All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

DevilinLA

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daly was babbling. They can't retroactively challenge contracts but they sure as hell can block a contract that violates the CBA, as this one does.

I'm still a little hazy on that 50% rule though, don't Erhoff and Richards' contracts also go down more than 50% in a year? What makes Talbot's different?

I'm still a little hazy on that 50% rule though, don't Erhoff and Richards' contracts also go down more than 50% in a year? What makes Talbot's different?

50% of average of first two years. Those are both fine. Richards can move in $6M increments down. That's what makes the deal so ridiculous and filthy.

Ya, I'll guess Talbot goes back to being a free agent but no penalty, or something extremely small, like cash.

I don't know what their posting rate is. Hell, it's possible it got posted. It's a small error, $60K+ or something like that. It's just hilarious because Holmgren is a goof

50% of average of first two years. Those are both fine. Richards can move in $6M increments down. That's what makes the deal so ridiculous and filthy.

I believe it's 50% of the lowest of the first 2 seasons. I'm pretty sure on that but not positive.

I don't know what their posting rate is. Hell, it's possible it got posted. It's a small error, $60K+ or something like that. It's just hilarious because Holmgren is a goof

I don't think the league has posted any contracts that has screwed something like this up. I think there have been 1 or 2 super minor ones like this.

How do the Sharks get Havlat and easily move Heatley, when the Sens got dick all and had the biggest headache with him? Pretty funny.

Cause the Sens made the mistake of trying to move him to Edmonton first :lol:

It really is a shame with Heatley, he seemed like such a nice kid when he was coming up but from afar it just seems as if his personality changed after that terrible night with Dan Snyder. He's become a real diva since the lockout in particular.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Havlat is better on his feet IMO and can help well with the Sharks. Well Heatley gets to be on the same team with Seto at the least -_-

How do the Sharks get Havlat and easily move Heatley, when the Sens got dick all and had the biggest headache with him? Pretty funny.

Reportedly a modified NTC or NMC, he had to submit list of 10 teams he WOULDN'T go to. Evidently the Wild wasn't on there.

Edit: per Dregers' twitter

Edited by CADevilsFan

Seeing all those big trades from Philly and SJ i wonder how far Lou would be willing to go to get us a serious PMD like Doughty or wtv...

Lol...Not going to happen.

Heatley will probably be traded from MIN in no time...He'll throw a little hissy fit when Minnesota can't win their games and be gone at the deadline next year.

**NHL RUMORS**Source:Kaberle looks 2be finalizing decision should be signed within 72hours(Devils / Wings in lead: Isles & Kings also in it)

found it on twitter for incarceratedbob http://twitter.com/#!/incarceratedbob anybody know if this guy is legit?

Isn't he just some random WFAN caller?

Edit: http://sportsblognet.com/2010/10/22/for-those-who-believe-incarcerated-bob-is-a-credible-source/

Edited by RSC

**NHL RUMORS**Source:Kaberle looks 2be finalizing decision should be signed within 72hours(Devils / Wings in lead: Isles & Kings also in it)

found it on twitter for incarceratedbob http://twitter.com/#!/incarceratedbob anybody know if this guy is legit?

He's a dman that can put up the points. Looking at his stats, its rare that he plays a full season. Does anyone know why this is? I know Cam hit him pretty hard and he had some screws knocked loose. Thats the only injury that comes to mind though with him.

**NHL RUMORS**Source:Kaberle looks 2be finalizing decision should be signed within 72hours(Devils / Wings in lead: Isles & Kings also in it)found it on twitter for incarceratedbob http://twitter.com/#!/incarceratedbob anybody know if this guy is legit?

This guys is really legit. I also thought he wasn't legit at first (his name LOL), but I think something like 80 or 85 % (very good percentage) of his calls are spot on and he also seems to be able to call the trades a signing way before everybody else.

While the Devils and Wings have roughly the same amount of cap space left, I don't see us outbidding them if it's going to come down to money. We have to resign Parise and sign Larsson. We pretty much still need to shed salary just to have leg room cap wise without adding someone else. Wings on the other hand, all they really need to do is sign a player who can replace what Ralfalski brought to their team.

Then again, stranger things have happened. I remember Elias was lobbying for Kaberle last year. Maybe he's interested in playing for NJ and there's a verbel agreement in place until Lou can make the moves he needs to add him. Who knows?