All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

DevilinLA

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The key for me personally is that I can't let the captaincy change me at all," Callahan said as he was joined by teammates Marc Staal, Brandon Dubinsky, Dan Girardi, Ryan McDonagh and Derek Stepan on a tour through the evolving arena that remains a construction zone. "I can't let it change me on or off the ice, the way I play or the way I act."

NYP.com

Some late night tidbits from Bob McKenzie...

"LAK adamant on 2 things with Doughty: deal needs to be at least 7 years long and cannot be more than $6.8M, same salary as Kopitar."

"Nothing official just yet, but John Tavares and Tyler Myers on verge of big, multi-year contract extensions with NYI and BUF, respectively."

"Both deals are expected to be in 6 year range, give or take a year, and worth an average of $5.5M, give or take a few hundred thousand."

Some late night tidbits from Bob McKenzie...

"LAK adamant on 2 things with Doughty: deal needs to be at least 7 years long and cannot be more than $6.8M, same salary as Kopitar."

"Nothing official just yet, but John Tavares and Tyler Myers on verge of big, multi-year contract extensions with NYI and BUF, respectively."

"Both deals are expected to be in 6 year range, give or take a year, and worth an average of $5.5M, give or take a few hundred thousand."

Saw that too, but i guess the kings are really pushing for 7 at least and Doughty is going for 5... i wonder who's gonna bend or what may happen if they can't agree on something

Saw this on the old 'HF. I'm 99.9% sure it means nothing - but fun to stir the pot when there's so little going on.

Again - not serious - and not my claim. Just for fun:

--------------------------------------------------

The guy got 3-4 things right this summer...broke a few signings.... does mostly toronto stuff..

very grain of salt though..

*********** Hockey Break

Very interesting here. Source informing me that the Devils have inquired about Drew Doughty, "With a very tempting offer".

We probably have to wait for the final word from Potvin for confirmation..... :giggle:

Edited by DevilinLA

Saw this on the old 'HF. I'm 99.9% sure it means nothing - but fun to stir the pot when there's so little going on.

The guy got 3-4 things right this summer...broke a few signings.... does mostly toronto stuff..

*********** Hockey Break

Very interesting here. Source informing me that the Devils have inquired about Drew Doughty, "With a very tempting offer".

We probably have to wait for the final word from Potvin for confirmation..... :giggle:

Dont think itll happen/true but itd be awesome.

Edited by Quinn01

*********** Hockey Break

I caught a similar rumor on Twitter, actually, saying we might have made an offer for Doughty and Jonathan Bernier...

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=375906

When the Toronto Maple Leafs open training camp on Friday, they will have Luke Schenn on the blueline.

Schenn agreed to a five-year contract with the club on Thursday night. While exact details of the deal have not been made official, it is believed that Schenn will earn approximately $3.5 million per season.