All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

DevilinLA

$4.3M Cap hit for Cally

Ryan Callahan contract: 3 years, $12.875 million. 2 years of $4 million, last year is $4.875 million.

Ryan Callahan contract: 3 years, $12.875 million. 2 years of $4 million, last year is $4.875 million. Story. http://t.co/CPN8T91

— Kevin Allen (@ByKevinAllen)

July 27, 2011

CAP HIT IS 4.2916 mil./yr

Edited by DevilinLA

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$4.3M Cap hit for Cally

Ryan Callahan contract: 3 years, $12.875 million. 2 years of $4 million, last year is $4.875 million.

Ryan Callahan contract: 3 years, $12.875 million. 2 years of $4 million, last year is $4.875 million. Story. http://t.co/CPN8T91

— Kevin Allen (@ByKevinAllen)

July 27, 2011

CAP HIT IS 4.2916 mil./yr

I respect the heck out of Callahan and I realize he will be their Captain, but $4.85 in the last year?

because their defense is a bunch of kids who are playing great but not yet commanding big money. pretty simple, really.

Ah...right you are.

Wow, it's almost sickening looking at the Devils' roster. So much wasted money among the forwards and D.

And thank the Lord Teddy & Josefson are still on their ELC's or we'd be so royally fvcked right now

because their defense is a bunch of kids who are playing great but not yet commanding big money. pretty simple, really.

That, and they managed to find a sucker to take Gomez, erase Redden's money, buy out Drury and get Sather buddy Maloney to take Roszival off their hands.

Even with that, they're still basically capped out now.

Edited by NJDevs4978

To Do List

1. Sign Zach Parise

goo

Actual To Do List

1. paint offices

2. watch TV

3. replace Doc

4. Sign another goon

5. call Zach's agent, ask how his day was, hang up

6. invite someone to camp who has no place on the team (Mair, Peters, etc)

7. sign someone no one's ever heard of from Providence

8. call Zach's agent, ask if his refrigerator is running

9. learn Swedish so we know what they hell those guys keep saying

10. tape Glen Sather picture to dart board.

11. call Zach's agent, suggest it's time to work out a deal, pretend there's static, hang up

12. prepare arbitration notes for Parise hearing

13. sign Mark Fraser again, because it's fun and easy

14. ask Marty what French Canadian's should be added to the team

15. place call with Pascal Rheaume, whoever the hell that is

16. call Zach's agent while in parking lot outside of his arbitration hearing and hammer out a deal 5 minutes before the hearing starts.

Purcell agreed to a two-year with Tampa, $4.725 million contract. He'll make $2.35 million in 2011-12 and $2.375 million in 2012-13.

Korpokoski signed a two-year with Phoenix, $3.6 million deal. He'll get annual salaries of $1.75 million and $1.85 million.

Blackhawks officially cut ties with Campoli

Mike Danton to Sweden, first professional contract in 8 years.

I wish him the best and hope this can be another stepping stone into him putting his life back together. Its easy to hate the guy for his crime but after reading about what his home life was like growing up, then all the sh!t he went through under Frost, its no wonder he got so messed up. I know he went back to school and was earning solid grades so its nice to see him making the most of his second chance.

Since this is kind of the generic offseason thread, I thought some people would feel better about this comment from TG:

Vanderbeek has the money to buy out Chambers/Gilfillan.

It’s more a question of them settling on a fair price for Chambers/Gilfillan’s share, which they haven’t been able to do yet.

I think the most likely scenario is that Vanderbeek will buy them out.

Posted by Tom Gulitti on 07/28 at 05:43 PM

Since this is kind of the generic offseason thread, I thought some people would feel better about this comment from TG:

i can ASSURE you, Vanderbeek does not have the money - he is looking for investors to either buy gilfilan/chambers out or float him a loan to do that (as well as pay off the $80mm coming due on 9/1)

i can ASSURE you, Vanderbeek does not have the money - he is looking for investors to either buy gilfilan/chambers out or float him a loan to do that (as well as pay off the $80mm coming due on 9/1)

I didn't take TG to mean Vanderbeek had 100 million or whatever in the bank. Just that VBK does have access to acquire those funds, I would assume via loan or new investor, for it. This would be for the people who think the whole team is going to have to be sold due to Gillifigan getting out.

I grew up in an abusive household. To me, as an adult you should know better then to try to hire someone to kill someone else.

He should be seeking psychiatric help if need be.

I forgot which Canadian news outlet did a special on him that was posted a few months back here but it seems he has gone through treatment, the legal process, and school and is trying to move on with his life in a positive direction. Watching the video he definitely seemed like a solid individual who is making the most of his second chance.

I forgot which Canadian news outlet did a special on him that was posted a few months back here but it seems he has gone through treatment, the legal process, and school and is trying to move on with his life in a positive direction. Watching the video he definitely seemed like a solid individual who is making the most of his second chance.

As long as he is trying to change his ways. He did his time, Ill give him that and if he truly is trying then I wish him the best.