Wiz and CBJ agree to Terms

DevilinLA

Looks like WIZ is about to get paid w/CBJ

Rumor has it, terms got agreed to.

@gotitotti: Wisniewski Agrees to terms with Blue Jackets

ChrisBottaNHL Chris Botta

James Wisniewski, who will sign with the BJs in the next 24 hours, will be one of the big winners of this year's UFA class.

Yvon Pedneault is speculating that it's 7-8 years at 5.2 per

6 years @ $33M $5.2 Cap HIT

Edited by DevilinLA

Wow, if that's true, that's a big overpayment...but I have no problem because that's what cbj has to do to sign free agents

That is a good deal for both sides. As he is just coming into his own and had a 50 point season last year.

He will be the foundation that they have never had on the blueline. Very good signing.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Not trying to troll, but do you plan on saying "good signing" in response to every single contract announcement this off-season? I think I've yet to see you dislike a contract. :noclue:

I don't post on the things i don't always agree with like that sh*tty Vancouver Rumour i rather not say whats on my mind. I post the things i like, If i don't like it i don't bother posting on it seems reasonable?

That is a good deal for both sides. As he is just coming into his own and had a 50 point season last year.

He will be the foundation that they have never had on the blueline. Very good signing.

well he must be good if he had 50 points.

if these terms are correct, this would be a horrendous deal.

well he must be good if he had 50 points.

if these terms are correct, this would be a horrendous deal.

Again: I said he was just coming into his own, using 50 points as an indicator of that. I could have said he was the 5th highest scoring defensemen out of 311 in the league as well.

I am glad you said this is a horrendous deal because that will probably make him a Norris Candidate in a few years!!

Columbus has always lacked a good PP QB since it's inception. This is a great deal for both as he probably would have gotten more on the open market.

Edited by MantaRay

Columbus has always lacked a good PP QB since it's inception. This is a great deal for both as he probably would have gotten more on the open market.

i'm not so sure about that - this is really based off one year and that's dangerous to give this kind of length and commitment for that. remember, this guy had to take a sh!tty isles one year offer last year because he was the bottom of the barrel.

i think this is a big overpayment for a franchise that has to do that.

i'm not so sure about that - this is really based off one year and that's dangerous to give this kind of length and commitment for that. remember, this guy had to take a sh!tty isles one year offer last year because he was the bottom of the barrel.

i think this is a big overpayment for a franchise that has to do that.

There is some truth to this. But, even with the Islanders he played very good which is why Montreal went after him after Markhov went down. Detroit would have paid big bucks for him, but I think it was the length of the deal that made it for Wiz.

There is some truth to this. But, even with the Islanders he played very good which is why Montreal went after him after Markhov went down. Detroit would have paid big bucks for him, but I think it was the length of the deal that made it for Wiz.

i think detroit has eyes for erhoff, and maybe greene too (on a much smaller scale). i could see greene flourishing in detroit because of how the rest of the team can protect and enhance his ability.

i think detroit has eyes for erhoff, and maybe greene too (on a much smaller scale). i could see greene flourishing in detroit because of how the rest of the team can protect and enhance his ability.

Detroit may have eyes for Erhoff now, since Wiz is off the market as he was their #1 target according the TSN and FAN590.

Not sure about Greene in Detroit.

Wow, big payday for him. Like his style of play, and he showed he can be more responsible when paired correctly on a team that plays defense (MTL, sheltered ANA team years ago)...but this is a hefty contract for one fantastic year. He can play with an edge and he's got a hell of a shot - remember that being touted in his days with Chicago - but this could be a lesser Brian Campbell-esque deal for CBJ if it goes wrong.

That being said, Columbus has definitely put in the effort this off-season to shake up the organization and try to appease the fanbase. Carter comes in to score goals and help Nash, enigmatic Filatov and Voracek moved out, aggressive move for Wisniewski...and $16 mil in cap space to re-sign players and bring in more depth. Top-six forwards are solid, but bottom-six forwards are shaky and their d-corps is still very much a work in progress. Still, steps in the right direction hopefully.