Sherbatov breakaway goal

No he is wearing Israel's jersey and you can see the IIHF logo in the corner, it's not from a beer league.

And he definitely wasn't trying to make a drop pass. He was on a breakaway and there were two guys from the other team that would have had to somehow miss the puck for it to get to his teammate.

I think you need to turn your sarcasm box on. I think it's under internet options. :boogie:

Still doesn't beat the Malik S/O goal:

This is so much better on so many levels including the fact that it's against Ollie Kolzig and it f'in Marek Malik!

While I think this move is unsportsmanlike, it definitely takes much more practice than Malik's goal.

Yeah, but you're talking about Defensive Defenseman Marek Malik making a circus shot against Vezina winner Olaf Kolzig in a sudden death shootout. It's far and above better than a breakaway goal in a D2 league game where the guy scoring the goal is on a team winning like 26-0. There's no pressure and he's got nothing left to lose.

Yeah, but you're talking about Defensive Defenseman Marek Malik making a circus shot against Vezina winner Olaf Kolzig in a sudden death shootout. It's far and above better than a breakaway goal in a D2 league game where the guy scoring the goal is on a team winning like 26-0. There's no pressure and he's got nothing left to lose.

I guess the scenario was more impressive, but even I can do the Malik move and I know lots of others who can, it isn't that difficult. He was just the first that had the balls to do it in an NHL shootout.

Edited by devilsfan26

While I think this move is unsportsmanlike, it definitely takes much more practice than Malik's goal.

Unsportsmanlike? Scoring pretty goals is bad because it makes the goalie look bad?? :P

This was an awesome goal! Amazing hands. :)

Unsportsmanlike? Scoring pretty goals is bad because it makes the goalie look bad?? :P

This was an awesome goal! Amazing hands. :)

Nothing wrong with pretty goals, but hot dog plays like this that just show up the opposing team is unsportsmanlike, especially because they were winning by so much at the time.

Agreed. Old time hockey code. Respect the game.

That doesn't make any sense at all. If anything it's a celebration of the game! It's a deke like any other, just more awesome. This move is almost guaranteed to confused the hell out of any goalie, even in the NHL. (The first time at least. :D)

That doesn't make any sense at all. If anything it's a celebration of the game! It's a deke like any other, just more awesome. This move is almost guaranteed to confused the hell out of any goalie, even in the NHL. (The first time at least. :D)

If you think this is like any other deke then I don't know what to tell you.

The fact that Israel has a national team is pretty cool to me.. I looked it up and saw that even Kuwait has a national team.. It's just really cool to see the sport growing, especially in countries known for being hot.. It's great for the sport