DevilinLA

All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

Fayne, Corrente, Larsson, Merril, Burlon, Gelinas, Taormina, and Fraser. Just to many guys the have surpassed him on the list of prospects getting ready to jump in the future. As long as were on the topic, Corrente and Fraser have no place on the defense. Taormina and Fayne have already surpassed them and Larsson, Merril,

Gelinas, and Burlon are much more skilled and have more potential. Sad for them, but good to see we have a slur of prospects.

I think people are selling corrente short. It takes a while for defenseman to develop and he's only 24. Hes younger than fayne, fraser, and taormina. He's definitely going to be given another shot. His style will be helpful when White and Sal are gone.

I think people are selling corrente short. It takes a while for defenseman to develop and he's only 24. Hes younger than fayne, fraser, and taormina. He's definitely going to be given another shot. His style will be helpful when White and Sal are gone.

Not even. He's only 23. But he's gotta stop fighting so much or he's not gonna make it. Or at least learn how to not get hurt every time he fights.

Is there any other backing to this Kaberle rumor? If for some godawful reason we gave him 4-5mm/year, which is what I see him signing for, there is no doubt in my mind that Lou has a buyer for two-of Rolston/Zubrus/Clarkson and a nice retirement plan for Salvador.

Edited by Martyisth3b3st

One more chance perhaps. I'm just saying he needs to make a mark soon or else.

Is there any other backing to this Kaberle rumor? If for some godawful reason we gave him 4-5mm/year, which is what I see him signing for, there is no doubt in my mind that Lou has a buyer for two-of Rolston/Zubrus/Clarkson and a nice retirement plan for Salvador.

Well that's a sure thing...can't sign this guy without making yourself cap space. I wonder what Lou has in mind. He said that we had to improve PMD, but at the same time the UFAs that were out there are all gone and there is only Kaberle who is going to be overpaid anywhere he goes and don't exactly fit into the definition of a Devils Defense-man. At the same time he has to sign Parise to a long term contract before arbitration and he also have to keep enough cap space in case Larsson impresses and we decided to sign him.

Lots of work for Lou :koolaid:

«Devils and Kaberle close to a deal. Expect it to be announced by tomorrow night. (Twitter reported that its between the Devils and Red Wings for him, my friend in the organization confirmed to me that the team has taken severe interest in Kaberle and are close to getting a deal done.)»

I find it on Devils army blog... Sound real :o

«Devils and Kaberle close to a deal. Expect it to be announced by tomorrow night. (Twitter reported that its between the Devils and Red Wings for him, my friend in the organization confirmed to me that the team has taken severe interest in Kaberle and are close to getting a deal done.)»

Crap. :doh1:

This is greatly going to effect Parise's situation if this is true.

Crap. :doh1: This is greatly going to effect Parise's situation if this is true.

Lou is not crazy. If this is true this means that you will hear of a trade involving Rolston, Clarkson or Zubrus soon enough man. Don't worry about his cap

not if we trade rolston....

Like we sign him if we trade rolston.... I swear....

Im not high on Kaberle but with a D like Volchenkov playing with im could be good..

47 points in season

11 in playoffs this years... Not that bad

But he need to be with Volchenkov cause he is to soft in his own zone

it on devils army blog on facebook

Edited by caron14

I really dont see it happening. In my opinion, Kaberle is not worth Zubrus and Clarkson. Id rather keep who we have, sign Larsson and sign Parise.

I dont see Kaberle of all players making such a big impact that it wont actually benfit the team loosing 2 good players for 1 decent.

I cant find anything on this anywhere on the internet. Just a bunch of talk from last off-season.

I wont get all bent until I see legit sources of this blasphemy.

Edited by Quinn01

OMG was it from a security guard at CAA?!?!? I heard he said we were going to get Lukowich before we even got him! Oh. Em. Gee.

If he doesn sign here and we get rid of Rolston we gotta make sure Kabs gets number 12 since he'll be just as much a headache as the previous number 12.

I wonder if his "friend" is the poster on HF.com who had similar info. Doesn't make the info bad, I'm just wondering if it's a second hand source being dressed up as first hand.

Blog also said the Devils were interested in Babchuk and Doughty....so it's every rumor on the Internet thrown into a blog. :evil:

We need to lock up Parise long term before doing something like Kaberle, otherwise i will seriously question Lou and the organisation, especially after we just drafted Larrson.

I'm hoping we hear contract news about Parise once the 4th of July holiday weekend has subsided, i.e. this week.

maybe kaberle can be a latter day tverdovsky who was a passenger on two straight cup winning teams!

If the price is right i would love to have Kaberle on this team.

I believe our highest point total on defense was andy greene with 25pts? A 40 plus point defenseman sounds good.

The Kaberle rumor is from one of the trusted posters on HF boards. He also said there is a tentative agreement between the devils and Parise, a long term contract. Supposedly they're just waiting on some of those subtractive transactions. Things can always change but its a good sign.

Also forgot to mention, that the Devils supposedly asked Kaberle what he was looking for. Word is that he's looking for over 5 per year for 6 years. Rumor is that the Devils willl offer him a contract if he comes down to around 4. 4 isn't so bad for 1-2 years, but not 6.

Edited by The Facepainter

Sorry, my bad, I didn't see the twitter message quoted above. Thats not from the guy on HF, he didn't seem like a deal was close.

Rumor sais parise nine year for 60 millions..

Rumor says four score and two years for $2.

:whistling:

We need to get back to the days where if you post anything you at least have to have a link!! or a source otherwise you get told off by Ms or DM!!

Yeah none of this 'rumors' stuff if you don't have a link please.

Rumor sais parise nine year for 60 millions..

So I can't mention what the poster on hf said, who is known to have sources? Is this a Nazis forum?

Chill.

I was referencing the above quote, not you. Although I don't personally put much weight on anything anyone on hfboards says. But at least you said where you heard the rumor from.