Prospect Camp Thread

ZeroGravityFat

Hey man I have nothing to do this week, so I'd be happy to organize something for Friday if other people would go with me.. Although my fear would be that on Friday the blinds would be down lol

If other people are interested, I'd be happy to get this thing going.. You're right though, it takes stuff like this to get progress

I know thats always the trouble, but you might still get seen i guess.

Keep making noise, hopefully someone who can do something will hear!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I win the free lunch with Scott Stevens I'll be up there... I want to try Casa Vasca. We've been trying to get up there but there's always some house or animal emergency that needs seeing to. Stuck endlessly at the Ship in (yes I just wrote in...) INN --- every Friday night..

:mellow: I digress....

Edited by Pepperkorn

i was there today - stood outside and watched 20 minutes from the glass windows.

kinda looked like a beer hockey league game.

not a ton of battles or anything like that.

while i was watching, a strength coach was going to his car and told me even THEY weren't allowed to watch practice.

he made the comment "lou keeps this tight - notice that they're all clean shaven."

I was actually going suggest getting a big group together and just stand outside and get noticed. Even if you don't get in that day it'll show you care and possibly get an open practice or two for everyone

I was actually going suggest getting a big group together and just stand outside and get noticed. Even if you don't get in that day it'll show you care and possibly get an open practice or two for everyone

i was there today - stood outside and watched 20 minutes from the glass windows.

kinda looked like a beer hockey league game.

not a ton of battles or anything like that.

while i was watching, a strength coach was going to his car and told me even THEY weren't allowed to watch practice.

he made the comment "lou keeps this tight - notice that they're all clean shaven."

I would imagine he doesnt want them to hurt eachother, however it should be some what aggressive. Interesting that he doesnt let the other specific coaches watch. I wounder why that is....I dont have a problem with the clean shaven rule, wants them to be professional looking. Hes not just whipping them into shape on the ice, hes also doing it off ice. Its hard to think back and see if I can remember if any Devil besides being in the playoff wasnt clean shaven.....

lol, well to be fair it's not like a strength coach is going to be breaking down film or evaluating players.

Clean shaven is a team rule. As is wearing a suit during team related things, I believe.

I knew about the suit thing but I wasnt aware of the clean shaven rule.

*Yes there is a clean shaven rule among the team in general.

What is the reasoning behind closed practices? Is it the fear of news getting out? Someone telling the players different playing styles other then what Lou and his minions have agreed upon? Other teams filming to get a leg up?

I never understood closed practices.

What is the reasoning behind closed practices? Is it the fear of news getting out? Someone telling the players different playing styles other then what Lou and his minions have agreed upon? Other teams filming to get a leg up?

I never understood closed practices.

As I explained earlier, Lou doesn't want anyone stealing the likes of Darcy Zajac or McMullen Jr from us. I mean, this secret stuff is how he kept steals like Pikkarainen from the prying eyes of other GM's.

I would imagine he doesnt want them to hurt eachother, however it should be some what aggressive. Interesting that he doesnt let the other specific coaches watch. I wounder why that is....I dont have a problem with the clean shaven rule, wants them to be professional looking. Hes not just whipping them into shape on the ice, hes also doing it off ice. Its hard to think back and see if I can remember if any Devil besides being in the playoff wasnt clean shaven.....

Kovalchuks season-round stuble last season.

I think tomorrow I'll go down to Championship Plaza for that open air cafe thing they just started and then try to catch a little of the afternoon scrimmage, although TG said that tomorrow's schedule will be different so maybe my plan will go to hell