All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

DevilinLA

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol at nashville for trying to sign Weber for one year at $4.75m....i mean... COME ON !

You go in low in arbitration to keep the cap figure down.

I'm sure Poille had no delusions about it coming ever close to that.

Simple negotiation tactic.

Offseason review via emoticons

signed-eric boulton :noclue: , cam janssen :boogie: , stephan vellieux :thumbsup: ,adam larsson to an extremely cap friendly contract :)

drafted-adam larsson :) , a couple of nice late picks :)

resigned-zach parise -_- , mark fraser :( ,andy greene :) ,johan hedberg :moose:

traded-brian rolston :hi:

recieved-trent hunter :mellow:

boughtout-colin white :huh: , trent hunter -_-

Only spots I was really disappointed with were the not being able to lockup Parise longterm, buying out White, and buying out Hunter when we just could of sent him to the minors to cover his cap hit. Maybe Lou overpaid for Greene but it was all made up with the amazing Larsson contract and Rolston trade.

Two things this summer are really leading people to believe Lou is doing a bad job when he has had a pretty good offseason. Sure he didn't sign any big name free agents but he plugged some holes up on defense, drafted a future star on defense, got rid of a bloated contract, added some much needed toughness, and resigned a very reliable backup.

Wow this is gold man! I just love it

Edited by caron14

You go in low in arbitration to keep the cap figure down.

I'm sure Poille had no delusions about it coming ever close to that.

Simple negotiation tactic.

Exactly. And Weber is doing the same, asking for $8.5, which is way too much. Makes sense that both sides were stretching as far either way as possible and the ruling will land somewhere in the middle.

Seeing the way this has gone though makes me happy that we didn't have to go through this with Parise.

Exactly. And Weber is doing the same, asking for $8.5, which is way too much. Makes sense that both sides were stretching as far either way as possible and the ruling will land somewhere in the middle.

Seeing the way this has gone though makes me happy that we didn't have to go through this with Parise.

i do understand the strategy but you can only piss off the player by lowballing the price like that. I wouldnt be too thrilled to be Sutter and Rinne right now seeing that. Probably that he's trying to keep the cap hit low so he can hope to resign all 3 guys... but im pretty sure Weber is gone sometime in the next 2 years.

i also think 8.5m is crazy... but its fair... its a one year deal, chara is making 8.5 and Erhoff is making 10m this season. a fair "cap hit" for a long term deal for Weber would be from 6.5 to 7 if you ask me

i do understand the strategy but you can only piss off the player by lowballing the price like that. I wouldnt be too thrilled to be Sutter and Rinne right now seeing that. Probably that he's trying to keep the cap hit low so he can hope to resign all 3 guys... but im pretty sure Weber is gone sometime in the next 2 years.

i also think 8.5m is crazy... but its fair... its a one year deal, chara is making 8.5 and Erhoff is making 10m this season. a fair "cap hit" for a long term deal for Weber would be from 6.5 to 7 if you ask me

Do you mean Suter?

lol cmon now... was it really necessary ?

Kind of. I watched a few NSH games last season and I was wondering what was so hot about this Sutter guy. I've never seen him play yet he made an impact.

It's just getting the names right. How would you like it if Believe in Brodeur kept referring to Parise as Parsie?

Kind of. I watched a few NSH games last season and I was wondering what was so hot about this Sutter guy. I've never seen him play yet he made an impact.

It's just getting the names right. How would you like it if Believe in Brodeur kept referring to Parise as Parsie?

lol yeah but i do know its Suter i just didnt paid attention im working on something, could have been ssuter, suuter, sutter or suterr haha But wtv if youre happy then im happy :cheers:

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Mistake NSH made was losing Ward IMO. They need Weber but other big names like Rhinne, Suter and Legwand. Hard to keep all of them I would think.

White signs with San Jose for 1yr, 1mm... damn low.

I think he's worth more than that... I guess timing being let go August 2nd, rather than being there for July 1?

Or do you think he took a discount to play with the Sharks?

White signs with San Jose for 1yr, 1mm... damn low.

I think he's worth more than that... I guess timing being let go August 2nd, rather than being there for July 1?

Or do you think he took a discount to play with the Sharks?

Maybe both. He's getting 2 million from the Devils, so I guess he still gets his 3 million this way.

it's only in place after a 1 year contract. during a multi-year contract, you're free to negotiate an extension after july 1 of the final year of the contract.

thanks for the clarification - i actually knew that but wrote it as arbitration because i was thinking of parise in my response.