No Head Coach This week

brodeur14301991

The Devils will conduct their development camp this week without a head coach, but general manager Lou Lamoriello expects to hire one shortly after it’s over.

“It won’t be long,” Lamoriello told me. “(But) it won’t be this week.”

Mods feel free to lock this if you feel it's not needed

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/no_head_coach_for_devils_this_week/#comments

The Devils will conduct their development camp this week without a head coach, but general manager Lou Lamoriello expects to hire one shortly after it’s over.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/no_head_coach_for_devils_this_week/#comments

When asked about how long until he allows the fans to come watch 1 scrimmage of development camp, Lou said, "It won't be long, but it won't be this week."

I know, I know.... :horse:

When asked about how long until he allows the fans to come watch 1 scrimmage of development camp, Lou said, "It won't be long, but it won't be this week."

I know, I know.... :horse:

Maybe the Generals should offer to be security for the day, free of charge.

Maybe the Generals should offer to be security for the day, free of charge.

Not a bad idea actually.. I'd be happy to do it although I can't speak for everyone.. It's pretty obvious that the fans desperately want this, so I'd volunteer

http://blogs.northje..._week/#comments

Read through the comments, loved the pne about the peas :)

I would not be shocked about Robinson, but Kowalsky has no resume yet, he still has a long way to go to becoming an NHL ready coach. But I doubt it will be either of those. If Hitchcock is brought in to coach Devils, I think at least Robinson stays on as assistant. Oates I think will be assigned to Special Assignment Coach. I think the Head Coach will come from outside the organization.

Or IF he hires a coach...I'm starting to be paranoid enough to believe the rumor here a while back about how Lou's out once the ownership situation's settled and that's why nothing of substance has happened yet. Delaying one thing can be explained away but delays on EVERYthing are a bit unsettling.

Or IF he hires a coach...I'm starting to be paranoid enough to believe the rumor here a while back about how Lou's out once the ownership situation's settled and that's why nothing of substance has happened yet. Delaying one thing can be explained away but delays on EVERYthing are a bit unsettling.

I completely agree with this. Only because there has to be a reason why no coaches are being interviewed, and nothing of importance going on with the Parise signing. If you were looking to hire a coach, you would at least talk to the candidates. I know I would. So I think the ownership situation has a lot to do with it.

The only other thing I can think of is that Lou is telling these guys "keep your mouth shut or you are off the list"

I completely agree with this. Only because there has to be a reason why no coaches are being interviewed, and nothing of importance going on with the Parise signing. If you were looking to hire a coach, you would at least talk to the candidates. I know I would. So I think the ownership situation has a lot to do with it.

The only other thing I can think of is that Lou is telling these guys "keep your mouth shut or you are off the list"

Well the coach nonsense is one thing but there's also been zero movement with Zach, Larsson or any trades that Lou basically said would happen

When have EVER heard Lou talk about the interview process when it comes to a coach? I'm sure he's done what he's always done- conducted interviews behind the scenes while warning the candidates to talk at the risk of not being considered anymore.

That sounds a bit too unprofessional for someone like Lou, though. Pulling the "I'm not going to do my job because I think I'm about to be canned" card doesn't strike me as something Lou would approve of, let alone do himself.

That's got to be it. We all know how Lou hates it when the media gets wind of what he's doing.

TG/Chere Addressing the Big Bird rumors:

TGfireandice Tom Gulitti

Larry Robinson said Lou Lamoriello hasn't spoken to him at all about the team's head coaching vacancy.

Ledger_NJDevils Rich Chere

When I suggested he could be the new coach, Robinson said: "So, I should get prepared then?"

- Cute

i have to agree with the comment made earlier that lou probably has all the coaches tight-lipped. i don't think lou has ever rushed into anything so i rather wait and have him make the right choice. i think the media is just impatient with the devils because they havent picked a coach and are just spinning stories just to put out some piece of news on the team

If it wasn't lou we were talking about, it would seem as if he (or the media) was floating the coaching candidates with the rumors we have heard to get an idea of what the media/fans think about that particular candidate. But we all know Lou doesn't really give about who we think would be good for the job.

If it wasn't lou we were talking about, it would seem as if he (or the media) was floating the coaching candidates with the rumors we have heard to get an idea of what the media/fans think about that particular candidate. But we all know Lou doesn't really give about who we think would be good for the job.

Thank god he doesn't. That's like going to a message board for surgical advice.

That sounds a bit too unprofessional for someone like Lou, though. Pulling the "I'm not going to do my job because I think I'm about to be canned" card doesn't strike me as something Lou would approve of, let alone do himself.

I'm thinking more in terms of not being allowed to do his job, possibly he's been told he can't give out any long-term deals or trade players just yet because of the ownership flux. All we've done is status quo this offseason, decisions about the future of the franchise (Parise, Larsson, the coach) haven't been made yet.

I said I was probably being paranoid but something doesn't pass the smell test this offseason. After Lou admitted we needed a PMD and said we'd have to subtract to add and 'it will be done' (which is un-Lou like in itself) all we've heard are crickets. The coach thing keeps getting delayed forever, the Parise thing's taken forever when we've had months to negotiate with him and now we're hearing quotes like 'I'll take a one-year deal' from him, even Larsson's going down to the last few minutes after every indication was they wanted to sign him and give him a shot either to make the big team or play in Albany.

We know why everyone and their grandmother's denying being interviewed by the Devils, the point is why is it taking this insanely long to actually choose someone? In an offseason where we had more time than ever to go coach-searching. If it was just the coach thing it'd be annoying but you'd have to assume there was a reason. The fact that Lou's becoming last-minute Lou on everything is a bit telling though.

Edited by NJDevs4978