Fantasy Football Draft 2011

aylbert

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm glad the lockout is close enough to being over that we can talk fantasy again.

Odin be Praised. I got rid of my sports package after the NHL draft and I don't even read the sports page these days, so the mere suggestion of fantasy football is welcomed.

I did the rosters already at the end of last year:

http://www.njdevs.co...ndpost&p=973343

Maybe we ought to wait till the lockout's officially over before getting into this but we never really did decide what to do with keepers from two seasons ago, just in case anyone wants to keep AP or Rice again.

Nice. I forgot you did that. At least I pulled yahoo's rosters and the draft results I had on file and just vlookup'd everything... It would have been a bitch if I did that completely by hand when it was already done! :)

I'm not looking to start the season, but was more so interested in at least looking over the roster, etc of last year... especially since I didn't know we already had a break down.

As always the people who were in the league (at the end of the season :P ) get first crack to come back, I think all 12 are coming back....I would think so.....(and it'd be nice for Laflamme to get a DRAFT for once :lol: )

If I remember right, the majority vote was you get to keep one guy from last year's roster at the cost of forefeiting the draft pick of when you took the guy (or the last round pick if you're keeping a guy off the waiver wire)....but yeah let's get a signed and ready CBA, then we can go nuts with the best 3 weeks on NJDevs B )

I am surprised that you can hear anything with your head being up your a$ and all.

Oh MIGHTY Manta-Vision, please guide me to have a team as dominant at WR as the Pop-Gun Ravens are!!!!:boogie:

Oh MIGHTY Manta-Vision, please guide me to have a team as dominant at WR as the Pop-Gun Ravens are!!!!:boogie:

That was the best you could do? Did you just cut and paste that from two years ago??? I guess I will have to expect another dig at Trent Dilfer as our QB next.

ME actually getting a draft up in here?! Preposterous! Well the first time i took a team over i got 1/3 of a draft, at least :P But yes. I am in, lol.

Draft Favre with your first pick... it would be Bledsoe worthy!

Well hopefully the fantasy league can get up and running soon so we can get people signed up, choose our keepers/draft order and still fit in our usual two and a half week draft crunch :P

Are keepers from two years back eligible (i.e. AP, Rice, etc)? Not that I care since I'm not using it on Benson again but it might affect some teams, hence the asterisk by them in the original post with their previous year's keeper value. I'd rather have each keeper be a one-year thing personally.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I think we actually had a vote at one point, it was five votes for one-year keepers at the same draft position, five votes for various other options and two non-votes (Clown and dr I think), I'll have to bump it up though.

EDIT: Found the poll, I was almost right - the missing votes were Clown and DevsMJ - so if the two missing votes want to vote to finish it off fine since five's not a majority or even half (with the commish's vote breaking any 'tie') but it's going to win among those choices.

Keeper Poll

Edited by NJDevs4978

I think we actually had a vote at one point, it was five votes for one-year keepers at the same draft position, five votes for various other options and two non-votes (Clown and dr I think), I'll have to bump it up though.

EDIT: Found the poll, I was almost right - the missing votes were Clown and DevsMJ - so if the two missing votes want to vote to finish it off fine since five's not a majority or even half (with the commish's vote breaking any 'tie') but it's going to win among those choices.

Keeper Poll

Voted.

So excited for Eli & Co to tear apart the league this year.

Well with the sixth vote including the commish and nothing else having more than two, I'd say it looks like keepers are only eligible for one year at time, at the cost of the draft pick where they were drafted (so guys who were kept last year like AP, Brees, etc aren't eligible this year).

Edited by NJDevs4978