All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

DevilinLA

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DarrenDreger Darren Dreger

1 year for Arnott in St Louis...contract value...just under $3 mil.

Jeremy Rutherford

Both Langenbrunner and Arnott will make $2.5 million with potential bonuses that could add up to $2.8 individually.

just now from TweetDeck

1 minute ago

Blue Jackets Sign Radek Martinek (1 year, 2.2 Million)

Quote:

Dispatch: #CBJ sign veteran D Radek Martinek to a one-year $2.2 million contract.

https://twitter.com/#!/Aportzline/st...79155524313088

Edited by DevilinLA

TGfireandice Tom Gulitti

Columbus has signed former Islander Radek Martinek to a one-year contract.

I remember first seeing Martinek for the first time at a pre-season game in 2001-02 season at CAA against the Isles and saw how much talent he had. I really do think he could/ already be a star if it wasn't for the injuries.

Edited by DevsMan84

$2.5 mil for Arnott? Was John Davidson watching any Devils games last year, or has he been hit with the nostalgia bug, too? I mean, it's a paycut, but...yikes. That's a lot of $ for a guy who'll be their 3rd line center with some 2nd unit PP time.

Arnott I can picture in a Blues jersey, Langenbrunner I cannot.

Circle the calendar date, boys and girls. Thursday February 9th = Langenbrunner's return to The Rock.

Veteran leadership perhaps for John Davidson's Blues? I mean, Davidson respects Lou, and knows how he searches for loyal players with heart. Maybe he followed Lou's lead on this and took a gamble on two proven playoff players in Arnott and Langenbrunner.

On the flipside, Arnie and Langs signed in STL because they are going to this new adventure together. I'll tell you, had Arnie not signed, Langs would have hesitated to go to STL.

Єklund (2.3% accurate)

there are rumors out ther that Lnbrunner may not go through wih St Louis...and could be headed to NJ...

I meant to put a ? at the end of that. There are rumors the Blues deal with Langenbrunner may have fallen through...some NHL issue...

:puke: :puke: :puke:

he BETTER be wrong this time

Edited by SterioDesign

Єklund (2.3% accurate)

there are rumors out ther that Lnbrunner may not go through wih St Louis...and could be headed to NJ...

Dont believe it. I cant see that happening.

Edited by Quinn01

Єklund (2.3% accurate)

I meant to put a ? at the end of that. There are rumors the Blues deal with Langenbrunner may have fallen through...some NHL issue...

:puke: :puke: :puke:

he BETTER be wrong this time

I am still waiting for one of these far-fetched "rumors" he spews actually comes true.

Langenbrunner and Arnott being WAY overpaid by JD and the Blues. $2.8M is too much for two aging players. Was suprised to see both signed with the same team especially Langenbrunner and the past he has had with the Blues GM Armstrong. Langenbrunner was very unhappy with Armstrong after that 02 trade because Armstrong had promised he wouldn't be traded. Now he signed both players that were involved in that trade. Full circle now in St. Louis for Langenbrunner, Arnott and Armstrong.

Glad Arnott and Jamie will get shots with a younger club. Obviously they're not going to be in the finals but they get an opportunity to share their knowledge and help build the organization, and since the cap isn't a problem there they're getting paid pretty well.

Doug Armstrong on the ice time Langenbrunner and Arnott will see:

jprutherford

Armstrong expects Langenbrunner & Arnott to play 14-16 min per game. "Use these players correctly, so they can have energy on ice," he said.

Then when you use them properly, they complain about playing 3rd line minutes.

Convincing top 6 forwards that they're not top 6 forwards anymore isn't easy to do. If so, Brian Rolston wouldn't suck every time he was removed from the top 6.