All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

:blink:

I could so not do Lou's job.

In Lou we trust :koolaid:

But its fun to pretend :P

I like to imagine I am Lou when I'm sat behind my desk all day. Talking to players, making trades, shining my head.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Callahan puts in request for arbitration (yesterday obviously) along with Dubinsky.

According to the general rules that have been applied to Parise & (TEAM ELECTED) arbitration, both of those players are clearly unhappy with the organization and will probably demand to be traded. To Toronto.

I think you have to realize this:

1.)Lou has a lot of pieces in motion

a.) Parise new contract

b.) Potential Larsson ELC

c.) LTIR Player w/possible retirement - or uncertainty - Salvador

d.) Dead weight or Overpaid Toxic contracts: Rolston/ Zubrus

e.) Coach and Style

The worst news of the day is that Yandle re-upped with PHX, as a trade for a nice yound player like him with a reasonable contract could have been the key.

the whole post is excellent, but i wanted to add two comments on these points.

the other piece that you left out and is very important is the uncertainty of the sale of gilfilan's share of the team. it is almost certain that a $50-$75MM commitment, no matter how its spaced out, affects the books and value when it comes to the sale. Its considered a liability at that point on the ledger.

also, the yandle contract is actually a good thing as it's not terribly high for someone with the output he put up from defense and keeps the market regulated. frankly, the best news i've heard is that stamkos is looking at somewhere around 5/37 - a 7.5MM cap hit. now parise has more experience and a bit greater track record, and is one year away from UFA but i don't think anyone would argue he's better than steven stamkos. i think that a 10/60 deal or some derivation thereof is very possible for Parise.

also, the yandle contract is actually a good thing as it's not terribly high for someone with the output he put up from defense and keeps the market regulated.

i wonder if yandle passed up on some money so as to make his contract tradeable. either way, it's not a particularly good deal.

frankly, the best news i've heard is that stamkos is looking at somewhere around 5/37 - a 7.5MM cap hit. now parise has more experience and a bit greater track record, and is one year away from UFA but i don't think anyone would argue he's better than steven stamkos. i think that a 10/60 deal or some derivation thereof is very possible for Parise.

stamkos's contract would only take him until he's 26, and stamkos isn't arbitration eligible. his recourse is an offer sheet (unlikely, i don't think there's a team out there that could really just add him for $10m/season), or signing whatever the lightning put in front of him. meanwhile parise can walk on to the free market next year and if he has even a decent year he could get 12/84.

Edited by Triumph

Both signed a one year deal.

This absolutely has to do with Perron's situation. Its still up in the air if he will be able to return for next season.

Edited by Quinn01

Got a laugh out of this:

I picture StL tires spinning in the mud with these two signings.

NJ's start last season was HORRIBLE. A large part of that was due to these guys.

From forum.canucks.com

DarrenDreger Darren Dreger

1 year for Arnott in St Louis...contract value...just under $3 mil.

Jeremy Rutherford

Both Langenbrunner and Arnott will make $2.5 million with potential bonuses that could add up to $2.8 individually.

just now from TweetDeck

1 minute ago

Blue Jackets Sign Radek Martinek (1 year, 2.2 Million)

Quote:

Dispatch: #CBJ sign veteran D Radek Martinek to a one-year $2.2 million contract.

https://twitter.com/#!/Aportzline/st...79155524313088

Edited by DevilinLA

TGfireandice Tom Gulitti

Columbus has signed former Islander Radek Martinek to a one-year contract.

I remember first seeing Martinek for the first time at a pre-season game in 2001-02 season at CAA against the Isles and saw how much talent he had. I really do think he could/ already be a star if it wasn't for the injuries.

Edited by DevsMan84