All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

DevilinLA

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All based on one decent year in a stacked Philly forward group too... risky deal for Buffalo.

Yeah Ville fit in perfectly with the Flyers run and gun, throw-the-puck-at-the-net style but Buffalo doesn't play that way.. He'll spend the next 6 years doing his favorite move of skating up the boards into the zone with the puck, spinning around, and either dishing to the guy cutting or (more commonly) getting stripped or sending it backwards out of the zone

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

WSH picked up a bunch of players now they need to make a trade with only 2million cap-space they haven't signed Brouwer nor Alzner. Maybe Green or Semin?

WSH picked up a bunch of players now they need to make a trade with only 2million cap-space they haven't signed Brouwer nor Alzner. Maybe Green or Semin?

I'd take either, Green and Greene together? LOL Not gonna happen but I can dream. I like the WSH Green alot better.

Edit: Let's swap Greene for Green. Think they'd notice?

Edited by Coorslight

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Hope he isn't talking with NJ

TGfireandice Tom Gulitti

Spoke with Langenbrunner's agent, Steve Bartlett. He said they're "talking to a few teams. I'm not sure whether it will get done today."

http://twitter.com/#!/TGfireandice

Devils have not inquired (in case you wondered), but if Stars're-sign Langenbrunner, Devils get their 2012 2nd-rdr (for NJ's 3rd)

Edited by BelieveinBrodeur

@DarrenDreger

Darren Dreger

Sources say Calgary going in with a big pitch for B.Richards. believe it or not...Flyers in as well. Not sure how. very interesting.

That would be hilarious, to say the least. With the circus PHI has been putting on for the past week, I wouldn't put it past them.

Ledger_NJDevilsRich Chere

Devils GM Lou Lamoriello: "We'll see if a trade can be made. For us to make any addition, we have to make a subtraction."

Translation: Lou overpaid for Greene (and possibly Moose), but like DevilinLA said, he doesn't want anyone to know just how badly he overpaid because it could hurt his trade negotiations.

How much room do we have left to resign Parise and fill any other holes?

Translation: Lou overpaid for Greene (and possibly Moose), but like DevilinLA said, he doesn't want anyone to know just how badly he overpaid because it could hurt his trade negotiations.

How much room do we have left to resign Parise and fill any other holes?

Not necessarily. It could mean that he has a tentative long-term deal in place with Parise, but he doesn't want to complete it until he sheds some cap space. It's pretty obvious he doesn't want to sign Parise, be in cap hell again, and have to go through the start of last season all over again.

Edited by RSC

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Not necessarily. It could mean that he has a tentative long-term deal in place with Parise, but he doesn't want to complete it until he sheds some cap space. It's pretty obvious he doesn't want to sign Parise, be in cap hell again, and have to go through the start of last season all over again.

Maybe that "trade" has Rolston or another player like Clarkson to leave for some more cap-space

Edited by BelieveinBrodeur

Florida is "going nuts" according to everyone's tweets, lol. And Buffalo got a good pick-up with Leino but overpayed due to the market. Hopefully these inflated contracts being signed doesn't mean we gave Greene one as well. I feel Greene could have easily been offered $3.5+ but took less to be here. Hopefully I'm right.