All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

DevilinLA

A Kaberle signing would be costly, risky, and would require a tough transaction to be made where highly touted prospects and picks may be involved. Instead of Kaberle I wouldn't mind Lou taking a chance on Anton Stralman for the right price.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kaberle rumor is from one of the trusted posters on HF boards. He also said there is a tentative agreement between the devils and Parise, a long term contract. Supposedly they're just waiting on some of those subtractive transactions. Things can always change but its a good sign.

Also forgot to mention, that the Devils supposedly asked Kaberle what he was looking for. Word is that he's looking for over 5 per year for 6 years. Rumor is that the Devils willl offer him a contract if he comes down to around 4. 4 isn't so bad for 1-2 years, but not 6.

This is terrifying.

Its sad that Clarkson is going to get traded. Lou made and error by signing him at that cost and now Clarky who in my opinion was never the type of player who can put the required numbers to such a contract is going to pay while fvcking Rolston A.K.A the sacrificial lamb is going to stay for another season.

Joke of the Day:

Andrej Sekera files for arbitration. Must be reading the Mark Fraser book of "I'm a marginal player, struggled recently, yet you need to pay me more."

Sekera was one of Buffalo's best defensemen during the season, and someone's going to be very happy when Buffalo sells him to buy more bad players.

Stars not expected to talk further with Jamie Langenbrunner
The Stars are pretty much done with free agents. They are still watching all NHL movement, but it seems pretty clear they will not try to re-sign Jamie Langenbrunner or any of their other unrestricted free agents. Langenbrunner is searching, but he was looking for a two-year deal.

Can't see Jamie getting a two year deal from anyone,but I guess that's what he shooting for.

My link

Well maybe now Lou'll finally unveil what he's got up his sleeve since all the big UFA's are off the board now and he more or less promised moves will be made.

The Stars are pretty much done with free agents. They are still watching all NHL movement, but it seems pretty clear they will not try to re-sign Jamie Langenbrunner or any of their other unrestricted free agents. Langenbrunner is searching, but he was looking for a two-year deal.

Oh god, I forgot he was still out there :lol: I just hope Lou resists the temptation to get him on the cheap, we haven't filled our ex-Devil returning quota for the summer yet.

Not bad for who - Kaberle or Carolina? That is quite bad for Carolina.

How is that bad for Carolina? It's not a 35+ contract and it's a short-term deal at not crazy money.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Kaberle will get 2nd pairing minutes in Carolina. Pitkanen is going to get a bulk of playing time and PP time.

4.25 mil for a guy who's essentially just a passer but not much of a defensive defenseman is a little steep, but 3 years and not the 5 he was asking makes things not as ugly.