DevilinLA

All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

eal_ESPNLeBrun Pierre LeBrun

Three league executives confirm Mike Richards is in play by Philadelphia

Rumours per Bob

Richards for Schenn and Simmonds...

we want that right?

I'm sure Simmonds is looking forward to all the racial epithets he'll hear when the Flyers lose at Wachovia Center.

I don't know, there's a lot of comedy clubs in LA. Remember his racist rant the last time he did standup?

Haha didn't catch that at first!

I would love to see the flyers without Richards, he is a great player and filthy on the pk.

This about sums up Mike Richards' play.

Rumours per Bob

Richards for Schenn and Simmonds...

we want that right?

YES. The Flyers losing Richards and Carter is amazing for us.

Why would they trade Richards? Trading Carter was a mistake IMO but at least I understand why they did it. Trading away Richards would just be dumb though, even if they get Brayden Schenn. If they trade Carter and Richards to make room for Bryzgalov, then they are just completely insane.

Unless they are freeing up cap room to run at brad richards... who knows. i can't see them trading away two players such as richards and carter and not get someone that will make an immediate impact next season.

All I can say is...if the Flyers trade Richards and Carter in the same day...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I have no idea but it seems reasonable that this Richards deal could have been a backup one if the Carter deal didn't materialize.

wyshynski Greg Wyshynski

Going from "get me a No. 1 goalie" to "blow up the [expletive] team" would be the greatest mis-communication b/w an owner and GM ev-uh.

GMillerTSN Gord Miller

by IllegalCurve

Done deal, and it's a blockbuster. Phi trades captain Mike Richards to LA for Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds.

I kinda want Mike Richards.

#4 pick + Clarkson + Zubrus for Richards?

:D

GMillerTSN Gord Miller

Done deal, and it's a blockbuster. Phi trades captain Mike Richards to LA for Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds.

Unless they are freeing up cap room to run at brad richards... who knows. i can't see them trading away two players such as richards and carter and not get someone that will make an immediate impact next season.

would be the most confusing switch ever. give richards the same number and see if anyone catches on.

Edited by ZeroGravityFat

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

As per @GMillerTSN, LAK acquire Mike Richards from PHI for Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds. Done deal according to Gord.

GMillerTSN Gord Miller

Flyers must love Schenn. He looks like he'll be great, but nobody knows for sure until he does it.

What in the hell?

I'm laughing for two main reasons:

1. Flyers fans are probably losing their sh!t right now, which is hilarious. Stroll over to Hfboards, it's hysterical

2. Kings fans anointed schenn as the next coming of Jesus Christ, so they're probably not going to be happy he's gone. More funny reading!

Let me fill in for Manta here:

"This is a great deal for Philly. They get two great players and are definitely going to have an 82-0 season like those commercials and are going to sweep their way to the finals."