All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

DevilinLA

I read somewhere that there was a rumor a while ago that Parise was going to go for Rynnas, MacArthur, and D'Amigo. There was also a rumor that Zajac was going to go for Versteeg.

Parise and Zajac going wouldn't be quite the equivalent of Richards-Carter...the equivalent would be Zach and Kovy going in the same day next offseason if we sign Zach long-term and trade him just before his NMC kicks in, then trade Kovy before we have to start paying him $11 million per :lol:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from Єklund (2.3% accurate)'s blog (i know i know what we all think about him but he did broke the Richards deal today)

"On the Leafs...

I am told to look out early tomorrow morning....the Leafs may pull the trigger on one of the biggest deals the team has ever seen. "Bigger than Phaneuf. Way bigger." I was told. The names to look for Parise, Stamkos, and believe it or not... Eric Staal."

i HATE to see his name in rumours talk... especially since his contracts talks are taking forever for... what reasons again?"

Do they even have something Lou would be willing to trade Parise's rights or worth Parise for us?

from Єklund (2.3% accurate)'s blog (i know i know what we all think about him but he did broke the Richards deal today)

"On the Leafs...

I am told to look out early tomorrow morning....the Leafs may pull the trigger on one of the biggest deals the team has ever seen. "Bigger than Phaneuf. Way bigger." I was told. The names to look for Parise, Stamkos, and believe it or not... Eric Staal."

i HATE to see his name in rumours talk... especially since his contracts talks are taking forever for... what reasons again?"

Do they even have something Lou would be willing to trade Parise's rights or worth Parise for us?

The fact that he's using the words "tomorrow" and "Stamkos" in the same sentence make absolutely no sense. Stamkos can start taking offer sheets on July 1, so if Toronto were really looking to move in on him, they can wait until July 1 and give him the offer sheet. And the four first rounders that Tampa would be getting in any offer sheet they wouldn't be willing to match would be better than anything Toronto could offer at the moment.

The guy's a clown.

The fact that he's using the words "tomorrow" and "Stamkos" in the same sentence make absolutely no sense. Stamkos can start taking offer sheets on July 1, so if Toronto were really looking to move in on him, they can wait until July 1 and give him the offer sheet. And the four first rounders that Tampa would be getting in any offer sheet they wouldn't be willing to match would be better than anything Toronto could offer at the moment.

The guy's a clown.

its not 4 first round picks anymore it would be something like 2 first a 2nd and a 3rd... but still... i really dont feel comfortable with an unsigned Parise going into these things

Stamkos said as recently as last night to TSN he's close to a new deal with the Bolts.

Parise and the Devils are on the same page about where he wants to be next year. Lou has a significant amount more of cap space thanks to the cap officially going up. We're not giving up on Zach, not tomorrow, not July 1st, not 5 minutes before the arbitrator delivers his ruling. He'll be locked up soon, relax.

and lastly Brodeur to the Caps? give me a break.

Єklund (2.3% accurate) is great at putting rumors out there, but like I said before, he's good at making money/hits for his site by putting out EVERYTHING he hears, he filters very little.

its not 4 first round picks anymore it would be something like 2 first a 2nd and a 3rd... but still... i really dont feel comfortable with an unsigned Parise going into these things

It's four first rounders if it's over a certain amount, which is undoubtedly what it would take for tampa not to match.

It's four first rounders if it's over a certain amount, which is undoubtedly what it would take for tampa not to match.

yeah i know it WAS but i think they changed it lately someone posted the new bracket here somewhere and its now less than it was before... if im not mistaken what was 4first is now 2 first and 2nd + 3rd or something...

Changed the title of this thread for board organization sake....

Thought it might make things easier to organize all trades in one thread - seeing that it seems to already be running here.

Easier to keep thing organized perhaps and prevent duplicate threads?

FEEL FREE TO ADD UPDATES or LINKED and DOCUMENTED Speculation

MODS - Should we pin?

Changed the title of this thread for board organization sake....

Thought it might make things easier to organize all trades in one thread - seeing that it seems to already be running here.

Easier to keep thing organized perhaps and prevent duplicate threads?

FEEL FREE TO ADD UPDATES or LINKED and DOCUMENTED Speculation

MODS - Should we pin?

Looks like Parsie is going to make new threads for every single rumor anyway.

Just thought that with as chaotic as the boards get this time of year that it might keep things a little less crazy.

I know I like coming here and being able to zero-in right away on what is new by checking one or two on-going threads, or reading a new SIGNING with its own thread - as opposed to 20 folks or so tripping over each other to post a new thread for each bit of news (I would also imagine it makes life tough for the mods to merge threads and such).

Whatever works I guess.

Just thought that with as chaotic as the boards get this time of year that it might keep things a little less crazy.

I know I like coming here and being able to zero-in right away on what is new by checking one or two on-going threads, or reading a new SIGNING with its own thread - as opposed to 20 folks or so tripping over each other to post a new thread for each bit of news (I would also imagine it makes life tough for the mods to merge threads and such).

Whatever works I guess.

I agree, but I'm sure there will those who will still race over here and make a new thread for each big rumor/trade/signing, even if this does get pinned.

apparently we're interested in brooke laich? i don't think we want more centers other than if we can draft a top notch center like couturier, RNH or Huberdeau

incarceratedbob

**HOT NHL RUMOR**Source: Several teams will make a big push for Brooks Laich - Leafs / Canucks / Devils & Rangers all want him...

They actually talked about the Parise to Toronto rumor today on TSN Radio. I can't see Lou dealing him, but I keep hearing more and more (probably Ecklund and echoed) that Parise is no longer happy in NJ.

So these rumors will persist, but I don't think Lou will ever deal him.

They actually talked about the Parise to Toronto rumor today on TSN Radio. I can't see Lou dealing him, but I keep hearing more and more (probably Ecklund and echoed) that Parise is no longer happy in NJ.

they said the same stuff about kovie, how he's not happy, he wants to go elsewhere, etc etc. it's just toronto market trying to start sh!t hoping the devils side and parise make a comment and actually start a fight.

I'd bet (and hope :unsure: ) that most of these rumors are just desperate Toronto morons looking to attract attention to themselves.

Because clearly, if a player isn't playing in/for Toronto, then they simply cannot be happy with their current team and must be traded to Toronto as a result.