countdown to the draft

SterioDesign

I really think the Devils trade down and trade the 4th overall with someone for something in the 6 - 10 overall range and a 2nd rounder unless exactly what they want is looking them in the face at the 4 pick.

This wouldn't surprise me at all. Unless Lou and Conte are absolutely in love with someone who'd only be available at 4, having a pick this high is a bargaining chip Lou rarely has. I could totally see Lou trading down once or even multiple times if it meant getting more 2nd and 3rd rounders and still landing a guy Conte feels very highly about.

It would be like 2008 when they started out with the 21st pick, traded down twice and ended up turning that one pick into Tedenby, Burlon and Urbom.

In Lou We Trust.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

This wouldn't surprise me at all. Unless Lou and Conte are absolutely in love with someone who'd only be available at 4, having a pick this high is a bargaining chip Lou rarely has. I could totally see Lou trading down once or even multiple times if it meant getting more 2nd and 3rd rounders and still landing a guy Conte feels very highly about.

It would be like 2008 when they started out with the 21st pick, traded down twice and ended up turning that one pick into Tedenby, Burlon and Urbom.

In Lou We Trust.

I'd be happy with this. It seems like there could be lots of good value in the 8-10 range. Strome, Murphy, Zibanejad, Beaulieu. I'd expect at least 1 or 2 of them to still be around then. Maybe even Hamilton, who knows.

I don't know IF they are contemplating a trade down, but what struck me was TG had mentioned that STROME was the only 1 brought in for a 3rd interview, and the only 1 Lou sat in on!

Take that as you will, but to me that says they really like Strome and either a. making sure if they trade back he's the guy they want OR b. taking him @ 4!

DEVILS FAN FOR LIFE, DEATH TO LEAFS NATION! :horse:

:gd:

ACTUALLY, LL may have been there because he missed his 2nd interview...

AS PER TG.. Of the top prospects that were at today’s media availability (and were known to have second interviews with the Devils after the combine), center Ryan Strome was the only one who said he had another interview scheduled with the Devils tonight. It was to be his third with the team, but first that general manager Lou Lamoriello sat in on. For some reason, Lamoriello was not there for Strome’s second interview (and extra fitness testing) after the draft combine in Toronto.

Edited by Devil in Leaf Nation

I don't know IF they are contemplating a trade down, but what struck me was TG had mentioned that STROME was the only 1 brought in for a 3rd interview, and the only 1 Lou sat in on!

Take that as you will, but to me that says they really like Strome and either a. making sure if they trade back he's the guy they want OR b. taking him @ 4!

ACTUALLY, LL may have been there because he missed his 2nd interview...

AS PER TG.. Of the top prospects that were at today’s media availability (and were known to have second interviews with the Devils after the combine), center Ryan Strome was the only one who said he had another interview scheduled with the Devils tonight. It was to be his third with the team, but first that general manager Lou Lamoriello sat in on. For some reason, Lamoriello was not there for Strome’s second interview (and extra fitness testing) after the draft combine in Toronto.

It wasnt his 3rd interview he was the only one who met lou yesterday cause he didnt get a chance before

Well no matter what happens and who they draft 99% of us will still cheer and support our team.

My personal Top 5 would be...(in no particular order)

1. Larsson
  2. Hamilton
  3. Strome
  4. Beaulieu
  5. Scheifele

Now i don't have RNH, Landeskog or Huberdeau on my list because i believe they are gone Top 3. Also i don't have everyone's other man crush SC as i just don't trust his skating OR his combine results even taking his case of Mono in to account. All the guys i like have some size, skill and 2 way game and all fill a need position with skill. Mind you 3.4.and 5 i would trade back to add something, wouldn't take at 4.

Only because I'm bored, but who would trade the 4th pick to Philly for their 8th pick and Bobrovsky?

I wouldn't. I think LL and Conte are pretty happy with their goal-tending prospects, BUT i do think we may sign a relatively young UFA goalie on the cheap for 1 yr. Someone like Josh Harding or Peter Budaj.

I wouldn't. I think LL and Conte are pretty happy with their goal-tending prospects, BUT i do think we may sign a relatively young UFA goalie on the cheap for 1 yr. Someone like Josh Harding or Peter Budaj.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Hedberg back now that he can't go to Atlanta, which is what he seemed to have his heart set on.

It's going to be Grand Larsson-y, I can feel it!

csi_yeah_skyline_RE_Justin_Bieber_gets_shot-s449x287-138348.jpg

I wouldn't be shocked to see Hedberg back now that he can't go to Atlanta, which is what he seemed to have his heart set on.

That's a definite possibility for sure, i wouldn't be upset with that at all. Just a little part of me would like a younger guy with NHL experience in here. My concern is if Marty was to get injured and miss significant time (30-40 games) would Hedberg be able to carry the load, after all he is 38/39?

csi_yeah_skyline_RE_Justin_Bieber_gets_shot-s449x287-138348.jpg

That's a definite possibility for sure, i wouldn't be upset with that at all. Just a little part of me would like a younger guy with NHL experience in here. My concern is if Marty was to get injured and miss significant time (30-40 games) would Hedberg be able to carry the load, after all he is 38/39?

Very true. I just trust his track record more, I guess, since he had such a good run last year. It would be interesting to see what Harding could do if he got over his injury problems.