All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

DevilinLA

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dubinsky gives up 2 years of UFA - brooks laich is being paid $5M, tim connolly, $4.5M. it's a good deal, but the rangers can't be giving out too many of those

Just because Laich is getting 5 and connolly is getting 4.5 does not make this a good deal. That Connolly contract is HORRIBLE!

Just because Laich is getting 5 and connolly is getting 4.5 does not make this a good deal. That Connolly contract is HORRIBLE!

the connolly deal is better than the laich deal - it's not good, but it's the going rate for a decent center. in 2 years, this dubinsky deal won't be looked at as bad at all, and it might even be looked at as good.

Edited by Triumph

the connolly deal is better than the laich deal - it's not good, but it's the going rate for a decent center. in 2 years, this dubinsky deal won't be looked at as bad at all, and it might even be looked at as good.

Because connolly has been the beacon of health and actually played more than 1 season in a row injury free.

Because connolly has been the beacon of health and actually played more than 1 season in a row injury free.

what are the leafs' other options for a center? connolly's a fine risk to take. he might be healthy, he might not be.

iamtheprodigy: i might've said that - i don't hate the laich deal. it's a little long and it's got a few too many dollars in it. but that player really doesn't hit the market that often.

Edited by Triumph

what are the leafs' other options for a center? connolly's a fine risk to take. he might be healthy, he might not be.

iamtheprodigy: i might've said that - i don't hate the laich deal. it's a little long and it's got a few too many dollars in it. but that player really doesn't hit the market that often.

Ask any Sabres fan what they think of Connolly!

tim connolly, $4.5M. it's a good deal

Sure it is a good deal...if you like a player who is 1 hit from retirement, a player who will try to win a 1 on 4 battle, and cannot be relied on in the NHL playoffs for really anything.

Otherwise, a great deal for Toronto!! :rolleyes:

yeah, except that the sabres made a horrible choice replacing connolly with leino, and they'll probably live to regret that move. sabres fans expected connolly to be a savior and he wasn't.

Expected Tim Connolly to be a savior? Wow, find me those fans, they are NUTS if so.

Savior? No...but maybe better then the 0 goals in the last 28 playoff games he had as a Sabre.

But hey, I guess he earned his $4 million dollars a year as a Sabre :rolleyes:

I think Leino did more in 2 periods in the playoffs the last 2 years then Connolly did.

Tim? Nice guy, but $aynora

Edited by LOTCB

I don't get why people get all excited because a players name isn't on a roster. If they "knew something we didn't", they would have written an article about it. It's a slip-up, nothing more, nothing less.

Excited is a little strong but hope yes.

I don't get why people get all excited because a players name isn't on a roster. If they "knew something we didn't", they would have written an article about it. It's a slip-up, nothing more, nothing less.

I knew that, hence the :boogie:. Not to be taken literally.