Fantasy Football Draft 2011

aylbert

CMOOONNNN HAVING ANOTHER SNACK!!!!!!!!

Oh crap, we gotta wait til after a Crasher snack? See yas tomorrow. rolleyes.gif

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now, now aylbert. Crasher is entitled to take the full blahblah.gifblahblah.gifblahblah.gifblahblah.gif

So, anyway. How 'bout next year we use an 8 hour clock with the same dead time? I'll take a vote?

I don't think an 8hr clock resolves much... the average is at 2:38 clock adjusted (far right column), well below the 12hr or 8 hr clocks. It's the spikes of delays that kill us.

LOTCB is very close to the 8hr mark, then it drops to Manta/DevsMJ as the 2nd tier of delay of about 5 hrs per pick... after that, the speed is all under 3 hours average... which is rather reasonable.

That doesn't mean we need everyone to check here every 3 hours, but just the basic things... if you know your up, keep an eye out more... the 3 hour average is more a mix of 10min-1 hour picks mixed with 7-8 hour picks.

gallery_186_14_166253.jpg

The current clock is fine, especially with three weeks in a fourteen-round draft and now everyone having more than one mode of contact. You can't control natural disasters, the holiday weekend lull or if people want to abuse the clock to make sure the draft ends two hours before the season though :P

Since I'll be gone tomorrow afternoon and obviously won't be around to set my lineup (assuming we even have a Week 1 lineup lol), this is my formal request to put all my high picks in after the draft gets finished: QB - Romo, RB - McFadden, MJD, WR - Wallace, Holmes, Flex - Beanie, TE - Daniels, DEF - Bears, K - whoever I get autodrafted. If I have injuries between Week 1 and Week 2, that's my tough noogies. I don't expect CRASHER to babysit my lineup for the duration, but I might be able to check sporadically enough to make a change anyway.

ayl will take care of my autopicks with a PM tomorrow since he doesn't have any skill position players left to draft other than a TE.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Or the fact that when the timing matches up we can get 8 picks done at the same time with one phone call as well.....

Speaking of :P

Me: Donald Driver (WR-GB ...how the hell was HE still around....), Hunter Kendall (RB-SF)

Brian: Zach Miller (TE-Sea), woo.... woo.... woo??

The clock numbers are irrelevant. They are a hodgepodge of numbers that don't factor in overnight picks, weekend picks, nor the fact that some of us did not access due to power failures. Nor the fact that Clown is in different time zone.

1) It does in fact factor in overnight picks... that's what the far right column indicates.

2) Weekend picks are something you made up... it's ridiculous that you can't be bothered to check on it. Everyone else can. I'm taking you won't be adjusting your roster after Friday because you're too cool to do it?

3) Clown has several picks where the previous pick was made the night before (night picks are in his favor, since he's 3 hours behind); but he didn't pick until the following night. That's can't be caused by a 3 hour time shift, Clown takes longer to pick because of his own personal life, board habits, etc.

4) The hurricane and it's related issues is a completely understandable delay. But the problem existed before the hurricane and exists for those who were not affected by the hurricane. That's not to say the hurricane and its aftermath didn't cause delay, but it's definitely being blamed more than it should be.

Edited by aylbert

I don't think an 8hr clock resolves much... the average is at 2:38 clock adjusted (far right column), well below the 12hr or 8 hr clocks. It's the spikes of delays that kill us.

LOTCB is very close to the 8hr mark, then it drops to Manta/DevsMJ as the 2nd tier of delay of about 5 hrs per pick... after that, the speed is all under 3 hours average... which is rather reasonable.

That doesn't mean we need everyone to check here every 3 hours, but just the basic things... if you know your up, keep an eye out more... the 3 hour average is more a mix of 10min-1 hour picks mixed with 7-8 hour picks.

gallery_186_14_166253.jpg

I must say Im doing a horrible job so far...I should be CLOSER to 8 hrs! :clap:

Me: Donald Driver (WR-GB ...how the hell was HE still around....)

Are you using a 2007 draft guide? http://jameslincolnray.suite101.com/2007-top-fantasy-wide-receivers-a24876

Chad Johnson (sine when do we call him "Ochocinco"; that's not even how you say 85 in Spanish) is a beast. Driver and Ward are great... and I think Calvin Johnson will be a great rookie for you!

I must say Im doing a horrible job so far...I should be CLOSER to 8 hrs! :clap:

I know... you got 19 extra mins to push it :D

Marauders select the new and improved rebuilt bionic kicker Stephen Gostkowski

wgylv.jpg

Looking for another 75 PAT's and 40 FG's. Is that greedy? Too bad I want em!! smilydev.gif

Braylon Edwards, WR, SF

I was wondering just how far he'd drop. I would have taken him with either of my last two picks, but needed Jones more and Gronk was just too good a value to pass up.

My autopicks are taken care of, my lineup request was posted earlier in this thread yesterday at 8:04 AM...adios all until Week 3 :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

So, anyway. How 'bout next year we use an 8 hour clock with the same dead time? I'll take a vote?

NOT HAPPENING (I was asked to be a commish and put my foot down...so here's the stomp :P)....we have not yet ONCE not had the draft end in time to hit the start league button for week one and we won't this year either, the time frame is FINE...in fact I still think we start too early and the more pre-season games we can put in the dust before we pick the better, I am not responsible for your paranoia's not attention span issues....go pop a pill or see a therapist :P

we have not yet ONCE not had the draft end in time to hit the start league button for week one

Well... one season, you did have to set rosters because it was after kickoff of the first game. :)

We come very close to the deadline every year, and I think it's the paranoid worries that rush the thing along to finish just in time. If there was less slacking on some picks, there would be no need for the rushing paranoia... while having a much more even flow in getting picks done. I would love if we could push the start of the draft for as late as possible; if we were consistantly faster it could be justified to start the draft 2 weeks before the season rather than 3, etc.

And yes... the commish needs to STOMP :D

Edited by aylbert