RUMOR: Doughty Re-ups in LA

DevilinLA

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

LA has been getting real good. Hoped they went further in the Playoffs, maybe next season! Got a good team developing

LA is looking like the real deal now. Stong in nets, strong on D and three stong centers. If Richards is on a mission to show Philly they made a mistake, this team could be the #1 seed in the West.

Agreed. I wouldnt say they can compete with Vancouver or San Jose yet, but they could easily challenge for SJ for the Pacific title. I like the Brent Burns trade, and I'd say that will have more of an impact than the Richards one

That's a great price for Doughty.

Agreed. I wouldnt say they can compete with Vancouver or San Jose yet, but they could easily challenge for SJ for the Pacific title. I like the Brent Burns trade, and I'd say that will have more of an impact than the Richards one

I'd say the Kings could compete with the Sharks, They're stronger on D and probably in net too. Also although their offense isn't as good as the Sharks, the Kings' centers can play better in the defensive zone.

San Jose got fleeced in that trade. Three first round picks for an injury prone defensemen in the final year of his contract?

I would SJ just got weaker, not better. Vancouver has far too many UFA issues to deal with before we can say they will be back.

San Jose got fleeced in that trade. Three first round picks for an injury prone defensemen in the final year of his contract?

They also got a 2nd round 2012 pick in a supposedly deeper draft. Since the Wild are pretty bad, it should be a high pick, and it may well end up that the SJ 1st in 2011 is a worse prospect than the Wild 2nd in 2012. I think it may be an "overpayment" still, but Burns has great talent, and SJ wants to win now.

They also got a 2nd round 2012 pick in a supposedly deeper draft. Since the Wild are pretty bad, it should be a high pick, and it may well end up that the SJ 1st in 2011 is a worse prospect than the Wild 2nd in 2012. I think it may be an "overpayment" still, but Burns has great talent, and SJ wants to win now.

Time will tell, but Minny certainly improved themselves upfront for the next few years. Setaguchi and Koivu could be lethal.

Who is to say they don't resign Burns after this year when he is a UFA?

BUT, Minny's Defense really sucks, so I expect them to pick up some UFA's after July 1st.