All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

DevilinLA

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leino? I mean Pegula...don't get me wrong..THRILLED that you want to win, spend $ etc...but this signing has me a bit perplexed...some tweeter sin the know have suggested that the Sabres will play Leino at C and if he is a 60 pt center then I guess 4.5M is ok....we shall see...

Confirmed: Sabres are OUT of the brad Richards sweepstakes.

Look for Philly or hopefully the Rangers to overpay for Richards.

Are you kidding? If Flyers somehow signed Stamkos, they likely wouldn't make the playoffs for the better part of a decade.

How do you figure that, their team is freaking loaded and they have more than enough young players that they could withstand losing the first-rounders if they decided to go that route. They'll probably just sign Richards without having to give up the picks though.

Neither do I. I assume its a joke, that would be a ridiculous cap hit. If Calgary signs Richards, expect the Jo-Bo to nj rumors to pick up again. Especially since Lou hinted that he's waiting for other teams to do what they have to do. Calgary would need to move salary as well.

LOU better DAMN well be in on this:

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

Not saying PHX will trade RFA dman Keith Yandle, but my sense is PHX will gauge his trade value as it considers all options (trade or sign).

LOU better DAMN well be in on this:

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

Not saying PHX will trade RFA dman Keith Yandle, but my sense is PHX will gauge his trade value as it considers all options (trade or sign).

Especially since we DO have young defensemen up the wazoo now and can afford to part with one of them at least.

It's baffling to imagine our defense with Yandle, but don't get your hopes up. Also I'm not sure why McKenzie thinks he's on the block. Reports from today seem to indicate Phoenix is set on retaining him:

Phoenix's next priority will be getting All-Star defenseman Keith Yandle under contract, which should be a bit easier after the bargains they were able to get at the opening of free agency.

"I talked to his agent this morning and told him we haven't forgotten about Keith," Maloney said, "Next week we'll go after him and find a way to get a deal done."

(from http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/hockey/article_3fbb041b-0d9d-5288-aa26-b6f54640d8be.html#ixzz1QuSodojh)

Edited by Amberite

DarrenDreger

What many of us feared most. It's starting to sound like there might not be a decision made by Brad Richards tonight.

2 minutes ago

TSNBobMcKenzie

All night long we loosely expected Richards decision would be made tonight. Now hearing it may carry over to tomorrow. Stay tuned.

1 minute ago