Palmieri

Bibby89

I know it isn't really a big issue, but there isn't really much Devils related discussion going on besides Єklund (2.3% accurate) basically making up absurd rumors lately (Doughty for Parise) so I just figured I'd ask if you guys think Palmieri gets a # change this season since he should be on the NHL team for the year. 32 was kind of a holding number i assume since the Devs are big on keeping jersey #'s low. I know 15 is available again. Any other guesses, or do you think he keeps it? Also Larsson but he isnt a definite on the big club yet. But i guess if Fraser isn't starting he could in theory take #2 even though 28 seems to be a rookie rotating # as of late.

Oops sorry i meant to say 18, Zharkov had it at the end of the year but halischuk had it at points as did vasyunov and i think 1 more player but im not sure. Didn't Urbom wear 29? I thought both him and Eckford had that number at one point last season as well.

there are 28 numbers between 2 and 29, inclusive. of those, 4 are not used by the devils (3, 4, 13, 27). so there's 24 available numbers. lou is going to have to drop the obsession with having numbers under 30, because with a full roster, that leaves only one available number, and if salvador is on IR again, that leaves 0 available numbers.

Edited by Triumph

If Urbom doesn't make the team I'd assume Palmieri gets 22, I wouldn't be surprised though if he stays with 32 since as was stated before we are running out of numbers under 30 and so giving players (Palmieri, Fayne) numbers in the 30's seems like the next logical step to take.

11 will always be John Madden in my eyes. Tough to get used to seeing another 11 out there. Mair was 11 right?

I don't care what number he wears. I have a funny feeling, not based in fact at all, that he will be traded before the season starts. Not sure why. Hope I'm wrong. He showed some nice potential.

Scoops

Yea it was really weird seeing Mair wear #11 last season for me too, I was a big Madden fan, he is one of the few guys who have recently left the Devils that i still root for. Also Gionta, atleast he didnt stay in the division (example gomaz, martin, rupp) but I always liked Gionta's play and all he did was go play with Gomez again, that seems to be a player he really clicks with.

I can see Palmieri staying with the #32. Don't think he will change his number. It will be interesting to see what number Larsson gets.

Id like to see Larsson get 15. He was 5 but White has that obviously. With 15, hes still getting the 5 in there.

Motts worse 27 for a few years... did someone come out and say that 27 was unavailable? or are you just assuming it is since nobody wore it last year.

the devils clearly wanted to retire niedermayer's number last year but the terrible season thwarted that. i think we'll see it get retired this year.