Devils 11/12 line combos

Tedenby21

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't want larsson on a power play. i don't think young players in general are particularly adept at it.

I agree with you on the first unit, but I would say its fairly safe he will see 2nd unit PP time. Larsson is said to have a high hockey IQ and is a great passer. Adding a defensemen with a high passing % will no doubt correlate with a higher shooting % on the PP. Maybe I'm off though.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Zajac with Parise isn't rocket science. I think Tedenby along side Kovy could be good as well. Now I don't know the positions from head so will give it a go.

Parise-Zajac-Zub

Kovy-Elias-Tedenby(If so)

clarkson-Josefson-palmeri

Boulton-Steckle-Hunter

Tallinder-Fayne

Greene-TAO/Larrson

White-Volckenkov

Zajac with Parise isn't rocket science. I think Tedenby along side Kovy could be good as well. Now I don't know the positions from head so will give it a go.

Parise-Zajac-Zub

Kovy-Elias-Tedenby(If so)

clarkson-Josefson-palmeri

Boulton-Steckle-Hunter

Tallinder-Fayne

Greene-TAO/Larrson

White-Volckenkov

I think it's foolish to even try and guess anymore. :noclue:

now thinking:

parise-zajac-tedenby

kovalchuk-josefson-palmieri

zubrus-elias-clarkson

boulton-steckel-hunter

zharkov/pelley

volchenkov-taormina

tallinder-fayne

greene-white

fraser

marty

moose

first callups:

henrique for forward

corrente/urbom/larsson (likely in that order) for defense

now thinking:

parise-zajac-tedenby

kovalchuk-josefson-palmieri

zubrus-elias-clarkson

boulton-steckel-hunter

zharkov/pelley

volchenkov-taormina

tallinder-fayne

greene-white

fraser

marty

moose

first callups:

henrique for forward

i wish henrique could make the team

now thinking:

volchenkov-taormina

tallinder-fayne

greene-white

fraser

first callups:

henrique for forward

Just out of curiosity, what makes you say that Fayne will get the slot over Larsson?

Edited by Quinn01

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Just out of curiosity, what makes you say that Fayne will get the slot over Larsson?

That's not the issue my friend. It's Tao in that line-up who will have to beat out larrson for that spot. Fayne basically is penciled in the lineup. Wish Urbom could make it as well. Maybe next year.

here's the players i think are locked in some position or should, then the possibilities. bunch of our players can play different positions so there's lots of flexibility

Parise - Zajac ________(Tedenby/Zubrus/Palmieri)

Kovalchuk - ________(Josefson/Elias) - ___________ (Tedenby/Palmieri/Zubrus)

_________(Tedenby/Elias) - ___________(Josefson/Zubrus/Elias) - Clarkson

(Boulton/Pelley) - (Steckel/Henrique) - (Hunter/Zharkov)

my fav scenario i think as we speak would be:

Parise - Zajac - Tedenby (Parise and Zajac is a no brainer and we should get Tedenby the top line time he need to develop and hopefully become a star for us, i think there's no point bringin him back as a LW even with Rolston gone, our top 2 LW should be lock for a long time and Teddy deserves top 6 minutes)

Kovalchuk - Josefson - Palmieri (the point is to built chemistry between Kovy and JJ... Palmieri has been a good complementary player for Kovie so far and goes in front of the net, so we got a playmaker the scorer/sniper and the screen/garbage guy with size)

Elias - Zubrus - Clarkson (real solid 3rd line that a bunch of teams would drool over im pretty sure)

mehhhhh 4th line...

Edited by SterioDesign

Fayne proved last season that he is an NHL player and his spot is all but guaranteed. I agree that Taormina actually has more to prove than Fayne but I think at the outset, he gets the shot over Larsson.

Kovalchuk - Zajac - Palmieri

Parise - Elias - Zubrus

Tedenby - Josefson - Clarkson

IMO, Teddy and YaYo are nice and promising, but they haven't earned top 6 roles yet. They might earn them very quickly, but Elias was our best player last season. Penciling him in for the third line seems like a crime. Kovy/Zajac/Palmieri worked last year, so why mess with success? Parise is good with anyone, and Elias works well with Zubes. Of course, those are more lines 1A and 1B than 1 and 2. Keep the Swedes together and hope that DeBoer can squeeze some magic out of Clarkson as a bodyguard/net crasher for the skilled kids.

Fourth line and defensive pairings are a crapshoot.

when i was penciling in Elias on the 3rd line, it wasn't "really" a 3rd line. he's going to get PP and PK time so I'm sure he'll get right around 18+ minutes/night.

furthermore, we know that lines will change throughout the season based on who's going and who's not and injuries. the givens are that parise, kovalchuk, zajac and elias are going to lead the forwards in minutes just about every game.

making lines is fun but really - there's almost nothing that will remain static. kovy will hit a slump and play with zajac and there will be times when parise and zajac are magic and PD won't want to break them up and will try JJ w/ Kovy if he and elias aren't working.

Fayne proved last season that he is an NHL player and his spot is all but guaranteed. I agree that Taormina actually has more to prove than Fayne but I think at the outset, he gets the shot over Larsson.

Im not knocking Fayne, I agree that he showed that he can step up and be a full time NHL Dman but Taormina I think has more speed and better puck skills. Its a tough call.

Its not a bad thing to be having this conversation though if you think about it. We have so much talent that can step up and do the job that we cant figure out who would get the slot.

Im sure the pre-season will be the time for Lou to play around and see what and who works well.

Kovalchuk - Zajac - Palmieri

Parise - Elias - Zubrus

Tedenby - Josefson - Clarkson

IMO, Teddy and YaYo are nice and promising, but they haven't earned top 6 roles yet. They might earn them very quickly, but Elias was our best player last season. Penciling him in for the third line seems like a crime. Kovy/Zajac/Palmieri worked last year, so why mess with success? Parise is good with anyone, and Elias works well with Zubes. Of course, those are more lines 1A and 1B than 1 and 2. Keep the Swedes together and hope that DeBoer can squeeze some magic out of Clarkson as a bodyguard/net crasher for the skilled kids.

Fourth line and defensive pairings are a crapshoot.

I see us rolling three solid lines and having them play equally at even strength. That way, we can split up our three best players (Parise, Kovalchuk, Elias) and have a scoring threat everytime we hit the ice. It worked out pretty well in Philly when they separated Richards, Carter/Giroux and Briere

Without Hunter buyout:

Parise-Zajac-Zubrus

Kovalchuk-Elias-Tedenby

Henrique-Josefson-Clarkson

Boulton-Steckel-Hunter

ex: Zharkov, Pelley

Tallinder-Fayne

Greene-Volchenkov

Taormina-White

ex: Fraser

With Hunter buyout:

Parise-Zajac-Zubrus

Kovalchuk-Elias-Tedenby

Boulton-Steckel-Zharkov

ex: Pelley, Janssen

Tri - you're not buying that Palmieri makes the team? You think after last year, Henrique is gonna get the go over him? I suppose it's possible but I wouldn't bet on it.

Henrique plays a different position. Who is Palmieri going to beat out? He's not waiver-eligible and I don't think it's NJ's intent to play him on the bottom 2 lines.

Unless you think NJ moves Tedenby back over to LW, puts Henrique in the minors, and leaves Palmieri up. Yeah, I just don't know. I'm not a huge believer in Palmieri.

Without Hunter buyout:

Parise-Zajac-Zubrus

Kovalchuk-Elias-Tedenby

Boulton-Steckel-Hunter

ex: Zharkov, Pelley

Tallinder-Fayne

Greene-Volchenkov

Taormina-White

ex: Fraser

With Hunter buyout:

Parise-Zajac-Zubrus

Kovalchuk-Elias-Tedenby

Boulton-Steckel-Zharkov

ex: Pelley, Janssen

his line up could be one of the worst I've seen >

Palmieri doesn't make the team despite being the most effective young forward we had last year - in his 43 games he was 4th on the team in goal scoring had the best +/- one of the best corsi ratings and played for a coach that has never been fond of rookies playing top 6 minutes and loves to juggle the lineup YOU DO know its harder to play on the first line than the 3rd or 4th for a rookie ( if you never played hockey maybe you don't know this) Not to mention they won with him playing a top 6 role

Teddy scored 1 goal in his last 27 games of the season so now he gets top 6 minutes ???????? I love Teddy but lets see him dominate in the bottom 6 like a Skinner did last year before we move him to a tougher role

Henrique 13 minutes in the NHL hardly qualifies him for 3rd line duty

Who breaks up Zubrus and Patrick after the second half season results

No Salvador or Larsen