Doc Emrick joins NBC, has left MSG.

ZeroGravityFat

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its time for daneyko to do play by play :whistling:

His pace would be a disaster. I know you're joking about play by play, but he speaks to slowly to do color. I'd like to see him do more in between periods/interviews, because he knows his sh!t, but I don't want him doing game work.

Good for Doc, Sad for us. Really amazing broadcaster. One of my favorite Doc moments from the past couple of years was when during a Flyers-Devils he was doing pbp for the numbers on the ice with the corresponding players from 20 years ago. He did it for a few shifts too!

Thanks Doc, for the memories. Enjoy your "new" job.

What is all this love for Matty? He is terrible and boring as watching paint dry. He also misses a lot of plays and cannot seem to get a grasp of the action going on.

My main beef with him is so many times during a game he will raise his voice when a good scoring chance is occurring, but then when the shot is taken he slows down and it takes him an eternity to let you know if it was a goal or if the goalie covered the puck. At least when the home team scores you can hear the goal horn before he tells you it was a goal, but if it's the away team you have no idea.

"Here comes Crosby on a breakaway, GOES TO THE BACKHAND, SHOOTS....OHHH...and.....it.......goes........off..........the........post...........and...........in..........the..........................................net."

Wow. I kinda sorta called this, but I still didn't expect it. I say this not to toot my own horn, but because I hate being right sometimes. :(

No matter who takes over, we are bound to hate him as that person will always be compared to, and will never be able to live up to, the bar which was set so incredibly high by Doc.

B-I-...

That being said, if Cango could speed up his pbP a tad and fill in more descriptive calls. All the while learning how to control Chicos ramblings he won't be so bad. There are much worse announcers out there.

...-N-G-O. We have become so spoiled as Devils fans. Not only do we take the best for granted, we also have very little concept of just how ordinary everyone else is.

"Here comes Crosby on a breakaway, GOES TO THE BACKHAND, SHOOTS....OHHH...and.....it.......goes........off..........the........post...........and...........in..........the..........................................net."

:lol: :lol:

That is EXACTLY the same problem I have with him. He drags out exciting plays for such a long time

:lol: :lol:

That is EXACTLY the same problem I have with him. He drags out exciting plays for such a long time

Still better than Matty where he is talking calmly and then all of the sudden I hear horns and the crowd cheering and then he goes " and the puck is in goal for the Devils" about 10 seconds after the crowd is going nuts.

Good for him, he deserves it hes a class act.....however.....NOW WERE STUCK WITH fvckING STEVE!? sh!t!

I dont know what it will be like actually watching a full season without his excitement. He was always a huge part of the Devils for me growing up.

The sad part is if I actually sit here and think about it, I could get a little upset.

Edited by Quinn01

First of all Thanks Doc for the many seasons of enjoyment. Best wishes with the future.

Now I don't have a problem with Steve C if he takes that position. It's Chico I can't stand. He will be worse than when he was with Doc and that was really bad. Then there is the replacement of Steve C. Do I think it could be Dano and Christin Simpson,OH NO. That will be tough to take. I don't want Matt Laughlin to be any part of this.

Randy Velischek might be an interesting replacement for Chico, but I think he is a little too subdued for TV.

Man, I miss Mike Miller(hint, hint MSG?) and Randy Velishcek on the radio(and John Hennessey was good too). Of course I'll miss Doc the most. Still remember meeting him the morning of Game 7 against Anaheim. It's gonna be so different next year

Still better than Matty where he is talking calmly and then all of the sudden I hear horns and the crowd cheering and then he goes " and the puck is in goal for the Devils" about 10 seconds after the crowd is going nuts.

Haha yea but at least then you hear the horn and know it's a goal. When it's the away team you are left completely in the dark until he decides to stop withholding information and finally tells you what happened.

I just cried a little bit!

Since i have pretty much seen every Devils game with Doc's presence it feels like i am losing the person who i go to games with.

Can we trade Parise to NBC to get him back?

Its sad because he called it like a fan, he was, and always will be part of the franchise.

Nearly every highlight, moment and memory of the New Jersey Devils' decade-long run of success from 1994-2003 — three Stanley Cups, four conference titles and nearly a fifth in '94 — was described by Doc Emrick.

You say the words "save Brodeur!", and you realize it's Emrick saying them.

You realize that the cadence in his voice — building offensive chances into a frenzy before deflating the energy when the puck is covered — is part of the reason your ass has levitated off the seat during a goal-mouth scramble.

You remember that the first time the words "the championship to New Jersey — the Devils win the Stanley Cup" were uttered, they were from Emrick's pipes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Doc-Emrick-now-NBC-VERSUS-exclusive-leaves-Devi?urn=nhl-wp9482#remaining-content

Nice right up by Greg, pretty much describes my feelings.

Sigh.

These reminders of the passage of time can be annoying – Doc’s 65?

Agree with best play by play guy out there, regardless of sport. Doc could make watching paint dry interesting as he’d throw in little factoids about the town the guy that mixed the paint came from.

The guy I would want is employed, unfortunately. Actually, both of them are (Now that Doc is out, I hope Chico is too. Chico was tolerable mostly because of Doc's presence). I want both Ralph Strangis and Daryl Reigh from Dallas. Best team out there imo, but alas, not gonna happen.