Hello Jello

gisher

Hello all. I'm a long-time Devils fanatic living in Vancouver, BC. I have been following Satan's minions since the mid to late 80's. They are my first love. The Habs are my second love, having grown up in Montreal. But, like any mistress, they always come second. ;)

My all-time favorite player is Stephane Richer. I sure miss seeing #44 out there gliding along the right wing and letting those canons fly. It was great to see some of those blasts against Grant Fuhr at the outdoor Heritage Game in Edmonton earlier this year.

Anyway, cheers. Nice to see so many Devils fans here.

gotta love the old school test pattern !!!

Oh, most definitely... but gisher, hardly anybody has test patterns anymore. Most over-the-air stations have 24-hour programming, and those that don't usually go off the air rather than keeping a test pattern up all night.

And if you want a REALLY old-school test pattern, check out the "Indian Head" pattern from 1939:

http://www.moderntv.com/modtvweb/special/freegif-bw1.htm

And if you want a REALLY old-school test pattern, check out the "Indian Head" pattern from 1939:

I almost wish they'd show this test pattern instead of BlackHawks games on TV :)

Great stuff rowdy !!!

gotta love the old school test pattern !!!

Oh, most definitely... but gisher, hardly anybody has test patterns anymore. Most over-the-air stations have 24-hour programming, and those that don't usually go off the air rather than keeping a test pattern up all night.

bummer ain't it. I miss snow too... it was so creepy after Poltergiest came out! Now all TV/VCRs blue screen out snow :(

the indian head I never knew personally! :evil:

but gisher, hardly anybody has test patterns anymore. Most over-the-air stations have 24-hour programming, and those that don't usually go off the air rather than keeping a test pattern up all night.

Very true. There are some stations that keep the tradition alive, however. The CBC (home of Hockey Night In Canada), for instance, throws on "the bars" come 3AM, or so.

I'm determined to bring test patterns back to all television stations across North America! Down with infomercials!!!! :D

Thanks to everyone for saying hello.

GO DEVILS!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, GA, sorry for the tardy response.

Great to see a Richer fan! Since moving away from Montreal, I have met very few.

I don't know if you got a chance to see him play last November in the outdoor Heritage game in Edmonton, but he looked great. I swear, the guy could have played another year!

I sure miss seeing his elegant puck-handling and booming canons. Certainly one of the top 3 harded shots in the late 80s and early 90s.