Danton is no exception.

Derek, the guy is a fourth line ROOKIE. It's not like he's the second-coming of Gretzky. This is the fourth game of the season and he was a healthy scratch. He needs to learn how to deal with it. It's part of the game. If he thinks he's playing every game all season long, then he's in for a real rough ride.

As for the comments we make based on what we've read, gee, conversation on this board would be practically non-existent and pretty damn dull if we can't comment on what the media puts out. Why bother printing out papers and having reports and interviews on tv then? And besides, most of us have issues with his OWN actions & OWN statements, not some ficticous crap made up by (N)Єverson and the like. If we can't judge the boy based on his own words & actions, then how are we to do so?

Let me guess, we shouldn't judge right? :rolling:

And one final thing, what is it with your personality that just seems to cause you to become the supposed defender of whomever it is that you feel we, the fans of this board, have unfairly slighted and thus compels you to to preach to us how we should or should not talk about the players on OUR team? I thought your lovefest with Dagenais was annoying, but this is getting to that level quicker. Tell me, is this going to be a trend with you? Don't the rags have something they can keep you entertained with?

Danton should not have been scratched.

The main problem facing the Devils right now is goal scoring and Steve Guolla is not going to remedy that in any shape or form.

With that being said, who the hell does Mike Jefferson/Danton think he is?

Questioning the decision of Pat Burns?

Is he kidding?

Is he on crack?

There's a reason why 1st year players are called rookies and not 1st year players.....

As much as I think the team needs a guy like him, I've had enough. Package him with Zyuzin and/or Albelin and get a scoring forward in here....

Pandolfo on the power play? Are you Kidding Me?

That says it all about our offense!!!

Thank you for saying htis...Ii almost blew my top when IO saw that...Is Burns friggin crazy????

And I'm sorry but danton has to play against the "Canes....sit down some of the opther deadwood. like Pando Turner or Zyuzin!!!

Seriously..we know the catr game is going to be physical so burns rests 2 of our most physical pl.ayuers after a week w/out games??? WHY???

I think we should reserve judgemnt on Burns for a while. Let him execute his "master" plan.

Players sitting out should have been switch form Nashville game to Carolina game.

Did anyone get the feeling Burns was "throwing" Carolina game?

It si a long season and there are lot sof things to be done.

I agree with MSWEET;

Burns had the option to utilize more of a speed line-up vs Nashville (Zyzuin/Guolla).

and match-up a more physical line-up vs the Canes (Dano/Danton).

And why didn't Schwab start either of these games???? Its too early to be wearing down Marty, especially after almost a week off.

I think Schwab would have given the Devils a better chance to win than playing Marty in both games in a back-to-back series.

I know Burns is still tinkering, and I hope he benches Danton in the next game to cool him off.