Idiotic (FALSE) rumor: Parise to Vancouver

David Puddy

Just curious if anyone else caught this on Twitter...

@Jordan_Bold

CKNW 980 in Vancouver is reporting the Nucks have traded Hodgson,Schneider and Samuelsson to the NJD for Zach Parise. #Devils #Canucks

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Regarding VAN radio report on Parise to Canucks: fantasy. Someone's over-active imagination. Don't believe they're even talking at this pt.

Just to set the record straight, Parise can't be traded because the team filed for arbitration.

I would like to believe that Parise is staying here for at least 1 more year, but I DON"T like the fact that his name has come-up for the second time in a week. Granted both rumors involve Canadian teams with an overzealous fan base. But its things like this that sometimes snowball into actual trade talks. GM's hearing these fabricated rumors, may just think to call Lou out of curiosity and the next thing you know they are in serious talks.

I only hope that Lou is looking to find a way to lock in Zach for the long haul.

Just curious if anyone else caught this on Twitter...

@Jordan_Bold

CKNW 980 in Vancouver is reporting the Nucks have traded Hodgson,Schneider and Samuelsson to the NJD for Zach Parise. #Devils #Canucks

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Regarding VAN radio report on Parise to Canucks: fantasy. Someone's over-active imagination. Don't believe they're even talking at this pt.

Just to set the record straight, Parise can't be traded because the team filed for arbitration.

Hogson, Schneider, and Samuelsson? Who the effff are those guys? Seriously. Get the efff out of here. Don't insult me with that sh!t...

This Vancouver rumor broke the seal... everyone's talking about Parise, including Mr. 2.4%. Parise is rumored to go to: Toronto, Colorado, Chicago, "an eastern Canadian team", and even the freaking RANGERS.

Edited by David Puddy

Okay... I just thought about this, and here's the problem with trading Parise while he's pending arbitration... Parise has no contract. The Devils only hold his rights. But the only reason the Devils will still hold his rights come tomorrow is because the team filed for arbitration... without that case pending he would become a UFA. So if he were traded between now and the arbitration case, what would happen? Would the case still be heard? Would he automatically become UFA? Would the team have a chance to negotiate with him? It doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, for a somewhat reliable source:

@TheFourthPeriod Re: all these Parise silly trade rumors... First, they're bogus. Second, he cannot be traded until after his arbitration hearing, anyway.

It'll be nice when Lou gives everyone in the hockey media a nice big sh!tburger to eat and signs Parise long term. Some of these rumors are bordering on lunacy at this point, and the Ranger one actually is pure, unadulterated, utter lunacy.

Edited by MadDog2020