DevilinLA

All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

Look at the Rangers organizational depth chart, it's littered with future all-stars and first/second liners. Almost anyone taken in the first 3 rounds is a future stud :lol: Jared is much more reasonable with the Devils guys.

Haha, true enough. For what it's worth, Larry Brooks also tweeted this:

NYP_Brooksie Larry Brooks

Sather: Grachev asked out, wanted new start. GM had been shopping him for year, Blues only team interested

So that also kind of answers my question.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Alot of trades happening

So everything is HERE? all the trade news and stuff like that ... I guess that's cool enough - I guess in this twitter society no one cares about actual news stories. How weird will that be? We'll turn into this heresay society of sound bytes and no news articles anymore....

:( news will be like this board -- one sentence of fact hidden in a manure pile of prolific narcissist sounding off on the facts as they see them. Trauma. Facts are killed as are all interesting and valid opinions out there.

So depressing to me. No space for real thought

Edited by Pepperkorn

Hey -- you know what thought... then the truly brilliant self-serving - like Benjamin Franklin will see the opportunity to seize power - knowing it's in their best interest that the masses enjoy a modicum of prosperity...

:offtopic:

Ok I'll stop :evil:

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Dwayne Roloson(Tampa Bay) Looking to test the market... rather say it here then post a thread

@RealKyper_: Brad Richards to sign with the Rangers on July 1st, looks like 6 year deal. #rangers @thenyrangers”

Various Twitter sources are reporting the rumor that VAN has resigned Bieksa - no official confirmation or terms yet.

This should be interesting to watch as Jeff Carter is unhappy and hasnt reached out to any of his Columbus teammates

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/06/25/11/Howson-addresses-Carters-silence/landing_bluejackets.html?blockID=535073&feedID=3725

Sounds childish and unprofessional. He may have some maturing to do. That could either turn out great for Columbus (after he does mature and translate his elite skills to the Blue Jackets) or he'll be a major headache for the foreseeable future.

@RealKyper_: Brad Richards to sign with the Rangers on July 1st, looks like 6 year deal. #rangers @thenyrangers

Ahh, the Rangers! Where hockey players go to fizzle, burn out and fade away

So everything is HERE? all the trade news and stuff like that ... I guess that's cool enough - I guess in this twitter society no one cares about actual news stories. How weird will that be? We'll turn into this heresay society of sound bytes and no news articles anymore....

:( news will be like this board -- one sentence of fact hidden in a manure pile of prolific narcissist sounding off on the facts as they see them. Trauma. Facts are killed as are all interesting and valid opinions out there.

So depressing to me. No space for real thought

Have you been living under a rock for the past twenty years? The news has been like that for a while already.

Really Kypreos? So Richards is gonna sign with the Rangers on Friday, but you know this for sure on Monday? I'm not naïve that things go on behind the scenes, but this would be some major tampering I would think.

Sounds childish and unprofessional. He may have some maturing to do. That could either turn out great for Columbus (after he does mature and translate his elite skills to the Blue Jackets) or he'll be a major headache for the foreseeable future.

I think this might be one of the reasons he was on the market the past two years.

I also think people projecting him to do well centering Nash are fooling themselves. He is a shooter first....like Nash, he is also a better wing, then center. Columbus still needs to build down the middle to compliment these two similar players.

Really Kypreos? So Richards is gonna sign with the Rangers on Friday, but you know this for sure on Monday? I'm not naïve that things go on behind the scenes, but this would be some major tampering I would think.

Management hasn't reached out to Richards, its been the players. In particular, Avery has been the mediator and has probably sent him the news articles saying that the Rangers will not be outbid for him. Having Torts as his coach again is probably the icing on the cake.

I believe July 1st is merely a formality and he is pretty much a Ranger.

Well, can you really blame the guy? He signs a long contract extension at a discounted rate to stay for the rest of his career in Philly, a place where he feels he has a good chance to win a Cup. Then, a few months later, without warning, he gets shipped off to a team that has never even won a playoff game. I would be pissed off too. Philly really screwed him over. Now he's going to be stuck on a much weaker team for possibly the rest of his career. It's easy to say "suck it up, be a professional", but he has every right to be upset about this. What Philly did was very dishonest. Carter could have earned more money going to free agency. Instead, he signed for less to stay on a winning team, only to get betrayed a few months later. Yeah, he knew that he could technically be traded at any time. But being offered an 11-year extension with an NTC kicking in soon should mean that he was wanted in Philly. Apparently that wasn't the case.

So surprised that the Rangers are going to sign Richards :whistling: I think any player can sign with the Rangers regardless of how good or bad he is...the guy only has to ask for a 5 or 6 Millions per year for the next 6 or 7 years and Sather is on that sh!t !!!

So surprised that the Rangers are going to sign Richards :whistling: I think any player can sign with the Rangers regardless of how good or bad he is...the guy only has to ask for a 5 or 6 Millions per year for the next 6 or 7 years and Sather is on that sh!t !!!

Wade Redden.

How much do you think Brent Sopel would be asking for? Even though he's a defensive defenseman if there is anyway we can fit him in capwise... :pray:

How much do you think Brent Sopel would be asking for? Even though he's a defensive defenseman if there is anyway we can fit him in capwise... :pray:

I can't quite figure Sopel. He started out being a pretty good PP guy and now he can't keep his job even on teams that need help on D. Even the Islanders dropped him. Not sure he would be much of an upgrade here, even though we have a mediocre defense.

Well, can you really blame the guy?

I understand why he's upset (I would be), but he's not dealing with his anger properly. He is acting like a petulant child.

Edit: Based on that news story and my very limited knowledge of the situation as an outsider.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

I understand why he's upset (I would be), but he's not dealing with his anger properly. He is acting like a petulant child.

It's not even July yet, it's not like he's refusing to report to camp. We're talking about two whole days from the trade to when the article was written. You're just buying the Pronger bs about how Carter and Richards are babies.

Edited by NJDevs4978

You're just buying the Pronger bs about how Carter and Richards are babies.

Do tell.

Do tell.

lol I don't have any inside knowledge, just saw the same scuttlebutt that's been floating around - that Carter and Richards supposedly didn't work hard and tried to get by on talent, that there was a faction of vets (led by Pronger, Briere and a couple others) that had differences with them because of it, that Pronger and Richards were fighting over leadership in the locker room.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Defenceman Kevin Bieksa has signed a new five-year, $23 million contract with the Vancouver Canucks. The deal will pay the blueliner $4.6 million per season, and also includes a no-trade clause. Bieksa was eligible to become an unrestricted free agent on Friday.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=370169