Devils Army in NJ

mmajeski06

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really not shocking at all when you think about it.

I thought about it before commenting lol, so tell me why you don't think it's all that shocking.. Let's be real, are you going to drive 30 minutes to see the Flyers or 2 hours to see the Devils? Plus you have to consider that people in South Jersey root for other sports teams as well.. Are you going to be a Phillies/Eagles fan and not a Flyers fan too? Haven't met very many people who support the Devils along with the other Philly sports teams.. Usually it's a package deal

Amen to that! Monmouth represent!

It's just funny to me because I know like 10 people our age from Monmouth and 9 are Rangers fans

I drove two hours almost 30 games last year and the dude next door also goes to games but I wouldn't call that the norm

Yeah, do you find it shocking that as large a percentage of the pool from south jersey (especially Burlington and Camden which combine for more votes than Mercer) are Devils fans? I think it is

It's just funny to me because I know like 10 people our age from Monmouth and 9 are Rangers fans

Oh believe me, there are a ton of Rangers fans here. But the area really is a hockey hot bed. The interest in hockey here is a lot more than you would think. You can't go too far without being away from an outdoor roller rink and there are a good amount of ice rinks. Gold Coast Arena (Wall), Howell Ice World, Red Bank Armory, an outdoor seasonal rink in Old Bridge, couple that with Ocean Ice Palace in Brick on the county border and Winding River down in Toms River.

JvR actually grew up in Mounmouth.

Oh believe me, there are a ton of Rangers fans here. But the area really is a hockey hot bed. The interest in hockey here is a lot more than you would think. You can't go too far without being away from an outdoor roller rink and there are a good amount of ice rinks. Gold Coast Arena (Wall), Howell Ice World, Red Bank Armory, an outdoor seasonal rink in Old Bridge, couple that with Ocean Ice Palace in Brick on the county border and Winding River down in Toms River.

JvR actually grew up in Mounmouth.

Yeah a buddy of mine from Old Bridge was telling me about this kid he went to Sunday school with and spent a lot of time with who was really into hockey.. He didn't even realize that kid was a 1st round pick and playing for the Flyers.. JvR, nbd

I'm not shocked. I know many devils fans. The problem is we don't get msg here. Numbers would be higher if there was more exposure. The reason you don't see much red at philly games is not because of a lack of fans down here..its because their prices suck and the fans are savages

I'm not shocked. I know many devils fans. The problem is we don't get msg here. Numbers would be higher if there was more exposure. The reason you don't see much red at philly games is not because of a lack of fans down here..its because their prices suck and the fans are savages

Well I stand corrected lol.. Personally, if I was closer to the Flyers and in an area surrounded by Philly sports fans, I'm 90% sure I'd root for the Flyers :puke:

RE: the Devils fans in South Jersey thing ...

When I was going to college in South Jerz, I delivered pizza to pay the bills. For the most part it was one family that worked there ... father gave the restaurant to his son, his son and sisters and their boyfriends/husbands worked there. All of them diehard Flyers fans.

Anyway, the owner's wife brings in their little 4-year old daughter one night. We had a TV in the back and the Devils/Flyers game was on. The Devils scored and the little girl cheered. The whole family gasped. Her father walks over and says, "No sweetie, we're Flyers fans here." She replies, "But Daddy, they're New Jersey. We're New Jersey. I'm a Devils fan." And she followed up by giving him this look like, What are you all, stupid? I'm 4-years-old and I figured this out.

All it takes is one to break the cycle of child abuse through forcing your kid to root for the wrong team.

When I was going to college in South Jerz, I delivered pizza to pay the bills. For the most part it was one family that worked there ... father gave the restaurant to his son, his son and sisters and their boyfriends/husbands worked there. All of them diehard Flyers fans.

Anyway, the owner's wife brings in their little 4-year old daughter one night. We had a TV in the back and the Devils/Flyers game was on. The Devils scored and the little girl cheered. The whole family gasped. Her father walks over and says, "No sweetie, we're Flyers fans here." She replies, "But Daddy, they're New Jersey. We're New Jersey. I'm a Devils fan." And she followed up by giving him this look like, What are you all, stupid? I'm 4-years-old and I figured this out.

All it takes is one to break the cycle of child abuse through forcing your kid to root for the wrong team.

What are the chances one of Gov. Rangers fan Chris Christie's kids stands up to him like that?

Lmfao, I love it. Great story. fvck the Phailures.

Love it