All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

DevilinLA

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Twitter account @RealKyper_ is fake. Notice the underscore at the end of it.

I don't think it matters.

It's between Tampa (who may not have the space) and the Rangers who do not have a plan B if they don't sign him.

?? Link, source ?

Just rumors over the weekend on TSN radio. They have tons of cap space with the retirement of Rafalski and he is the same type of player.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Powe is role-player like our Madden was. Sucks to see him go. Like Chicago shipped out so many players last year after winning the cup it hurt them especially losing Dustin.

It's not even July yet, it's not like he's refusing to report to camp. We're talking about two whole days from the trade to when the article was written. You're just buying the Pronger bs about how Carter and Richards are babies.

I suppose I am. After the trade went down my first thought was why? That the two were babies was a reason given, rumors were flying that Pronger was upset about it, and that seems like the most likely reason.

How do you know it's BS though and not accurate? This news story seems to give support to the theory.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

Just rumors over the weekend on TSN radio. They have tons of cap space with the retirement of Rafalski and he is the same type of player.

Damn :saddevil: If we are to let Greene go and ship Rolston to another team, that's the guy I want at our blue line. Wicked shot, moves well the puck and he's good in his zone.

Damn :saddevil: If we are to let Greene go and ship Rolston to another team, that's the guy I want at our blue line. Wicked shot, moves well the puck and he's good in his zone.

I agree 100%. But right now on the D side he is the cream of the crop, so he will be in demand and Detroit seems the most logical destination. Anaheim could have locked him up for cheap when they had him.

I suppose I am. After the trade went down my first thought was why? That the two were babies was a reason given, rumors were flying that Pronger was upset about it, and that seems like the most likely reason.

How do you know it's BS though and not accurate? This news story seems to give support to the theory.

Whether or not it's true, we do know what is true:

A: carter and richards were really excellent hockey players

B: carter has a right to be upset given that he signed an 11 year deal in good faith - he made a commitment to the team, and they did not honor that commitment

Whether or not it's true, we do know what is true:

A: carter and richards were really excellent hockey players

B: carter has a right to be upset given that he signed an 11 year deal in good faith - he made a commitment to the team, and they did not honor that commitment

C. Carter has been rumored on the market for the past two trade deadlines to make space for a legit goalie. I don't know the behind the scenes stuff, but something was there that didn't sit well with the organization.

D. Flyers dealt him at the peak of his value and got much more for him overall than they should have. I think Columbus is going to regret this deal in the next several years.

C. Carter has been rumored on the market for the past two trade deadlines to make space for a legit goalie. I don't know the behind the scenes stuff, but something was there that didn't sit well with the organization.

E: they signed him to 11 year contract.

D. Flyers dealt him at the peak of his value and got much more for him overall than they should have. I think Columbus is going to regret this deal in the next several years.

F: Carter's really good at hockey and his deal is solid - Carter is the sort of player Columbus can't lure in on the open market.

E: they signed him to 11 year contract.

F: Carter's really good at hockey and his deal is solid - Carter is the sort of player Columbus can't lure in on the open market.

E. They signed him to an 11 year contract and dealt him.

F. Very true.

G. See Carp's comment above.

Edited by MantaRay

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

FYERS TRADE UPDATE:

Per Flyers official twitter

Quote:

#Flyers have traded center Darroll Powe to Minnesota in exchange for Minnesota’s 3rd round draft pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.

Trade was already mentioned here

I know the weight carried by Mr. 2.3% around here, but I'm bored so... reporting that NJ still talking to CGY about Bouwmeester.

I wonder what NJ would (and could) give up to trade for J-Bo. Since being on CGY, I haven't heard as much about it, but he was an absolute horse on the Panthers, logging heavy minutes. I'd love to have him on the top pair.

6.68 cap hit tho is high. CGY would have to take back some salary. Maybe they'd take some prospects and Clarkson. Prob not tho. Maybe we could sell high on Palmieri, ship him, Urbom, and Clarkson.

Anyway, just talking out of my ass. But after signing Parise, I'd love to focus on prying J-Bo out of CGY's clutches.

I know the weight carried by Mr. 2.3% around here, but I'm bored so... reporting that NJ still talking to CGY about Bouwmeester.

How many years are left on his current contract? I wouldn't wanna be stuck with the cap hit for the next 4 years while he declines