1. 1. Who will Lou move?

• Brian Rolston
    • David Clarkson
    • Dainius Zubrus
    • Bryce Salvador
    • Andy Greene
    • Henrik Tallinder
    • Bigger deal/shocker (Parise traded, Zajac, etc) explain

let's say we keep Rolston... Lou would have showed some ULTIMATE loyalty kinda... if you forget about the waivers last year lol

but then should Lou try to re-sign him? i mean Rolston is still pretty good on the PK and an alright player with a big shot but he knows that his contract didnt help his situation and really didnt help ours... so do you think to compensate that he'd be willing to take a really low contract? i think that'd be fair but i mean real low like....1.5m cap hit or something lol

well no one is going to pick rolston, that's why i said what i said. we all hope it would be roly but it's not happening.

We also said no one would pick up Malakhov and that wasn't quite true was it ;-)

Hopefully Eric Boulton

halfsharkalligatorhalfman, when I read this statement: "Hopefully Eric Boulton," I all but shot about 6 ounces of rum and coke out of my nose. I'm actually still laughing. Nice work.

Can't see it being anyone other than Rolston, Clarkson, and\or Zubrus. When you weigh value-vs-performance, it really starts and ends there for me. 3 players who combined for 39 goals last season, and are making over 11 million collectively? :unsure:

..not trying to say that production is everything, but I'd be shocked if anyone other than those 3 gets moved.

People can continue to beat up on Rolston. He will still be here and probably will be our third highest goal scorer.

We can't afford to trade him.

Kovy, parise and elias definireky ahead of rolston in goals. Zajac and maybe even tedenby also. But i agree, unless it's a cap necessity, which doesn't seem to be the case, or some team is actualky giving something useful in return, he ought to stay. Plus, even though he's 38(?) it is a contract year.

Also, i'm not on the dump clarkson or zubrus bandwagon. They're decent albeit overpaid players that fill needs. The cap problems basically go away with salvador and you don't have that much longer on zubrus or clarkson's deals. I wouldn't be so quick to do a malakhov-esque salary dump.

i seriously can't wait to see how Zach's contract unfold... cause seriously... if you go to the store wanting to buy a big screen tv but that you're tight in your budget... the way i'd do it...

i'd buy the tv then buy other stuff with the rest of the money, than im safe, if i dont have enough money for some of the less important stuff well wtv... as long i have my tv which is what i need the most

i just don't see the logic of buying... 10 shirts, dog food, dvds, new pillows, hairspray, a printer, books for my mom, etc etc... knowing that then i wouldnt have enough money for the tv... but wtv... i still buy all that and endup not having enough money so i have to think about returning some stuff or try to sell some of my older stuff. Not knowing for SURE if i'll be able to sell it and get back the money i need for my TV...

Well last year Lou bought the TV and then couldn't sell anything else so we were over budget to start the season :P

I don't think they're in as much cap trouble as people think - they have about 7.5 million of space not counting Salvador and adding in Boulton plus the expected figures of Taormina and a seventh d-man to have a completely full roster other than Zach but I do think (hope?) Lou wants to do a trade just the same to avoid walking the tightrope again. Not to mention we can't upgrade anything later on without wiggle room.

Edited by NJDevs4978

With the cap floor being $48 million and per Capgeek.com there's still the Isles, Avs, Preds, Jets and Yotes that need to hit it.

So those are potential destinations for guys like Rolston, Zubrus or Clarkson. Unfortunately all of those guys are playing on the right wing last I knew.

Possible cheaper replacements for them on the roster are Palmieri, Tedenby, and...? I'm guessing Clarkson stays to fill the 3rd line RW spot and either Rolston or Zuby goes.

So now between those 2 Rolston plays the right point on the PP. If Larsson was left handed I'd say Rolston goes, but he's not so we still need a good shot (good meaning hard, but apparently not accurate..at all) from right point for the PP. Our only other offensive option really on the right point for the PP is Greene.

Zubrus is versatile and can play center, but we have a log jam at centers now with Josefson, Elias, Zajac, Pelley, Steckel.

Conclusion, Zubrus goes.

Edited by JesterDevil

People can continue to beat up on Rolston. He will still be here and probably will be our third highest goal scorer.

We can't afford to trade him.

How? He had 2 crap years followed by 1 DECENT, not great, year playing LW with ELias feeding him and getting huge pp time. We now have Parise coming back (hopefully), which makes him the 3rd LW, and he's yet to produce here playing with anyone but superior linemates. Do you really want to fvck with Yayo's development saddling him with Rolston if he's ineffective? I don't. I think he'll still be on the roster, but even ignoring the cap hit, he's not a necessity.

I don't see us getting rid of Zubrus and Clarkson, it makes us to thin at RW, already our weakest forward position. I think the return of Cam makes Clarkson less vital. I know Cam's a 4th liner and Clarkson can do more, but when Clarkson was our only fighter, he was necessary. Now he's a luxury, and an overpaid one at that. I like him, but I think other teams would take him, and I'd just as soon not lose our chance to lock Zach up or go into this season with the cap nightmare of last year to keep him.

While I'd be fine with losing him, especially since he's expensive and Fayne stepped it up big time to solidify the blue line last year, I don't get the desire to dump Sal. He was the best player on our d 2 years ago (since Martin was hurt), including White. If he's healthy, that's a huge addition. Suddenly, you have 3 really good pairings, plus Taormina, which gives you trade flexibility later. I wouldn't bury Sal or dump him for a low round pick. I'd be happy to trade him, but if the right deal doesn't come along, he's more of an asset than lots of guys on this team.

My guess Neverson has Salvador, Taoromina, and Janssen counting against the active roster. We can't carry that many players and Salvador and Janssen are unlikely to make the team. Taormina could perhaps make the team, but it will be at the expense of Fayne or Corrente that makes it a wash money wise. Sal plus Tao plus Janssen equals 4 million. Add that to the 4 million he says we have in cap space and you get about 8 million. So 8 million is what we actually have in cap space to sign Parise. Plenty of room. Remember you can't carry more than 23 men on the active roster.

The only way we move someone at this point is if it is a hockey trade. Meaning we move the player to fill another hole on the team. For example we move a forward for a defensemen.

Edited by jkrdevil

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Looks like Eric Gelinas has a chance of making the team. Great experience going to the Memorial Cup and he played excellent put up great numbers during his season and Play-Off season as-well. Alot of young guys that can play for us this year or within the next 2. A good problem to have.

Looks like Eric Gelinas has a chance of making the team. Great experience going to the Memorial Cup and he played excellent put up great numbers during his season and Play-Off season as-well. Alot of young guys that can play for us this year or within the next 2. A good problem to have.

Not this year. Could also see him as a trade chip.