All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

DevilinLA

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this rumor not just stem from the fact that TG is aware that Therrien has been the only person he knows for sure has had an interview for the position?

With all the trenton stuff going on i cant see anything being anounced untill at least next week.

Єklund (2.3% accurate)

there are rumors out ther that Lnbrunner may not go through wih St Louis...and could be headed to NJ...

I meant to put a ? at the end of that. There are rumors the Blues deal with Langenbrunner may have fallen through...some NHL issue...

:puke: :puke: :puke:

he BETTER be wrong this time

HAHA Strickland tweeted that the delay was Jamie was setting up his fax, not second thoughts. He said that rumor came out of "fantasy land"

i'm starting to get annoyed at the no news days. can we at least get a larrson signing news? throw me a bone dammit.

Same here. Between Parise, the coach, Larsson, 'subtractions', and our other RFA's, it would be nice if SOMETHING would happen. Someone poke Lou with a stick.

Same here. Between Parise, the coach, Larsson, 'subtractions', and our other RFA's, it would be nice if SOMETHING would happen. Someone poke Lou with a stick.

last summer was hell... all we did is wait and wait and wait and wait for kovalchuk to sign... then this horrible season... then a little bit of happyness with Larsson... and now we're back at waiting...

I...HATE...it

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

The Columbus Blue Jackets have traded forward Mike Blunden to the Montreal Canadiens for the rights to restricted free agent forward Ryan Russell.

No one special

Per flyers twitter

NHLFlyers Philadelphia Flyers

Per GM Paul Holmgren, #Flyers have signed RW Wayne Simmonds to a multi-year contract extension.

tpanotchCSN Tim Panaccio

Simmonds: 2 yrs, - $1,750,000 AAV. (vs cap)

also some fun info:

Andy Strickland

Jamie Langenbrunner told me yesterday there was a 2 yr offer on the table from the Blues as well but chose to accept the 1 yr #Blues

Edited by DevilinLA

So apparently the ruling on nashville's RFA's will be decided today...if it determines they weren't filed in time or whatever, would the recently signed contracts (Halischuk, Spaling, O'Reilly, Muelller) be voided?

Actually, these contracts would stand. It's like the Chicago SNAFU a few years ago, where Tallon signed the players to new contracts in place of the qualifying offers, but had to pay them more $ as enticement to stick around in Chicago instead of going UFA.

The one that hasn't been finalized of course is Kostitsyn (sp?)... so if it's found that the QO was not offered in time, he becomes UFA as a 23-year old coming off a 20-goal season.

Kostitsyn would be interesting on the FA market. He does have a attitude problems from the past, but he is young, and separating from his brother seems to have helped him. I am hoping he can continue to progress, because he could be a pretty decent hockey player (he was one of the wingers on the London Knights line with Sam Gagner and Patrick Kane).

Just going to lay out some thoughts even though nothing is set and we may see some signings(free agents, Larsson, Parise) and possible trades that could shake up our top 9.

I'm going to assume Parise is with us next year along with Larsson and Salvador goes onto the LTIR and Clarkson is traded. Rolston being traded is just to unrealistic so I'm assuming a Salvador/Clarkson clearing would be enough for Zach and Larsson.

Parise-Zajac-Tedenby --Although I'd would prefer Zubrus here and I feel he is need with Kovalchuk and Elias. A line with speed and with Zajac feeding Parise/Tedenby. The two most important things with the offense is making sure Parise is with Zajac and Kovy with Elias.

Kovalchuk-Elias-Zubrus --A bigger line to cycle down low. I would hope Elias can find his nitch, his vision should be setting up Kovy plenty. Zubrus only adds size and a work ethic that can only help.

Rolston, Jofeson, Henrique, Palmieri, --Rolston, Jofeson are basically already slotted in but the wing spot is up for grabs at camp.

Pelley-Steckel-Zharkov --Good energy line, at full strength none of these players should be playing higher except Zharkov.

As a whole I feel the biggest problem the offense may face is their overall consistency throughout the year. Come playoffs, assuming we make it, I still feel we aren't deep enough for a deep run. For a deep run one of the biggest things we'll need is another center come deadline time.

Tallinder-Larsson --Again, assuming Larsson makes it. In the future he may eventually pair with Volchenkov but he'll most likely stick with Tallinder in the beginning. I'm hoping Larsson brings much needed mobility to the backend along with a crease clearing presence, but he is only going to be a rookie.

Volchenkov-Greene --I would pair Greene with Volchenkov only because it wouldn't be smart to have to half of our top 4 to be rookies or inexperienced players. Resigning Greene, although slighlty overpaid, brings back our best puck mover :unsure:

White-Fayne/Urbom/Taormina --IMO the final spot is up to the performance in camp. All three seem ready.

Cutoff-Corrente, Fraser --Knowing Lou one if not both will be called up sometime through the year. As a whole the defense seems decent but far from a real contending defense. Again we would need a pickup at the deadline or a free agent pickup(please no one like Skoula or Havelid) to really solidify the defense.

Marty

Moose

Again Parise and Larsson aren't even signed, trades may be pending, and we still are without a coach so this lineup is extremely tentative.

Another slow news day... :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

Plus, apparently google's agreement with twitter expired, so you can no longer search 'real time' results. Makes finding any interesting news that much harder, considering I don't have access to twitter at work. :doh1: