All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

DevilinLA

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem with BiB is not with his sloppy English. I have no problem with the posts of foreign posters like SS-SS, caron, Chimaira, etc. My problem is with his insistence on posting so many messages in nearly every thread adding so little content and frequently having lots of spelling/grammatical errors. I understand that some people might not have perfect English, and that's totally fine, as long as they are adding to the conversation and their message is clear. But it seems like half the time BiB makes no effort at all to make his posts make any sense. The fact that he occasionally is now posting with much better spelling/grammar only further leads me to believe that he is just lazy and not legitimately struggling with English.

I apologize if I have offended any foreign posters as that was not my intention. :cheers:

well my post wasn't directly pointing at you really eventhough thats what made me post this but we can certainly all agree that's there's some intense trolling from all kinds going on here lol and this was one of them so...

i mean i know some of that stuff is annoying and all, we all know it, but seriously some people here are way way way too butt tight and are taking this way too seriously, the worst is when some new guy is popping here and he's trying to be a part of it and start a new thread and there was already a similar thread... like i said I KNOW its annoying but jesus christ... people could just politely tell him that there's already a thread about it and that he should check next time or something... but nop... 8 times out of 10 the poor guy is getting RIPPED... not sure they feel like posting at all after that

i mean come on, this is a cool place and we're getting more and more members/new fans and thats what any team want... more fans... more interest... more interaction...

not too sure we're helping if we're sh!tting on every newbies making an error or having some kind of bad start, and im seriously sick of having all those "forum cops" who act like they are the sh!t and own the place... you wouldnt see msweet or any respected poster here act like a jerk like some are, there's no point to make anyone feel like sh!t when they have good intentions.

anyway... thats that... again its not against you im just getting this off my chest

Edited by SterioDesign

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Question about Zach. If i am correct because of the Arbitration we have him for this upcoming season right? If Lou wanted to be dbag(Sorry Lou) could he wait till next off-season to Re-Sign Parise? I ask because we have alot coming off of the books at that time.

well my post wasn't directly pointing at you really eventhough thats what made me post this but we can certainly all agree that's there's some intense trolling from all kinds going on here lol and this was one of them so...

i mean i know some of that stuff is annoying and all, we all know it, but seriously some people here are way way way too butt tight and are taking this way too seriously, the worst is when some new guy is popping here and he's trying to be a part of it and start a new thread and there was already a similar thread... like i said I KNOW its annoying but jesus christ... people could just politely tell him that there's already a thread about it and that he should check next time or something... but nop... 8 times out of 10 the poor guy is getting RIPPED... not sure they feel like posting at all after that

i mean come on, this is a cool place and we're getting more and more members/new fans and thats what any team want... more fans... more interest... more interaction...

not too sure we're helping if we're sh!tting on every newbies making an error or having some kind of bad start, and im seriously sick of having all those "forum cops" who act like they are the sh!t and own the place... you wouldnt see msweet or any respected poster here act like a jerk like some are, there's no point to make anyone feel like sh!t when they have good intentions.

anyway... thats that... again its not against you im just getting this off my chest

I agree with 99% of what is being said here in this "Web Board Etiquette" conversation.

I'd simply point out that this "gentle reminder" regarding thread creation has been done frequently here by many of the kind vets to the same new posters. New posters are the life blood of message boards like this - but its always good to get a feel for a new web community.

Some not only choose to ignore it - but even insist that its not a good way to do things and they can't be bothered to follow the will of the overall board.

I think that attitude might be what has got some folks on a short fuse.

Edited by DevilinLA

Question about Zach. If i am correct because of the Arbitration we have him for this upcoming season right? If Lou wanted to be dbag(Sorry Lou) could he wait till next off-season to Re-Sign Parise? I ask because we have alot coming off of the books at that time.

Yeah but its not that he would just want be an a$$hole and wait till next season it would be because they havent reach an agreement, but we better pray that they do cause Zach could very well decide to test the market cause i remember from one of his interview on TG's blog that he said that if youre UFA, why sign during the season? and that you might as well wait for july 1st and see whats out there...

i really really didnt like reading this coming from Zach... anybody remember from what interview it was from?

Yeah but its not that he would just want be an a$$hole and wait till next season it would be because they havent reach an agreement, but we better pray that they do cause Zach could very well decide to test the market cause i remember from one of his interview on TG's blog that he said that if youre UFA, why sign during the season? and that you might as well wait for july 1st and see whats out there...

i really really didnt like reading this coming from Zach... anybody remember from what interview it was from?

I think you have to realize this:

1.)Lou has a lot of pieces in motion

a.) Parise new contract

b.) Potential Larsson ELC

c.) LTIR Player w/possible retirement - or uncertainty - Salvador

d.) Dead weight or Overpaid Toxic contracts: Rolston/ Zubrus

e.) Coach and Style

2.) He also has needs:

a.) Make the defense more mobile

d.) Not be stuck in cap hell/roster management on day 1

To accommodate all these machinations in the way that best serves the team he is going to restrict details until the best decisions are made in order not to tip his hand relative to cap space or potential trades. He doesn't want anyone to have the advantage in terms of negotiation. I also think Lou i still saavy enough (along with the benefit of cap/floor increase) to make all these multiple tasks work at once and come out ahead.

Again, he's more concerned about solving this complex equation with multiple variables in flux - than putting out a press release of "Parise Re-Signs" (if there is a deal in place) so that some folks on Devils boards throughout the internet can add a new signature to their message board profile or whatever. Patience and not panic is key.

I don't see a knee-jerk reaction yet like a bloated Kaberle signing or some other bad UFA. I'm not thrilled with the Greene contract - but it could be a case of stability on the defense - or at least a tradechip for the future. Better to have the assets than not - and it seems at least moveable unless AG lets the rest of the league know his true inconsistencies. Lets hope he plays fair minutes and looks good. BUT - at least Lou's not REACTING like we've seen before with the Zubrus, Rachunek, Vishy, Oduya - type signings of bad contacts. This gives me hope.

The worst news of the day is that Yandle re-upped with PHX, as a trade for a nice yound player like him with a reasonable contract could have been the key.

There's a lot going on behind the scenes and I'm sure Lou has a macro-plan.

He sees all the pieces of the machine - we don't yet.

Edited by DevilinLA

a.) Parise new contract

e.) Coach and Style

2.) He also has needs:

a.) Make the defense more mobile

d.) Not be stuck in cap hell/roster management on day 1

:blink:

I could so not do Lou's job.

In Lou we trust :koolaid:

Callahan puts in request for arbitration (yesterday obviously) along with Dubinsky.

According to the general rules that have been applied to Parise & (TEAM ELECTED) arbitration, both of those players are clearly unhappy with the organization and will probably demand to be traded. To Toronto.

a.) Parise new contract

e.) Coach and Style

The worst news of the day is that Yandle re-upped with PHX, as a trade for a nice yound player like him with a reasonable contract could have been the key.

the whole post is excellent, but i wanted to add two comments on these points.

the other piece that you left out and is very important is the uncertainty of the sale of gilfilan's share of the team. it is almost certain that a $50-$75MM commitment, no matter how its spaced out, affects the books and value when it comes to the sale. Its considered a liability at that point on the ledger.

also, the yandle contract is actually a good thing as it's not terribly high for someone with the output he put up from defense and keeps the market regulated. frankly, the best news i've heard is that stamkos is looking at somewhere around 5/37 - a 7.5MM cap hit. now parise has more experience and a bit greater track record, and is one year away from UFA but i don't think anyone would argue he's better than steven stamkos. i think that a 10/60 deal or some derivation thereof is very possible for Parise.

also, the yandle contract is actually a good thing as it's not terribly high for someone with the output he put up from defense and keeps the market regulated.

i wonder if yandle passed up on some money so as to make his contract tradeable. either way, it's not a particularly good deal.

frankly, the best news i've heard is that stamkos is looking at somewhere around 5/37 - a 7.5MM cap hit. now parise has more experience and a bit greater track record, and is one year away from UFA but i don't think anyone would argue he's better than steven stamkos. i think that a 10/60 deal or some derivation thereof is very possible for Parise.

stamkos's contract would only take him until he's 26, and stamkos isn't arbitration eligible. his recourse is an offer sheet (unlikely, i don't think there's a team out there that could really just add him for $10m/season), or signing whatever the lightning put in front of him. meanwhile parise can walk on to the free market next year and if he has even a decent year he could get 12/84.

Edited by Triumph