Most Disliked Devil

Jerrydevil

I stole this topic from the Rangers cafe, but I thought it would be fun here, considering the whole Holik soap opera and more recently, the Danton stuff.

It's a tough vote for me, but I'm going with Bill Guerin, who may be a top player now, but frustrated the hell out of me when he was here. The holdout, the costly crease violation in the 1997 playoffs, his inability to fulfill his potential in NJ......I was glad to see him go.

It was close between Guerin and one other player, who I'm SURE will be mentioned by someone.

Hmmm. Lots of morons that I think are doofuses now but liked on the team..(read: Oliwa)

I can't hate Holik because in the end he's a great player and I can't hate someone who makes hockey more fun for me.

I can hate Mogilny!! :D But how can you care that much about someone who just doesn't care that much, you know?

I can hate Scott Stevens for his conspiracy to get Larry fired...oh wait no -- that's GR who thinks that... :huh:

Ron low is a moron! Chico is a homer! Hmmmm...this is going to need some real thought -- I'll get back to you later :evil:

My edit: Holik isn't great. I never thought he was great...but he loves hockey soo - that's what I meant :)

Odelein of course, he was garbage

Kirk Muller, not because of anything he did with us but that whole Islander situation made me see him in a different light.

Esa Tikkanen, old Rag scum, always a thorn in our side. Said some bad things about the Devils after his brief stint was over.

Smoked Salo, piece of crap and complained about not getting enough ice time. What a liability he was.

Walt Poddubny, he was supposed to score 35 goals for us!

Tom Chorske, came back and killed us in 96. I hate him with a passion.

Sheldon Souray. Never liked his first name, SHELDON?!?! What the fvck is that?

As Barry Melrose said today a veteran player can controll who is the coach and what coach goes. As PepperKorn wrote today I would post Scott Stevens for his getting rid of Larry and she didn't mention his lack of leadership on and off the ice and in the lockerroom.

So my vote is without question, the guy with the money & contract that can't play anymore. Scotty Stevens.

Arnott? :D

Oooh wait is this hated by the fans and players, or just by me? ;)

Holik now has the honor that was formerly held by Odelein.

I didn't really hate Odelein because of his attitude, he was a good team guy, but his on-ice play became brutal to watch.

Then there's that worthless piece of crap O'Donnell...seems like Lou made that deal just for sake of making one.

Ftorek takes the cake for most disliked coach.

Former Devil- A tied between Rat Bastard and Claude's terrible brother, you ALL know who I'm talking about...he was probably the worst NHL Player ever

Current Devil- White. He tries to do too much and be like Stevens with all these hits but just takes himself out of position and often times takes a penalty for those hits too. Oh and he punches people in the back of their head on the PK after the whistle is blown, yeah this guy is amazing. :unsure:

Miss we could trade him more than Z or any of the Big 3...

Unfortunately(in your opinion at least) Njay we cant trade White before the big 3. Otherwise there is no young physical defenseman playing for us, and there wont be a nhl caliber one for a few years. White is damn important to the d right now, and from what ive heard is really outplaying both Stevens and Dano as of now.