All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

DevilinLA

I agree he is not, but IMO he is much better compared to what we have right now. He moved the puck much better the other D-men and it helped.

There didn't seem to be much difference when he was injured a couple of years ago. He's really not much better than what we have, and he never stepped into that role for us.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Some crazy money I just saw year teams under the cap but maybe a bit overpaid?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=46173

Arnott 4.5Million a year? He's good but that good? You complain about Sharp getting 6 and looky here

Ryder is great as well but worth 4million off the bat? Gagne 5n2Million?!Okay Like I said yea most were under the Cap Floor but still that's a lot of money the players are Gonna maybe drool over and want to stay around that price for a while with new teams?

Surprised ANTTI MIETTINEN is still free

Arnott 4.5Million a year? He's good but that good? You complain about Sharp getting 6 and looky here

Ryder is great as well but worth 4million off the bat? Gagne 5n2Million?!Okay Like I said yea most were under the Cap Floor but still that's a lot of money the players are Gonna maybe drool over and want to stay around that price for a while with new teams?

Almost all UFA's are overpaid. Some more than others.

Bryzgalov got a 5M+ AVV deal and Vokoun, just as good really signed for what..1.5M? Some teams dipping in the market are desperate, they need to sign the player before another team offers more money, benefits, etc.

For a second there, I wondered why the hell Rick Nash was being bought out, or why the hell Tyson Nash was back in the NHL.

Also, what am I missing here - didn't the Devils only have one player opt for arbitration this season and still manage to buyout White & Hunter?

I've always been a fan of Miettinen. He would be a good pickup considering some here have questions as to whether or not Palmieri can fill his role. He could probably be had for pretty cheap.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Brendan Shanahan to try for some tweaks to the game at r and d camp.

-THE "HYBRID" ICING RULE

-NO ICING PERMITTED WHILE SHORTHANDED

-OVERTIME VARIATION: FOUR MINUTES OF 4-ON-4 FOLLOWED BY THREE MINUTES OF 3-ON-3(2 Overtimes?)

-NO LINE CHANGE FOR TEAM COMMITTING AN OFFSIDE

-AFTER OFFSIDE, FACE-OFF GOES BACK TO OFFENDING TEAM'S END

-REMOVING TRAPEZOID BEHIND NET

-IN-NET GOAL LINE CAMERA

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=373620

So what if you ice it?

Same rules as icing 5-on-5. Offensive zone faceoff, no line change allowed.

your PK unit has nothing in them and they get the puck and then what? attempt to skate it up?

There were different ideas kicked around. One was that they had to get the puck into the neutral zone, out of the defensive zone, then could ice it. One was that they physically had to possess the puck out of the defensive zone and into the neutral zone. Might have been others, read stuff on it a few days ago.

Brendan Shanahan to try for some tweaks to the game at r and d camp.

-THE "HYBRID" ICING RULE

-NO ICING PERMITTED WHILE SHORTHANDED

-OVERTIME VARIATION: FOUR MINUTES OF 4-ON-4 FOLLOWED BY THREE MINUTES OF 3-ON-3(2 Overtimes?)

-NO LINE CHANGE FOR TEAM COMMITTING AN OFFSIDE

-AFTER OFFSIDE, FACE-OFF GOES BACK TO OFFENDING TEAM'S END

-REMOVING TRAPEZOID BEHIND NET

-IN-NET GOAL LINE CAMERA

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=373620

All gimicky, except getting rid of the trapezoid, which is a little gimicky itself.

There was also discussion of having penalties go for their full time, regardless of major or minor status.

That, combined with adjustments to short-handed icing, would certainly boost PPs. Whether it makes the game better, that's debatable - those 20-penalty games in 2005-2006 had terrible flow, and these changes could have a period where 4 penalties makes up almost half the period as a PP/SH situation.

There was also discussion of having penalties go for their full time, regardless of major or minor status.

That, combined with adjustments to short-handed icing, would certainly boost PPs. Whether it makes the game better, that's debatable - those 20-penalty games in 2005-2006 had terrible flow, and these changes could have a period where 4 penalties makes up almost half the period as a PP/SH situation.

I'm completely agaisnt penalties going their full time (save for majors, obviously). It would just be a cheap way of saying "look at us, we don't have low scoring games any more!" It would make players that much more scared to play a physical game, out of fear that during their 2 minutes in the box, their team goes down by 2, 3, or even 4.