Fantasy Football Draft 2011

aylbert

Rubbish!!!

This "alternative contact" method would have been USELESS. I had no means of receiving this "alternative contact" nor responding to it.

Admittedly I had no way of knowing that when I 'voted' against the repick initially, that's really the main reason why I objected since others lost power too but generally had a Plan B.

Edited by NJDevs4978

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A text message saying: no power out, dealing with the hurricane would suffice.

Brilliant, provided one has a means to send said message. My thought's didn't venture towards Fantasy Football by the time my phone was dead. I mistakenly, assumed it was more important to get emergency information than drafting a football player.

Silly me.

I'm glad Manta is ok too. I was less concerned because he was on at 11AM Sunday, and most everyone I know who lost power, lost it before then.

BTW, Clock is 12 hours... and freezes from 12a-6a... So essentially 18 hours if the pick before you is made between 12:00PM - 12am Midnite

If I was on at 11am, that was pure accident via my touchscreen phone.

This is just getting silly.

It's agreed its a meaningless draft when you are dealing with a hurricane.

So why, when you can come back... you are upset you were placed on autodraft when you had more important issues to deal with?

What determines when autodrafts are done? If I need to go on a business trip, do we suspend until I come back?

I'm not arguing that you should be focused on the draft no matter what. But when the 'what' happens... don't be upset that you were autodrafted. That's the point of the auto draft.

Actually it's Udx's lol

Further lost, its Laflamme's... I picked UDX's pick at 11:14am :)

So why, when you can come back... you are upset you were placed on autodraft when you had more important issues to deal with?

What determines when autodrafts are done? If I need to go on a business trip, do we suspend until I come back?

Because the last correspondence I read on this site was a debate on suspending the time limit in the face of the hurricane.

So when I came back it looked like nothing was decided or the conversation was just ignored. I just wanted my pick back due to extenuating circumstances.

A business trip and a natural disaster are two different things.

Further lost, its Laflamme's... I picked UDX's pick at 11:14am :)

Really??

Posted Today, 11:14 AM

That said, Masked PM'd me his pick before this fiasco. He selects Cowboys, DEF, DAL

A business trip and a natural disaster are two different things.

In real life, yes. But importance compared to the draft? The draft is meaningless.

That's the only point I was making there.

Really??

Posted Today, 11:14 AM

That said, Masked PM'd me his pick before this fiasco. He selects Cowboys, DEF, DAL

You would not believe how I often I confused UDX and Masked in my head... and I have no idea why :)

On a business trip there is always downtown, you could always check in. You have access in this situation.

Likewise, when the power went out and everything that could be addressed in real life, was addressed... you hop on your smartphone and post a one liner about how dark everything is. :) But anyways, I think we all said what we could say.

Did you have floods too? Or just a pesky tree branch? A lot of buddies are going on day 4 without power because they can't get a truck to his house to repair the down wires to their house.

Edited by aylbert

I know on MY phone when there's 6-8 posts on a page and all the pics and images...my phone says "drop dead page closing"

and I don't have power because the relay station by us is UNDER WATER....and I'm not moving into Brian's house because people have no patience for reality in this forum.....will SOMEONE MAKE A FRAKING PICK ALREADY SO WE CAN MOVE ALONG???

Likewise, when the power went out and everything that could be addressed in real life, was addressed... you hop on your smartphone and post a one liner about how dark everything is. :) But anyways, I think we all said what we could say.

Did you have floods too? Or just a pesky tree branch? A lot of buddies are going on day 4 without power because they can't get a truck to his house to repair the down wires to their house.

Not likewise in any capacity.

One "pesky tree branch" went through a neighbors house. Fortunately, no one was killed by the "real life" issue.

And I should have. Just because I got lucky and only lost power for a few hours doesnt mean other people were so lucky.

I understand your sentiment, but even if you waited out your clock, you would have been autopicked yesterday morning... and if DevsMJ wanted to wait it out, he would have been autopicked as well... Manta even faced an autopick on this last pick of his (1:23 over). The only option was to just mandate the clock be stopped... so don't feel guilty about "rushing".

Im going to Reach extremely here too. Ben Tate, RB, HOU. Nobody really jumps out at me right now..soo.

Hamstring Injury + RB = Not good...and Tates looked fantastic this preseason anyway.

Handcuff snatching s.o.b. :)

Well ,theres nothing but backups left...and even if Foster is healthy, I stillf eel theres going ot be a time share. (though foster will probably sitll get the TDs)...so as a guy that im gonig to use twice (maybe flex if he proves himself) and those tow bye weeks they paly bad teams..I felt its worth it lol

Well ,theres nothing but backups left...and even if Foster is healthy, I stillf eel theres going ot be a time share. (though foster will probably sitll get the TDs)...so as a guy that im gonig to use twice (maybe flex if he proves himself) and those tow bye weeks they paly bad teams..I felt its worth it lol

Not mocking the pick at all... but figured Woodhead and LT... maybe even Donald Brown would be more attractive... all well, Foster can call me sick all he wants :)

1 Back situations are long and gone for the msot part, imo.

Pretty much, that's why guys like Beanie Wells were going in the fourth round lol. The RB depth seems like nothing this year compared to even last year.

And Foster tweeted he was going to be out a month, then pulled a sike about an hour later, guess further trying to tweak fantasy owners :lol: I don't follow Twitter either but saw it posted elsewhere.

Edited by NJDevs4978