Fantasy Football Draft 2011

aylbert

Well with the sixth vote including the commish and nothing else having more than two, I'd say it looks like keepers are only eligible for one year at time, at the cost of the draft pick where they were drafted (so guys who were kept last year like AP, Brees, etc aren't eligible this year).

I still have no idea what that poll says... I'm not arguing the end result... but it should have been a simple yes/no to start/end the debate.

ie:

Poll Question: Should you be able to keep a player longer than one season.

Yes - At a cost to be later determined

No - Under no circumstances can a play be kept over multiple seasons

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

but it should have been a simple yes/no to start/end the debate.

I'd still vote NO

I'd still vote NO

I know there are definitely yes/no's out there... and from what I gather, I think its split slightly in favor of no... but a definitive yes/no poll would change think to know. :)

I'm likely gambling on Kolb this season... even as a backup QB for my 15th.

I know there are definitely yes/no's out there... and from what I gather, I think its split slightly in favor of no... but a definitive yes/no poll would change think to know. :)

I'm likely gambling on Kolb this season... even as a backup QB for my 15th.

I don't see how it's not definitive when 7/11 picked both one-year options and both same-round keeper value options. Especially when in a five option poll one was picked by at least half the league. Yeah it probably would have been better as two polls but there was a consensus.

I don't see how it's not definitive when 7/11 picked both one-year options and both same-round keeper value options.

But I agree with that choice: "No player may be kept two seasons in a row, at the cost of where he was drafted "

A player should be kept two seasons at an increasing cost; not the cost of where he was drafted.

The poll was far too ambigious to me to be clear... to be honest, I'm not even sure if I picked the right option myself.

"Keep a player where you got him at cost of draft pick divded by 2 (8th round pick, 4th round cost)"

edit: And like I said, I'm going with Kolb... I still believe in him. Kolb to Larry Fitzgerald every Sunday.

Edited by aylbert

Well the stragglers who haven't signed up need to do so (or be replaced), then I suppose CRASHER will do the order draw to pick draft positions and start the ball rolling, then declare keepers after the draft order. We probably need to start the draft itself by the 21st/22nd to have the same amount of time as normal - i.e. just barely enough time.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Well the stragglers who haven't signed up need to do so (or be replaced), then I suppose CRASHER will do the order draw to pick draft positions and start the ball rolling, then declare keepers after the draft order. We probably need to start the draft itself by the 21st/22nd to have the same amount of time as normal - i.e. just barely enough time.

He.... Gets it!!!

I want to be hitting the "start league" button when I go to have my money league draft hours before the season starts B )

Let people take the next week to sign up and then LET THE DRAMA ENSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He.... Gets it!!!

I want to be hitting the "start league" button when I go to have my money league draft hours before the season starts B )

Let people take the next week to sign up and then LET THE DRAMA ENSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no benefit to this. The key players are drafted well beforehand... so we're waiting til the last minute to draft a random kicker or defense?

Starting as late as possible makes sense to avoid fluke injuries, but I think there really should be diminishing time allotment past round 8 or 10.

He.... Gets it!!!

Problem is last year the draft order and keepers took forever because that part of it started before August iirc and some people took days to decide. So we're gonna have to move more crisply this year just to be on time for draft madness.

I gotta go check if I got the "Hay your league is starting up" email. Then I gotta go try to remember my password and call sign. I'm completely brainless right now. All loopy from dentist today. yes.gif

yeah, def gonna need an email invite or a link posted as I tried to view njdevs FANATSY league and it told me I aint in the league. dontknow.gif

There is no benefit to this. The key players are drafted well beforehand... so we're waiting til the last minute to draft a random kicker or defense?

Starting as late as possible makes sense to avoid fluke injuries, but I think there really should be diminishing time allotment past round 8 or 10.

You've not been in a league where i have a FIVE YEAR streak of your first round pick ending up on IR by week 4 :P

And even more then ever this year, there are still some significant free agents out there that are un-signed.....and this is gonna be a serious year for training camp injuries with everyone hurrying into camp....when given a chance I lean to the side of paranoia when it comes to that stuff!

Masked, PM on the way with the league info just in case

I think the only person who didn't sign up again already is U-Dog, right?

You've not been in a league where i have a FIVE YEAR streak of your first round pick ending up on IR by week 4 :P

And even more then ever this year, there are still some significant free agents out there that are un-signed.....and this is gonna be a serious year for training camp injuries with everyone hurrying into camp....when given a chance I lean to the side of paranoia when it comes to that stuff!

If you had your 1st round pick on IR from training camp, I can understand your paranoia. Week 4, nothing you can do about that.

Like I said, I'm all for delaying the draft for as long as possible, but also, all for finishing it PRIOR to opening day (the day before is fine). Take your time in the first 8 rounds, speed rounds thereafter.