Symptom-free Salvador “right on course”

sundstrom

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/symptom-free_salvador_right_on_course_to_be_ready_for_training_camp_but_taking_each_step_slowly/

There definitely was a time during the 2010-11 season that Bryce Salvador thought his career might be over.

Now, however, the Devils defenseman says he is “really optimistic” and “everything is right on course” for him to be ready for training camp in September.

After missing all of the 2010-11 season with a concussion, Salvador is symptom free and is gradually increasing his physical workload to get back in playing shape while also being cautious not to rush anything. He is skating and working out off the ice in Minnesota with a group of players that includes Devils teammate Zach Parise.

in my mind, if he's working his way back, i really think its for albany or another franchise. i just don't see how he can make the team next year.

Well, this just tosses a wrench into the gears. Now I am considering Larsson playing a few in the lowers? Either way I am ecstatic to hear/read this. I wish him nothing but the best with whatever happens.

Salvador - White

Larrson - Tallinder

Volcehnkov - Taormina.

Its a good point to make though that he will be playing for something smaller then the NHL.

Edited by Quinn01

Well, this just tosses a wrench into the gears. Now I am considering Larsson playing a few in the lowers? Either way I am ecstatic to hear/read this. I wish him nothing but the best with whatever happens.

Salvador - White

Larrson - Tallinder

Volcehnkov - Taormina.

Its a good point to make though that he will be playing for something smaller then the NHL.

Don't forget Greene too.

But I agree. Now we're stuck with too many on D. And I was hoping a lot of the younger guys would get some play time. Maybe Lou can somehow find a taker for Sal and maybe White.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Volchenkov-White

Tallinder-Fayne

Salvador-Greene

Taormina/Corrente

I guess this would be okay?

I like this set-up alot. Hope this can work out.

---But Salvador will not be the same as he used to be. He will play alot differently most apt, but might need to play in Albany or maybe go to another team(Florida, Toronto, Dallas?) I wish him the best and hope to see him play again.

Edited by BelieveinBrodeur

Volchenkov-White

Tallinder-Fayne

Salvador-Greene

Taormina/Corrente

I guess this would be okay?

Replace Fayne with Taormina and I would be happy with that. Salvador, pre injury, was a great asset to the defense, I dont know how this injury will effect his game. I hope it doesnt at all but we all know that once you get a few screws knocked loose, youre never the same.

Edited by Quinn01

Replace Fayne with Taormina and I would be happy with that. Salvador, pre injury, was a great asset to the defense, I dont know how this injury will effect his game. I hope it doesnt at all but we all know that once you get a few screws knocked loose, youre never the same.

i think fayne has better game than tao... although we didn't get a good look at tao cause of the injury, but i think fayne has better skill

I wonder what does that mean. Taormina is loosing his spot ? I can't see Lou keeping Salvador after the nice season Fayne had and the things Tao showed. I guess we are nearing a trade. We have too much in D without having that PMD we need and I think that playing Salvador at 2.9m is really a waste of Cap space.

I'm ok with having this kind of strength in our D-corps at this time of year. It's great news that Sally is on the mend - I'm sure we all wish him the best and hope he gets back to NHL gametime this season. Those narrowly missing the full squad will become stars in Albany, and will get their opportunities to be called up through the season if/when we pick up injuries. Same deal really for our goalies, who will have to be patient for another season bar injuries.

Salvador makes too much money and brings too little. Lou will figure out a way to dispose of him.

Unfortunately agree.

Love the guy, plays with a ton of heart. But I just can't imagine that he'll be the player he used to be after sitting out an entire year at his age. IIRC he was not working out for most of it as well so...

Maybe Lou will see if he can find an NHL opportunity for him should be show he can play. I'd rather give his spot to one of the many other options

Salvador makes too much money and brings too little. Lou will figure out a way to dispose of him.

He has one year left and with the vast over payment of defense this free agency he looks like an ok contract now at less then 3 million so he could get moved.

Edited by roomtemp

I don't get how people are locking taromina in a roster spot after 17 games. Yeah he showed some good things but I'm not locking him at all.

I don't think he has a spot locked up, but he did nothing in those 17 games to suggest that he deserves a demotion, and in fact showed good potential before the injury. That said, Fayne played more games and solidified his spot further, so if it comes down to those two, then there's no doubt that the spot goes to Fayne. But I think both deserve a place on the starting roster.

I don't think he has a spot locked up, but he did nothing in those 17 games to suggest that he deserves a demotion, and in fact showed good potential before the injury. That said, Fayne played more games and solidified his spot further, so if it comes down to those two, then there's no doubt that the spot goes to Fayne. But I think both deserve a place on the starting roster.

Taormina doesnt deserve anything. He would have to earn any roster spot just like any other AHL player. Especially after his 17 games of mistakes and our depth at D.

Salvador was off to a horrible camp last year and after a full year off, I can't see him making the NHL. He is working towards a gig with Albany to get his money.

At $2.9M that is a lot of money sitting in Albany. Just don't see that if Salvador is healthy and ready to play. Something has to be done about Salvador and his $2.9M. If he does stay in Albany then Lou should try to move or trade him if any team would want him.