Doc Emrick joins NBC, has left MSG.

ZeroGravityFat

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doc was the best! Really tough to see him go.Kind of had the feeling with Cangelosi doing so many games last year.

I pray to god that Steve Cangelosi doesn't take over but I have a feeling he will. Seems like a good guy but terrible voice, doesn't build suspense like doc, and can't say SCORE properly, just all around below average IMO.

Sad day but this was bound to happen eventually. He left for greener pastures and most likely a better travel schedule so I cannot blame him at all for his decision.

I have a feeling Cangi will not be doing the play by play as the permanent replacement, but probably will be the fill-in until someone else can be found. I think Cangi is not bad and got better at doing it as he got more games in last season.

The radio booth could use an overhaul but that is another story.

Very sad to see Doc go. He's 65 and doesn't want to travel as often. I get that. If Cangilosi is tapped, I'm cool with that. He knows the team and does fine job. I hope to hear him supposedly mis-pronounce "SCORE" a lot this year. Anyone who comes in has huge shoes to fill. Steve has already performed admirably. Maybe a Gary Thorne return? Maybe I'll send my demo to Lou and MSG? LOL.

All the best, Doc!!

No no, this is no bueno. I can't take cangi every game...and Doc was the only thing that made some of Chico's ramblings tolerable... :saddevil:

Edit: Gary Thorne, anyone? :rolleyes:

Gary Thorne would be a good replacement, but I still am irked by his whole Avalanche love-fest he put on in 2001.

Isn't Thorne though still bound by his contract in Baltimore anyways so he wouldn't even able to replace Doc for some time?

Very sad to see Doc go. He's 65 and doesn't want to travel as often. I get that. If Cangilosi is tapped, I'm cool with that. He knows the team and does fine job. I hope to hear him supposedly mis-pronounce "SCORE" a lot this year. Anyone who comes in has huge shoes to fill. Steve has already performed admirably. Maybe a Gary Thorne return? Maybe I'll send my demo to Lou and MSG? LOL.

All the best, Doc!!

I kinda like Cangi's "SHAWT SCAAARRRRR!!!"

Gary Thorne would be a good replacement, but I still am irked by his whole Avalanche love-fest he put on in 2001.

Isn't Thorne though still bound by his contract in Baltimore anyways so he wouldn't even able to replace Doc for some time?

Same, with regards to the 2001 P.O's, but yeah I think he's under contract for at least another year. Not sure about specifics

Edited by Devilsfan118

Sorry to see him go, but we were lucky to have him as long as we did. Hope everything works out for him.

All the best, Doc!!

Thorne would be an interesting choice. He called Devils games before Doc, but he makes a lot of mistakes (i.e. Friesen's goal against Ottawa in game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals in 2003). He kind of reminds me a John Sterling trying to determine if a lazy fly to right is going to reach the seats...yes, no, yes...maybe?

I like Cangi, but, as was previously stated, there is no buildup or set-up in his calls and his "SCARRR" is annoying. No matter who takes over, we are bound to hate him as that person will always be compared to, and will never be able to live up to, the bar which was set so incredibly high by Doc.

If Canger-Sore calls every game next season, I'll be watching a lot of silent hockey. I'd rather see Matt Loughlin (sp?) who currently calls the Devs on the radio (for those of you who don't know)... I liked him a lot the few times I've evre actually listened to a game on the radio.

I hate Matt. He is terrible and every time I am in the car listening to a game on the radio I am screaming at it for him to tell me the score which he only does either right before or after commercials (which can sometimes be 10-15 minutes) If Cangi sounds less-than-excited during his calling of the game, then Matty is sleep-walking through his and always seems to be a good 25 seconds behind play. His partner Sherri is terrible too and provides nothing in-depth other than the blatently obvious.

If Canger-Sore calls every game next season, I'll be watching a lot of silent hockey. I'd rather see Matt Loughlin (sp?) who currently calls the Devs on the radio (for those of you who don't know)... I liked him a lot the few times I've evre actually listened to a game on the radio.

I hear that. I never really like the little rat that is Cangelosi. But I liked Matt Loughlin, at least he looks normal.

I hear that. I never really like the little rat that is Cangelosi. But I liked Matt Loughlin, at least he looks normal.

The one thing that I can knock Cangi on is that every time I see him interviewing someone, he looks like he is about to go in for a nice big kiss. Kinda creepy.