All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

DevilinLA

I didn't take TG to mean Vanderbeek had 100 million or whatever in the bank. Just that VBK does have access to acquire those funds, I would assume via loan or new investor, for it. This would be for the people who think the whole team is going to have to be sold due to Gillifigan getting out.

Exactly my take. TG must have heard something -- This is progress report - if it was just a random "VdB has the money" claim he would have posted it long ago.

I'm going to go play Summer picnic angry birds.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Parise signing this 1 yr deal this year will prove to more of a ride than last year perhaps. Nobody knows if Parise really does want out but if so you can't blame him for everything. The Devils have yet to have a deep run since the lockout and the coaching instability hasn't helped. Maybe Lou didn't want to commit until he was sure Parise could match a deal with his production numbers since his injury or maybe Parise is playing hardball and Lou doesn't want to spend so much. Regardless I expect Parise to be at his best this year(to his abilities). If he does want out then he still will be playing to his best and will offer a lot to the Devils this year. All these predictions are pretty much useless since no one knows Zach's true opinion but their is no question that this year could change the course of this franchise. We need a successful year to show Parise this team has a future and is a legit contender. This year is exciting and looks promising but also has the potiental to be devastating if we do poor and Parise does leave.

2011-12 Devils with Parise signing an extension, no Salvador, Larsson

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Zubrus

Parise-Jofeson-Palmieri

Tedenby-Elias-Clarkson

Boulton-Steckel-Hunter

Zharkov, Pelley

Volchenkov-Greene

Tallinder-Larrson

White-Taormina

Fayne

Fraser

No Larsson

Volchenkov-Greene

Tallinder-Fayne

White-Taormina

Fraser

No Larsson, Salvador

Volchenkov-Greene

Tallinder-Fayne

White/Salvador-Taormina

Fraser

If Lou doesn't have a deal by mid season I am all for trading Parise even if were in playoff position. The need for another center and a top 2/4 defensemen is still very much there. Just some thoughts

http://www.tio.ch/aa_pagine_comuni/articolo_interna.asp?idarticolo=643527&idsezione=7&idsito=103&idtipo=437

From google translate:

The other good news, in the air for days, the assignment is that of defender of Canadian Noreu Maxim (24 years) to recover its Valasco former coach Kevin Constantine.

Maxim Noreau is going to play for Ambrì-Piotta in Switzerland. Devils still hold onto his rights. He really could've helped Albany's blue line and been nice for depth.

Maxim Noreau is going to play for Ambrì-Piotta in Switzerland. Devils still hold onto his rights. He really could've helped Albany's blue line and been nice for depth.

eh, while i think he certainly would've helped, i think the moves the devils have made since acquiring him have marginalized him. the organization still has 17 defensemen signed for next season, 16 if you don't count salvador.

Paying big-time for potential, holy hell. That cap hit puts him in the top-10 for defenders.

10. Burns

9. Seabrook

8. Lidstrom

7. Timmonen

6. Redden

5. Phaneuf

4. Boyle

3. Bouwmeester

2. Chara

1. Campbell

Not exactly a "who's who" among NHL defensemen. You see a handful of guys on there who have earned the paycheck, a number of them who really haven't, and some who were paid on potential like Burns.

It's definitely a gamble, but Boyle's getting older. If Burns is the real deal and stays healthy, he and Demers can QB their PP for years.

Edited by insanity_gallops

Offseason review via emoticons

signed-eric boulton :noclue: , cam janssen :boogie: , stephan vellieux :thumbsup: ,adam larsson to an extremely cap friendly contract :)

drafted-adam larsson :) , a couple of nice late picks :)

resigned-zach parise -_- , mark fraser :( ,andy greene :) ,johan hedberg :moose:

traded-brian rolston :hi:

recieved-trent hunter :mellow:

boughtout-colin white :huh: , trent hunter -_-

Only spots I was really disappointed with were the not being able to lockup Parise longterm, buying out White, and buying out Hunter when we just could of sent him to the minors to cover his cap hit. Maybe Lou overpaid for Greene but it was all made up with the amazing Larsson contract and Rolston trade.

Two things this summer are really leading people to believe Lou is doing a bad job when he has had a pretty good offseason. Sure he didn't sign any big name free agents but he plugged some holes up on defense, drafted a future star on defense, got rid of a bloated contract, added some much needed toughness, and resigned a very reliable backup.

Edited by Mayday

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

signed-eric boulton :noclue: , cam janssen :boogie: , stephan vellieux :thumbsup: ,adam larsson to an extremely cap friendly contract :)

resigned-zach parise -_- , mark fraser :( ,andy greene :) ,johan hedberg :moose:

Only spots I was really disappointed with were the not being able to lockup Parise longterm, buying out White, and buying out Hunter when we just could of sent him to the minors to cover his cap hit. Maybe Lou overpaid for Greene but it was all made up with the amazing Larsson contract and Rolston trade.

Two things this summer are really leading people to believe Lou is doing a bad job when he has had a pretty good offseason. Sure he didn't sign any big name free agents but he plugged some holes up on defense, drafted a future star on defense, got rid of a bloated contract, added some much needed toughness, and resigned a very reliable backup.

Reliable back-up same age as our legendary starter -_-.They'll leave at the same time? Leaving us needing 2 spots to fill in goaltending.

I don't necessarily think we'll be on the list of restricted teams. Plus NSH owes us. We gave them Halischuk who scored two OT goals in the PO

If they still have their restricted payroll im pretty sure the preds knows that they wont be able to keep weber, sutter and rinne... So they might as well try to get picks, prospects or a solid packages for one of them. So Whenever one of those 3 can be moved i think lou should go all out on him, thats its rinne, weber or sutter... I cant even tell which one id rather have right now lol

:wub: