All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

DevilinLA

Big deals going on from Philly. Id be interested to see how and when the fans react in that city. I cant imagine they are to happy.

Overall I think it was a smart trade. Flyers got Voracek from CBJ, and Wayne Simmonds and Brayden Schenn from LA. With Number 8 first round, and a third round pick. They also got another pick out of the Richards trade.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting shopping details by the PHI:

@DarrenDreger Darren Dreger

Flyers asked for Kadri and Kulemin from the Leafs for Mike Richards. Toronto said they would consider it, but never heard back from Phi.

Totally different intent in your sentence, Dude.

Thanks Ernie!

Interesting shopping details by the PHI:

@DarrenDreger Darren Dreger

Flyers asked for Kadri and Kulemin from the Leafs for Mike Richards. Toronto said they would consider it, but never heard back from Phi.

LA was clearly the better deal IMHO, especially sending him to the west coast

Here are a few quotes from FlyerFlies.com (Flyers Fan Board)

Only confirmed over radio so far.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ?OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate Paul Holmgren and the Flyers right now. Like genuinely HATE them.

Guess we know who the problem children were, now don't we?
its gonna take some time, 2-3 years to see the true impact of these deals so we just have to be patient and PRAY FOR THE BEST
I hate extremely talented forwards who sometimes put up great regular season numbers yet consistently fail to show up for the playoffs and don't really seem to be bothered one bit when they underperform . I like GM's who move a ton of salary, get 1st and 3rd round picks that the team otherwise wouldn't have had, and grab the best available starting goalie to round out an extremely deep team. Woo hoo!! JVR and Giroux will pick up the scoring that Carter takes with him, this team just got a whole lot better (assuming Bryzgalov signs, which is 99.99999999999999999% likely now).
(About Holmgern)

Not sure if HFBoards is working for anyone else but for me it isnt. Overload over there?

Edited by Quinn01

Oh sweet jesus, from HockeyLiesAndCrap.com [hockeybuzz & Єklund (2.3% accurate)] Parise may be part of a trade with Toronto. :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

I read somewhere that there was a rumor a while ago that Parise was going to go for Rynnas, MacArthur, and D'Amigo. There was also a rumor that Zajac was going to go for Versteeg.

Oh sweet jesus, from HockeyLiesAndCrap.com [hockeybuzz & Єklund (2.3% accurate)] Parise may be part of a trade with Toronto. :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

I like to give credit where credit is due - for as terrible as "you-know-who" is he did nail RICHARDS to LA today, right after Carter when most of the NHL community thought he was crazy!

i need to stop skimming and start paying more attention when i read. i saw that and almost :puke:

i need to stop skimming and start paying more attention when i read. i saw that and almost :puke:

I was skimming twitter and almost did the same until i saw who it was from.

seriously, i think even AFTER we sign Zach, he'll try to say that Parise is unhappy and wants out.

Sometimes its fun to read the "rumors" but this seriously enrages me.

does he not realize the cap went significantly up and we now are sitting pretty to resign?

More interesting developments:

Joe Nieuwendyk asked Brad Richards to waive his no-move clause today. Richards declined.

http://twitter.com/#!/darrendreger

Looks like Richards will take his chances on July 1st, don't blame him.

The rumor seems to be that Burke offered the TOR 2011(?) 2cnd for negotiating rights but it didn't happen.

Edited by DevilinLA

I'm guessing these rumors are Toronto fans' wishful thinking?

Or Єklund (2.3% accurate) trying to pull as many hits as possible from NJ/TOR fans and their surrounding areas [NY Metro/Toronto] to get hits to his site. Dude's good at his job of generating traffic, gotta give Satan his due.

I just posted it up. The Canadiens have not released the financial end of the deal but it is a 3 year contract.

Its being reported by Lebrun now as $5.75M per - no confirmation yet though

Edited by DevilinLA