GDT: 2011 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

Derlique

I was really more pleasantly surprised by Fayne last season. Not a knock on Taormina, but I Fayne was a standout for me. I hope to see both given every chance at a good amount of NHL minutes this year. It's going to be a battle for those 6 spots

Absolute Locks:

Volchenkov

White

Tallinder

Should have a spot on the team:

Fayne

Taormina

Will be knocking on the door at camp:

Urbom

Larsson

Big question marks at this point:

Salvador

Greene

Corrente

Fraser

Eckford

UFA?

Down the road:

Merrill

Burlon

Gelinas

Projects:

Sova

Noreau

Scarlett

Daly

Any mistakes with this assessment?

Minus the fact that Salmela wasnt in there, I think that is a pretty fair assessment to make.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well first off, if Greene doesnt resign, I would want Larsson and Taormina up. Forget Salmela and Urbom. Also dont forget Fraser. Salvador also is a huge thing that needs to be addressed. If he returns this season, wont have more then 1 or 2 in him left. I really also like Greene and would hate to see him go, however now with Larsson around, if he is ready to play in the NHL then I wouldnt be to worried if Andy walked.

Forget Fraser because he's forgettable - and picking Larsson pretty much assured that Fraser will never see a Devils jersey again.

With Greene - finally we can let this mediocre stopgap go - let him go get his $3M somewhere else - if he wants to stay for cheap and understands his role as a cheap NHL doorstop who merely eats minutes fine, other than that he can take his inconsistent game elsewhere.

You didn't, but devlman did. I agree with you. Except I think Salmela is gone.

Taorminas got some good skates on him but that's it. His defensive awareness and decision making was terrible. However, he's still young and can be useful but it boggles me how ppl who never even knew he existed prior to last yr are proclaiming him as not only a guaranteed starter, but a first pairing-man! Now someone's saying he's the next Niedermayer! Lmao...all this based on two months of horrible devils hockey in which he made countless mistakes. And let's not even mention his major long term injury and how that can affect him...and the wealth of defensive depth we have..

Edited by devlman

Wow some of the comparisons that Taormina is getting here are absolutely crazy. You guys realize that he only played in 17 games last year, right? We're talking about a 24 year old undrafted dman with all of 17 NHL games under his belt, and there are comparisons to Nieds and Bergeron?

Don't get me wrong, the guy had a very promising first 17 games for a rookie, but it will take at least 1-2 full seasons of solid play before we can start making these comparisons. Anyone remember how excited Rangers fans were when Voros was tearing it up for them in his first 10-15 games?

Edited by Amberite

urbom played well in albany having the most points on defense. i would love to see him up

this is a dumb question because i never had a concussion but what happens if you rush someone to play who still has the lingering effects of a concussion

They are more prone to another concussion and I believe each concussion is typically worse than the previous one.

urbom played well in albany having the most points on defense. i would love to see him up

He's still pretty raw. His defensive play was not particularly good, from what I heard (Albany's defense was among the worst in the AHL overall). He'll likely be an NHL player down the line but I think he'll go back to Albany for another year of seasoning, with some call-ups to get him NHL experience and gauge where he's at.

this is a dumb question because i never had a concussion but what happens if you rush someone to play who still has the lingering effects of a concussion

They have more concussions and can do permanent damage to their brain.

They are more prone to another concussion and I believe each concussion is typically worse than the previous one.

how does one feel when they have a concussion? do you have slow reflexes or what? i am just asking because i never really met or know anyone who had a concussion

So when the Devils give up their first rounder punishment, what is the board going to look like? Will there just be a black bar where they would have picked screwing all the teams behind them or does everyone move up? I guess it doesnt matter since being picked 30th instead of 29* (think they asterisk it?)

So when the Devils give up their first rounder punishment, what is the board going to look like? Will there just be a black bar where they would have picked screwing all the teams behind them or does everyone move up? I guess it doesnt matter since being picked 30th instead of 29* (think they asterisk it?)

im assuming they will just give our pick to pittsburgh

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftstats.htm#?navid=nav-ply-drft

Check out round 3. Pick 69 would have been ours but we lost it because of the Kovalchuk contract. They just skip over it.